Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing (merged)

(12-22-2019, 11:48 AM)Jags239 Wrote: I don’t get why they would replace Coughlin. Just needs to be a GM that’s in charge.
Very possible that's how it happens. 

I think the most likely scenario is that they replace Caldwell with a new GM, forego the EVP position, and give Tony  a more empowered role working with a GM that is more on board with analytical input.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have to win the last 2 and possibly we keep Dave and Doug. But if we lose either of the last 2 I think there is zero chance either stays

If we're stuck with the same coaching staff, I might take a break from watching football in 2020. There's only so much a man can take.

(12-22-2019, 11:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we're stuck with the same coaching staff,  I might take a break from watching football in 2020. There's only so much a man can take.

IDK about all this. We have only seen 2 games with Marrone as head coach without Coughlin's 'influence.' I happen to think that by this year Coughlin was probably interfering substantially. I think the guy who deserves more chances the most is Marrone.

I am also of the opinion that Dave is a decent evaluator of talent, as evidenced by his drafts he did on his own with his own scouts 14-16. Its hard for me to figure out who was really in control the last couple of years, cause Fournette was completely a Coughlin pick. Dave doesn't draft RB's that high, we have proof with the prior drafts before Coughlin.

Anyway, I am getting tangential, my major point is that I think these guys deserve some time without Coughlin, and that they aren't as bad as they might look right at this second.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-22-2019, 12:14 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 11:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we're stuck with the same coaching staff,  I might take a break from watching football in 2020. There's only so much a man can take.

IDK about all this. We have only seen 2 games with Marrone as head coach without Coughlin's 'influence.' I happen to think that by this year Coughlin was probably interfering substantially. I think the guy who deserves more chances the most is Marrone.

I am also of the opinion that Dave is a decent evaluator of talent, as evidenced by his drafts he did on his own with his own scouts 14-16. Its hard for me to figure out who was really in control the last couple of years, cause Fournette was completely a Coughlin pick. Dave doesn't draft RB's that high, we have proof with the prior drafts before Coughlin.

Anyway, I am getting tangential, my major point is that I think these guys deserve some time without Coughlin, and that they aren't as bad as they might look right at this second.

Let's see how they play today in Atlanta

If they only get rid of one more coach on Black Monday, it has to be Wash. It MUST be..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-22-2019, 12:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If they only get rid of one more coach on Black Monday, it has to be Wash. It MUST be..

Wash is absolutely walking on the plank.

(12-22-2019, 12:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If they only get rid of one more coach on Black Monday, it has to be Wash. It MUST be..

Agree, I think he's gone regardless.  Only way I see him back is if he get back to back shut outs in these last 2 games lol

Man. Can we just skip these last 2 games? Lol

(12-22-2019, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agree, I think he's gone regardless.  Only way I see him back is if he get back to back shut outs in these last 2 games lol

I would hope that isn't even enough. Wash has had, what, six years now to make his system work consistently? And it doesn't. It consistently collapses into the old break-but-don't-bend defenses of nightmares past. I don't care if the defense has 30 pick-sixes between this week and next, Wash has to be done.

You can’t bring them back now. Way too many blowout losses including the week against the Falcons.

Need a totally fresh start.

Agreed. I like Marrone, but this debacle requires a clean sweep

(12-22-2019, 03:25 PM)Newton Wrote: Agreed. I like Marrone, but this debacle requires a clean sweep

It's true.  

Not to mention the penalty numbers and constant out of position defenders just has to eventually come back to fall at the HC's feet.  

No way the Jags can keep Marrone or Wash with any kind of good conscience IMO.

Click bait! Most responses ever for the bot proves so.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019, 04:57 PM by homebiscuit.)

The funeral dirge for Marrone's Jaguars career is now playing.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019, 05:21 PM by old_man.)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2834...guars-2020

Very interesting..

"Sources said Coughlin and Marrone rarely had spoken since October, and each had his own ideas about the way the organization should be run."

Since October this would be one game before Foles was re-inserted as the starter...  That would lead to the idea that Coughlin did not want to start Foles.

The following is odd and questionable.. this was Coughlin's first year...

"Sources have indicated to ESPN that Khan and others throughout the organization believe Marrone and Caldwell -- who led a team that was within one quarter of reaching the Super Bowl after the 2017 season -- have shown they are capable of doing their jobs."

I hope the following is not true....he is relying on the players to give approval and what the hell was Caldwell doing before Coughlin was on board?

"In addition, sources say Khan is optimistic that Marrone -- who is said to have support for his return among key players -- and Caldwell will be able to operate effectively and successfully with more breathing room in a post-Coughlin era."

Looks like they are setting Coughlin up as the scape goat.

He had his issues,  but to give a pass to these knuckleheads  is mind boggling.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-22-2019, 05:14 PM)old_man Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2834...guars-2020

Very interesting..

"Sources said Coughlin and Marrone rarely had spoken since October, and each had his own ideas about the way the organization should be run."

Since October this would be one game before Foles was re-inserted as the starter...

"Sources have indicated to ESPN that Khan and others throughout the organization believe Marrone and Caldwell -- who led a team that was within one quarter of reaching the Super Bowl after the 2017 season -- have shown they are capable of doing their jobs."

I hope the following is not true....he is relying on the players to give approval and what the hell was Caldwell doing before Coughlin was on board?

"In addition, sources say Khan is optimistic that Marrone -- who is said to have support for his return among key players -- and Caldwell will be able to operate effectively and successfully with more breathing room in a post-Coughlin era."

Looks like they are setting Coughlin up as the scape goat.

He had his issues,  but to give a pass to these knuckleheads  is mind boggling.

If I was an ineffective starter getting paid millions, I would want the guy that keeps paying me too.

(12-22-2019, 05:14 PM)old_man Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2834...guars-2020

Very interesting..

Since October this would be one game before Foles was re-inserted as the starter...

I hope Khan is prepared to struggle selling tickets next year. Even if Wash were replaced do you really trust Marrone to hire the next defensive coordinator?

And what about the penalties and offensive line struggles? How can that possibly be overlooked. If these [BLEEP] aren't fired come Black Monday. . .

Man. . .

I just don't know.

And I damn tired of hearing about 2017. That defense is gone. They feasted on a weak schedule with weak offensive teams with holes at the QB position.

And even then they struggled against the likes of McCown, Gabbert, Garoppollo & Mariota and they barely finished 10 - 6 that year. That was a fluke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019, 05:25 PM by MojoKing.)

1 Winning Season with Dave Caldwell in 6 years

2 Straight Terrible 5-11 seasons with Marrone

I think we need a fresh start

It just bothers me that 2017 keeps coming up. It's been two terrible years in a row since that fluke season.

That defense is not playing in 2019 anymore. Church. Gone. Gipson. Gone. Ramsey. Gone. Jackson. Gone. Colvin. Gone. Dareus. IR. Posluszny. Retired. Smith. Quit.

That's essentially an entire defense gone. Replaced by guys like Harrison, Wilson, Hayden, Herndon, Bryan, Williams and a plethora of other names not working out.

And, again. Even in 2017. You barely won 10 games with those guys. Swept by Mariota. Beat by Garroppolo, Gabbert and McCown. Lost count of how many special team's plays were pulled out of DeCamillis' [BLEEP] to keep the offense on the field that year too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."