Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best way to watch the Jags from afar

I live in Dallas, Texas, and here in the land of the 4" belt buckle we don't get many Jags games. 

My wife refuses to go with DirectTV so no NFL Sunday Ticket for me, unfortunately. I'm trying to find a way to watch all the Jags games live this year on TV. It looks like Hulu TV might do it but I'm open to suggestions. 

How do you watch Jacksonville play from outside the area?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I live in Dallas, Texas, and here in the land of the 4" belt buckle we don't get many Jags games. 

My wife refuses to go with DirectTV so no NFL Sunday Ticket for me, unfortunately. I'm trying to find a way to watch all the Jags games live this year on TV. It looks like Hulu TV might do it but I'm open to suggestions. 

I'm in Fort Worth after being a season ticket holder for the first 25 years.  It's tough to get them.  I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings.  Although, last year they were so bad I couldn't take any more after the Miami game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Can you buy the online version of directv's nfl sunday ticket? I know they have some restrictions depending on where you live but not sure how strict they adhere to their policy. I know someone who could get directv (has clear line of sight) but claimed they didnt and was able to sign up for sundy ticket.

(05-10-2021, 09:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Can you buy the online version of directv's nfl sunday ticket?  I know they have some restrictions depending on where you live but not sure how strict they adhere to their policy.  I know someone who could get directv (has clear line of sight) but claimed they didnt and was able to sign up for sundy ticket.

Actually what I've been considering just signing up for YoutubeTV and using a Jax zip code.  I think it would actually be cheaper.

Problem is, I watch my 'regular TV' on YouTube TV.  But...I could always sign up for Hulu for a couple of months.

(05-10-2021, 09:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Can you buy the online version of directv's nfl sunday ticket?  I know they have some restrictions depending on where you live but not sure how strict they adhere to their policy.  I know someone who could get directv (has clear line of sight) but claimed they didnt and was able to sign up for sundy ticket.

Actually what I've been considering just signing up for YoutubeTV and using a Jax zip code.  I think it would actually be cheaper.

Problem is, I watch my 'regular TV' on YouTube TV.  But...I could always sign up for Hulu for a couple of months.

Keep in mind you would still have to spoof your phone's GPS every once in a while to "confirm" you're in Jacksonville.

wow I didn't realize it was so tough to get them!

So Hulu TV won't get me the games?

I may need to push back on my wife about giving up Dish Network and going with DirectTV.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

There are streaming options online. I usually use a few reliable websites I stream from. NFLbite.com is one
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-10-2021, 09:38 PM)d4rkman Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Actually what I've been considering just signing up for YoutubeTV and using a Jax zip code.  I think it would actually be cheaper.

Keep in mind you would still have to spoof your phone's GPS every once in a while to "confirm" you're in Jacksonville.

I've had a 904 area code forever.  No reason to change with a cell phone.

(05-10-2021, 10:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:38 PM)d4rkman Wrote: Keep in mind you would still have to spoof your phone's GPS every once in a while to "confirm" you're in Jacksonville.

I've had a 904 area code forever.  No reason to change with a cell phone.

Youtube TV doesn't go off of area code, they make you log in from a mobile device with your GPS activated every so often to verify you're actually where you say you are. It's not the most difficult thing to do, but I wanted to give everyone who's not tech savvy a heads up that's it's not as simple as just signing up from Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(05-10-2021, 10:06 PM)d4rkman Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I've had a 904 area code forever.  No reason to change with a cell phone.

Youtube TV doesn't go off of area code, they make you log in from a mobile device with your GPS activated every so often to verify you're actually where you say you are. It's not the most difficult thing to do, but I wanted to give everyone who's not tech savvy a heads up that's it's not as simple as just signing up from Jax.

I've never had to do anything like that and I've been watching YouTubeTV for at least two years.

Oh, and I've been in IT for 40 years.

(05-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I live in Dallas, Texas, and here in the land of the 4" belt buckle we don't get many Jags games. 

I use DirecTV... NFL package...I never miss a game

(05-10-2021, 10:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:06 PM)d4rkman Wrote: Youtube TV doesn't go off of area code, they make you log in from a mobile device with your GPS activated every so often to verify you're actually where you say you are. It's not the most difficult thing to do, but I wanted to give everyone who's not tech savvy a heads up that's it's not as simple as just signing up from Jax.

I've never had to do anything like that and I've been watching YouTubeTV for at least two years.

Awesome, glad they don't make you do that. They make me do it for all my non-mobile devices (smart TVs) every 2 months. With that being said, I never use a mobile device so I think if you watch from a mobile device that will count as your "check in".

(05-10-2021, 10:22 PM)d4rkman Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I've never had to do anything like that and I've been watching YouTubeTV for at least two years.

Awesome, glad they don't make you do that. They make me do it for all my non-mobile devices (smart TVs) every 2 months. With that being said, I never use a mobile device so I think if you watch from a mobile device that will count as your "check in".

Only on TVs.  Never on my phone.  And I've never had to do any kind on check in.  Here or Jax.

(05-10-2021, 10:26 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:22 PM)d4rkman Wrote: Awesome, glad they don't make you do that. They make me do it for all my non-mobile devices (smart TVs) every 2 months. With that being said, I never use a mobile device so I think if you watch from a mobile device that will count as your "check in".

Only on TVs.  Never on my phone.  And I've never had to do any kind on check in.  Here or Jax.

Weird haha, well count your blessings!

Better question is how didmyou become a jags fan in the big D. We need the backstory. Inquiring minds want to know.

We are glad to have you however it happened.

If you google nfl streams, you can find any game you want. Not that I would ever do such a thing.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yes. the best way to watch is from very very far away using a telescope so they look like ants and you can squint at the score and presume they are winning...

(05-10-2021, 09:58 PM)Sibelius Wrote: wow I didn't realize it was so tough to get them!

So Hulu TV won't get me the games?

I may need to push back on my wife about giving up Dish Network and going with DirectTV.

Be prepared to pay out the nose. I just got rid of DirecTV. It was way too expensive. I had a basic, no extras package and no NFL Sunday Ticket. It was $149 a month. I went to Youtube TV and I get even more channels than I had, for only $68 a month.

And here I was gonna say binoculars..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I live in Texas too and I just got the NFL Sunday ticket online version