Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing (merged)

Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...lin-firing

The Jacksonville Jaguars made a massive change this week, ridding themselves of EVP Tom Coughlin. If things go the way owner Shad Khan hopes over the next two weeks, that could be it for major moves

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-22-2019, 07:04 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing

The Jacksonville Jaguars made a massive change this week, ridding themselves of EVP Tom Coughlin. If things go the way owner Shad Khan hopes over the next two weeks, that could be it for major moves

What a complete bunch of nothing.  "IF..."  "...could..."  

Well, sure.  If things go the way I hope, I could be a billionaire.  Or maybe not.  

Khan is either going to fire some more people, or he's not going to fire more people.  What an incredible prediction.

I might be sick if that's true. There clearly issues at the coaching level, not addressing those is a real problem. ESPECIALLY the defensive coordinator

It was all big baddie Coughlin's fault. Magic starts today.

Go go mediocre.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think they clean house. Rappaport has to produce words for a paycheck, conjecture or not. If even pedestrian fans can see the difficulty of keeping the current staff onboard, you can be assured ownership does too. The decision won’t rest on the effects of Coughlin’s removal, but on what quality staff is available for hire.

(12-22-2019, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:04 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing

What a complete bunch of nothing.  "IF..."  "...could..."  

Well, sure.  If things go the way I hope, I could be a billionaire.  Or maybe not.  

Khan is either going to fire some more people, or he's not going to fire more people.  What an incredible prediction.

Yeah. Just speculation with no foundation. 

The player assoc. grievances sealed TC's fate and there was no keeping him till the offseason with that black eye on the franchise.  

The coaches and GM haven't forced Khan's hand to move on prior to the offseason that way -  and I believe they are all still firmly on the hottest of hot seats.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/statu...1536756736

Supposedly he is good friends with Caldwell.
No Fun

So some people want to go the Its All Coughlins fault route. 

So I should be expecting the next two games to be 50-0 W's for us right?

(12-22-2019, 09:18 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So some people want to go the Its All Coughlins fault route. 

Just like it was all Gus' and then all Bortles' fault before that. How Caldwell keeps surviving like this is beyond comprehension (if the rumors turn out to be true).

I see zero choice except to pray for two more blowout losses and hopefully that will help shake Shad out of this hypnosis. But if the worst 5 week stretch of any team in over 30 years didn't already do that then I don't know what can.

If true, what a bonehead organization to be put back like it's 2016.

(12-22-2019, 09:18 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So some people want to go the Its All Coughlins fault route. 

I haven't really seen anyone claiming this except that one tweet by Darlington.

(12-22-2019, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote:

Just like it was all Gus' and then all Bortles' fault before that. How Caldwell keeps surviving like this is beyond comprehension (if the rumors turn out to be true).

I see zero choice except to pray for two more blowout losses and hopefully that will help shake Shad out of this hypnosis. But if the worst 5 week stretch of any team in over 30 years didn't already do that then I don't know what can.

Exactly. Tom was running practice? Tom was calling O and D plays? Tom was holding team meetings?

Coughlin had to go, but I cant get my head round people putting it all on him. Take Foles and Minshew. If Marrone wanted Minshew and Coughlin wanted Foles, I kind of judge the HC that does what he doesn't want to. 

Those 5 games were as rough as I've ever seen, I keep thinking about that line in Breaking Bad. You took a half measure when you should have gone all the way.

I dont want to be here next year, 5-9 and wondering why we are here again.

(12-22-2019, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I haven't really seen anyone claiming this except that one tweet by Darlington.

I agree that most people think they will be gone but I have seen a few fans take a weird turn after this week and wonder if Coughlin had been Palpatine and controlled everything and the rest of the staff never got to do what they wanted.

(12-22-2019, 09:46 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote: Just like it was all Gus' and then all Bortles' fault before that. How Caldwell keeps surviving like this is beyond comprehension (if the rumors turn out to be true).

Exactly. Tom was running practice? Tom was calling O and D plays? Tom was holding team meetings?

Coughlin had to go, but I cant get my head round people putting it all on him. Take Foles and Minshew. If Marrone wanted Minshew and Coughlin wanted Foles, I kind of judge the HC that does what he doesn't want to. 

Those 5 games were as rough as I've ever seen, I keep thinking about that line in Breaking Bad. You took a half measure when you should have gone all the way.

I dont want to be here next year, 5-9 and wondering why we are here again.

I’m not going to go out of my way to defend Marrone.  But, in regards to your second paragraph, it was reported that Marrone and Coughlin were hollering at each other after the game Foles was benched.  So, even if TC wanted Foles at first, (and I think the majority of us thought starting Foles when healthy was the right move) doesn’t sound like DM was doing as he said.  Sounds more like he saw enough of Foles and perhaps separate himself from a sinking ship.  If that’s the case, you can’t fault him for that.  

Today, I’ll be looking at how the team responds after the TC firing.  Seems like many players are relieved based off social media.  

But don’t get me wrong, I’m not necessarily advocating keeping anyone.  Just almost seems like it is possible TC was/is the bigger issue.

(12-22-2019, 09:55 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I haven't really seen anyone claiming this except that one tweet by Darlington.

I agree that most people think they will be gone but I have seen a few fans take a weird turn after this week and wonder if Coughlin had been Palpatine and controlled everything and the rest of the staff never got to do what they wanted.

I guess maybe a few folks could talk themselves into that. 

The sheer number of penalties and out of position defenders over the past two years seems impossible to overlook though, and I think that stuff has to fall on Marrone and Wash. (obviously the poor performance of some of those players reflects on TC/DC as well)

There is too much smoke coming right now. I hope they are gone, I just can't have any hope or interest in another season with Marrone.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I think Rapoport and DiRocco wrote these articles and headlines strictly to get the obvious clicks and responses from those of you saying "Nooo!!! This can't happen!! Khan's an idiot!!"

But but but Khan is a god, he knows what he is doing.

Khan is an idiot, wouldn't be surprised if he keeps them.

I don’t get why they would replace Coughlin. Just needs to be a GM that’s in charge.

If true, then I'll probably just be done with football. It was a fun run, but this team has no idea what they're doing.