Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best way to watch the Jags from afar

(05-11-2021, 08:14 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I live in Texas too and I just got the NFL Sunday ticket online version

Where in Texas?  Because I get to a point in signing up and it tells me "Not available in your area" after going through several screens of input.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have YouTubeTV and travel from time to time. The key to tricking the system to thinking that you are in Jacksonville is to have someone local to the Jacksonville area log into your account from time to time which resets the system that is derived to see if you are out of the area. It is of my understanding that one gets locked out if they are out of the local region for 90 days. This happened to my son living in Atlanta and all I had to do was log into his user account form my home in NE Florida (YouTube allows for 5 Users per each account but only 3 Users can watch at the same time). This action of me logging into his account reset the system which allowed him to watch YouTubeTv from Atlanta and retain the Jacksonville local stations.

Also, I believe the new account would need to be setup from a Jacksonville location so you may need to get a family member or trustworthy friend to set it up from here because you will need to include a password and recurring payment info (e.g. credit card #).

As info, when I do travel, YouTubeTV asks me if I'm traveling since it detects a new region. When I click yes, my Jacksonville stations are kept in place.

I live in Red Oak, TX and I used to have the online version of DirecTV but got tired of paying $300 a year for it.  Just use nflbite and stream to my 82 inch TV.

(05-10-2021, 10:29 PM)surfon Wrote: Better question is how didmyou become a jags fan in the big D.  We need the backstory.  Inquiring minds want to know.

We are glad to have you however it happened.

LOL well I appreciate the welcome!

When I left the military I was starting to get interested in football. I knew I was moving to Dallas, but I really didn't feel like following the Cowboys LOL. That was about the time the Jaguars were first announced. I remembered seeing all the stories about how excited the fans were about their new team. I'd never been to Jacksonville but I really liked what I heard about the fans there, so I decided to pick the Jags as my favorite team. That was before their first game and I've been loyal ever since.

Since then I've seen them in Dallas a few times, and I went to Jacksonville for one game - turned out it was Tony Boselli day, so I got to see him honored as the Jags beat the snot out of the Jets. 

Tough to be a Jags fan in Dallas - the team gets no exposure here. But my wife bought me a Bose device for Christmas that streams radio stations from all over, and now I listen to 1010XL most every day. And I'd really love to be able to watch the games.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 08:48 PM by Sibelius.)

(05-11-2021, 02:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:58 PM)Sibelius Wrote: wow I didn't realize it was so tough to get them!

So Hulu TV won't get me the games?

I may need to push back on my wife about giving up Dish Network and going with DirectTV.

Be prepared to pay out the nose. I just got rid of DirecTV. It was way too expensive. I had a basic, no extras package and no NFL Sunday Ticket. It was $149 a month. I went to Youtube TV and I get even more channels than I had, for only $68 a month.

Right now I'm spending $177 per month with Dish and I don't have any movie channels, so I'm already paying out the nose LOL. But it would be nice to find something more like what you're paying, that's for sure.

(05-11-2021, 08:14 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I live in Texas too and I just got the NFL Sunday ticket online version

Do you need DirectTv subscription to get the online version?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

How many Jags games would you be able to watch live if you sign up for CBS Sports live thing? I think it's called Paramount+ now.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 12:13 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Be ready for half the games to be blacked out anyway. And then you do CBS and still only get 1 or 2 more. It’s not easy doing jags games from afar.

Don’t know how to do the location spoof things. Obviously you would get all the games if you had local cbs usually.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(05-11-2021, 08:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 02:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Be prepared to pay out the nose. I just got rid of DirecTV. It was way too expensive. I had a basic, no extras package and no NFL Sunday Ticket. It was $149 a month. I went to Youtube TV and I get even more channels than I had, for only $68 a month.

Right now I'm spending $177 per month with Dish and I don't have any movie channels, so I'm already paying out the nose LOL. But it would be nice to find something more like what you're paying, that's for sure.

The online only needs an address that can't get Directv. Those are generally apartments or students. You can check online to see if it will let you sign up. If you can signup for YouTube and keep an address and signin from Jax, that is probably the cheapest. Maybe you could trade with someone wanting to watch Dallas games.

(05-11-2021, 10:01 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: How many Jags games would you be able to watch live if you sign up for CBS Sports live thing? I think it's called Paramount+ now.

Right now I think it is just your local games. There are additional games but no one knows right now what games or how many that will be. I would image at a minimum the game will have to be CBS.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

With Meyer at the helm I would suggest watching with two ice-picks in both eyes.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-10-2021, 10:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: There are streaming options online.  I usually use a few reliable websites I stream from.  NFLbite.com is one

This is what i do, from Ohio. Theres alot of options to pick from. Its a bit of a pain going through finding the smoothest best looking, but typically once you find it you are good to go. I have an android, so i just screen share it to my tv.
In Dougie I Trust!

(05-12-2021, 10:31 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: There are streaming options online.  I usually use a few reliable websites I stream from.  NFLbite.com is one

This is what i do, from Ohio. Theres alot of options to pick from. Its a bit of a pain going through finding the smoothest best looking, but typically once you find it you are good to go. I have an android, so i just screen share it to my tv.
Or grab an HDMI cord and stream from your computer to your TV.

Lots of ways to watch these days. Thanks Internet!

(05-12-2021, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 10:31 AM)Hurricane Wrote: This is what i do, from Ohio. Theres alot of options to pick from. Its a bit of a pain going through finding the smoothest best looking, but typically once you find it you are good to go. I have an android, so i just screen share it to my tv.
Or grab an HDMI cord and stream from your computer to your TV.

Lots of ways to watch these days. Thanks Internet!

Or you can download an ap and watch it straight from your Smart TV.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

You guys are getting too fancy with this. I just push one button haha
In Dougie I Trust!

simple answer. go to local sports bar,and watch game there. Ask them at sports bar to put one tv on jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Check out KODI

i live in Ontario, Canada and i use DAZN. 140 for the year. it's well worth it to me.

I use a service, about $40 for the season but you gotta pay in crypto.

(05-11-2021, 08:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 02:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Be prepared to pay out the nose. I just got rid of DirecTV. It was way too expensive. I had a basic, no extras package and no NFL Sunday Ticket. It was $149 a month. I went to Youtube TV and I get even more channels than I had, for only $68 a month.

I think the stipulation was that if DirectTV isn’t available in your area, you can get an online version of it. I’m in Cypress, TX just outside of Houston and DirectTV isn’t available in my area. I’m hoping the rights to Sunday Ticket go to another service like ESPN+