Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars transition to zone defnese has made a dramatic difference!

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 06:11 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(11-09-2021, 04:50 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Better late than never.  Also it's hard to just flip a switch and turn over night.  Players have been practicing man to man the majority of camp.  It takes time to transition to a zone team in the mist of a season.

A defense allowing 24 points a game and 229 yards is Superbowl caliber defense.  The offensive hasn't gotten much of anything going the past couple of weeks.  As I said, the out west game was a mulligan anyway.

Good grief, dude...  In this case, the defense allowed Geno Freaking Smith to look like Joe Montana.  This game was over before it even got started thanks to the defense.

The offense scored 7 points and that was late into the forth quarter.   How can you blame the defense for that?

The offense has scored a total of 16 points in 2 weeks.  Please tell me how that is on the defense.

(11-09-2021, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: MVP wishes he were that lucky lady in the bar in Ohio.  Unfortunately he has Jag88 to compete with.

I don't know who you are but every chance you get you take a shot at me.  Ask your mom about the lady at the bar with Urban.   Since you add zero to the conversation of football, join Kane and Mikey on the ignore list.  You 3 are trolls who almost never discuss fooball just insults.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Over the last 3 games the defense is 1st in Rush EPA, and 15th in Pass EPA. 

A world of improvement from where they started the season.

(11-09-2021, 09:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Over the last 3 games the defense is 1st in Rush EPA, and 15th in Pass EPA. 

This defense is starting to morph into a playoff caliber defense.  They have to keep the momentum going but the adjustments seems to be working.

This offense is bad, I mean really bad.  Qb is not playing great, Best player in Robinson hurt, Receivers are lackluster.  Offense has a long ways to go to catch up.

(11-10-2021, 12:30 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 09:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Over the last 3 games the defense is 1st in Rush EPA, and 15th in Pass EPA. 

This defense is starting to morph into a playoff caliber defense.  They have to keep the momentum going but the adjustments seems to be working.

This offense is bad, I mean really bad.  Qb is not playing great, Best player in Robinson hurt, Receivers are lackluster.  Offense has a long ways to go to catch up.

I'm not sure how much they intended this but the team is progressing in an old school way. They can run and stop the run. The QB is in place. 

Now they just need to find some speedy athletes on both sides.

All that off of one game? This D is last in the League even after last game, morphing into a playoffs unit is not really accurate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2021, 07:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All that off of one game? This D is last in the League even after  last game, morphing into a playoffs unit is not really accurate.

As a fan base, we are so starved for good football that we manufacture talking points. I enjoyed watching the disruption but the Bills imploded.

If they play well and get on a roll, okay let's talk more.The offense is out of sync, Trevor is in a bit of a rut and we continue to see too many drops and penalties.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-10-2021, 07:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All that off of one game? This D is last in the League even after  last game, morphing into a playoffs unit is not really accurate.

Stop making crap up. Show me one stat where this team is last in the league. Typical duval pride crap. When you have nothing, just make it up!

(11-09-2021, 06:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 04:50 PM)scottyg Wrote: Good grief, dude...  In this case, the defense allowed Geno Freaking Smith to look like Joe Montana.  This game was over before it even got started thanks to the defense.

The offense scored 7 points and that was late into the forth quarter.   How can you blame the defense for that?

The offense has scored a total of 16 points in 2 weeks.  Please tell me how that is on the defense.

(11-09-2021, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: MVP wishes he were that lucky lady in the bar in Ohio.  Unfortunately he has Jag88 to compete with.

I don't know who you are but every chance you get you take a shot at me.  Ask your mom about the lady at the bar with Urban.   Since you add zero to the conversation of football, join Kane and Mikey on the ignore list.  You 3 are trolls who almost never discuss fooball just insults.

gooble gobble
ONE OF US

Welcome to the sideshow, Kick!

Wow. I just came in here minding my own business and noticed I caught a stray disrespectful shot to my lower ball sack. Actually coach urban isn't my type. Why dont you stick to being negative about the jags and away from the "funny" insults

Wow I would have never guessed that.

(11-10-2021, 08:28 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Stop making crap up. Show me one stat where this team is last in the league. Typical duval pride crap. When you have nothing, just make it up!

You're right, they're second to last in passing yards allowed and completion percentage, 8th in rush yards allowed and 3rd in YPC (good) but tied near the bottom with 10 rushing TDs allowed. Bottome of the barrel in forcing turnovers. In total they're in the lower 20s in the League this week while before last week's miracle they were 32nd in the League in total defense. So...yay?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2021, 11:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 08:28 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Stop making crap up. Show me one stat where this team is last in the league. Typical duval pride crap. When you have nothing, just make it up!

You're right, they're second to last in passing yards allowed and completion percentage, 8th in rush yards allowed and 3rd in YPC (good) but tied near the bottom with 10 rushing TDs allowed. Bottome of the barrel in forcing turnovers. In total they're in the lower 20s in the League this week while before last week's miracle they were 32nd in the League in total defense. So...yay?

I am not denying the defense has been horrendous.  What I am saying is they have been much improved over the last several weeks with the adjustments they have made.   We will know either way in the next several weeks.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 02:15 AM by Kane.)

For context though... Tua, Geno, and Rookie Josh Allen back from the future. And run d had been solid all year.

(11-10-2021, 08:28 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Luckily the Lions and tinhorns are still hanging round.
Oh and whatever KC is doing. Only reason they have any wins is because Mahomes, and he's playing like crap for Mahomes standards.

Stats don't tell the whole take though. We're still not good until we're good

(11-11-2021, 05:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...Iam4w&s=19

It's crazy they can look how they looked vs Seattle - then turn around and look like that! ^

(11-11-2021, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 05:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...Iam4w&s=19

It's crazy they can look how they looked vs Seattle - then turn around and look like that! ^

Maybe our players and staff needed that [BLEEP] kicking by Geno Smith and Co to get their gears going.

Let's hope this positive change actually sticks week in and week out - and wasn't just a temporary blip.

I fear we are going to realize it was mostly a Bills overlooking us/players extra hyped to prove we had the better Josh Allen plus random variance where it's not that rare for bad defenses to have good weeks type of thing. I still think our defense is overall bad to very bad.

(11-11-2021, 06:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I fear we are going to realize it was mostly a Bills overlooking us/players extra hyped to prove we had the better Josh Allen plus random variance where it's not that rare for bad defenses to have good weeks type of thing. I still think our defense is overall bad to very bad.

There are pieces here and there on the defense but the secondary remains suspect. The Bills imploded with dropped passes, penalties, drive killing sacks and turnovers.  Sometimes that can be the defense enforcing their will but I need to see more. I love this team it would be great if Tavan Bryan has a roll and can execute as part of a better defense.  That would be great.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-10-2021, 09:33 AM)Jag88 Wrote:

Wow. I just came in here minding my own business and noticed I caught a stray disrespectful shot to my lower ball sack. Actually coach urban isn't my type. Why dont you stick to being negative about the jags and away from the "funny" insults
It sucks that this is what this place has become. Everyone will tell you how justified their cynical [BLEEP] is because they bought tickets to a losing team(we all did but we aren’t all crotchety [BLEEP] to anyone with a positive apposing view).

It honestly becomes a little deflating coming to read this place. Which sucks because I enjoyed this board for quite some time but it’s getting [BLEEP] old. 

Don’t let the cheap shots run you off. That’s all a lot of these guys do now.

The Jags should make JC Jackson priority number 1 in Free Agency and then they could run more man like Urban wants.