Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A quarter season in at 2-2 predict the final record

Sticking with 9 - 7. This team has a 1996 feel to them. Could see a surprising deep run in the play off's.

As Minshew and the offensive line begin to gel you'll see more and more plays from Flip with different looks.

Schedule wise it doesn't seem as tough as initially believed. The NFC South is looking at Tampa Bay as the team to beat.

Then there's the Bengals and a few other outliers. I expect them to be streaky.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm thinking 10-6 is possible. I would be overjoyed with that, as that likely may be enough to win the division, even.

I see ATL, NYJ and CIN as shoe-in wins
I'll conservatively say we split the next two games (@CAR, NO)
I'm giving us the win in London, because we should have won in Houston.
loss @IND
I see 1-1 in the @TEN and TB games, but not sure which game is lost.
Same for the LAC/OAK games, let's say that's a split too
Win last game hosting IND

That's 8-4, and I'll say the keys to this playing out are not Jalen. If anything happens to Campbell or Bouye, that record will likely head South in a hurry. Bouye in particular has been playing great since Ramsey put the drama into full gear.

(10-02-2019, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'm thinking 10-6 is possible. I would be overjoyed with that, as that likely may be enough to win the division, even.

loss @IND

That's 8-4, and I'll say the keys to this playing out are not Jalen. If anything happens to Campbell or Bouye, that record will likely head South in a hurry.  Bouye in particular has been playing great since Ramsey put the drama into full gear.
Don't do this.

12-4 feels like someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid. Here are a few reasons why we won't get there:
  • Secondary: without Ramsey we were completely exposed. Herndon has promise, but he's not ready to be glued to an opponent's top receiver, and the Broncos abused him in that role. If Ramsey returns, things look much better here. If not, good QBs and good WRs will pick the back end apart.
  • OL: Putting Richardson in gave this OL a completely different vibe, but there are still issues at the tackle spots. Robinson should improve as the year goes on, but he needs to learn to keep his emotions in check or he's going to do something dumb that kills a key drive or, you know, takes us out of field goal range when Lambo is about to line up for the game winner. Taylor should also improve, but he's a rookie and so far he looks like it. As we saw last week, as goes the OL, so goes the run game, and as goes the run game, so go the Jaguars. Which brings me to my last point...
  • Minshew: Yes, he's the second coming of Uncle Rico. Yes, he's playing lights-out ball as a rookie. Yes, he has completely blown every expectation for his entire career out of the water in four games. Yes, I am totally on board with him as the Jaguars' future, but he's still a rookie QB. He'll throw interceptions, he'll fumble, he'll make boneheaded decisions with the ball every once in a while. Early returns are incredibly promising, and I'd love nothing more than for Minshew to make Nick Foles into the highest-paid backup in league history, but there will be rough patches. If those rough patches come during a game where the OL can't block to save its life and Fournette can't get going as a result, well, the rook can only carry the whole team on his back for so long before it breaks.
The reasons why, ironically, are basically the same. If Ramsey comes back, the secondary is fixed. If the OL figures its stuff out, Fournette is a monster. If Minshew keeps the rookie mistakes to a minimum, the passing game is as big a threat as it's been since the days of Brunell connecting with Smith and McCardell.

I think somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6 makes sense.

I was thinking a 10 win season before week 1. After we lost Foles, i was thinking more in the 6-7 range. Then Minshew took over and has looked really good so far, but Ramseys drama has pulled my expectations down a bit. At this point, i would be happy with an 8-8 finish. Playoffs would be great, but trending upward for the next few seasons with a very young qb like Minshew showing real potential would keep me happy.
In Dougie I Trust!

Seeing how we are average at everything...8-8 looks right about average.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-02-2019, 01:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Seeing how we are average at everything...8-8 looks right about average.

I think "average" could be defined as 8-8 +/- 1 so I'll throw out 9-7... for no particular reason.

Given the schedule prior to the season, 2-2 after the first quarter is pretty reasonable.  Looking ahead to the second quarter, 2-2 is very much possible.  The only 2 "should win" games that I see are against the Bengals and the Jets.  The other 2 games could really go either way at this point in the season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I said 10-6 before the regular season started and expecting Nick Foles as the starter. After the Houston loss, I had bumped that down to 8-8. Now I don't know. Minshew's play and a resurgent Fournette makes me think 10 wins was the right pick afterall. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-02-2019, 10:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'm thinking 10-6 is possible. I would be overjoyed with that, as that likely may be enough to win the division, even.

loss @IND

That's 8-4, and I'll say the keys to this playing out are not Jalen. If anything happens to Campbell or Bouye, that record will likely head South in a hurry.  Bouye in particular has been playing great since Ramsey put the drama into full gear.
Don't do this.

As long as the players don't do this we should in fact win and handle those teams, especially if Ramsey is playing.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 12:54 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

9-7 will probably win the division. We have to sweep IND or TEN and beat HOU in London though. I feel like with our running game getting traction and if Sacksonville comes back with Ramsey we have as good a chance as anyone else in the AFC that aren't the Chiefs or Patriots.
No pain, no gain.

(10-02-2019, 11:12 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 10:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don't do this.

As long as the players don't do this we should in fact win and handle those teams, especially if Ramsey is playing.

exactly, those are 'on paper' wins.

there's always the human factor. there's always [knock wood] injuries. it's prognostication.