Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TE prospects

(01-04-2022, 09:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 09:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look at the post above, I aready said Schultz was a better blocker lol.  Thats why I want to draft McBride because hes a good receiver, blocker, and a beast to bring down.  Id rather use that lots of money that you want to pay Schultz at WR\oline\ or edge
The Jags have a ton of money to pay Schultz, WRs, OLine help and then draft Thibs for the edge.

Win win win

Ok, i mean he wouldnt be first on my list but if they just want to splurge to the cap then go for it.  I really like McMride though and i think his build and style is something different thats not in the league right now at TE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like McBride fine, but you're probably having to take him at 33 if you want him. I ain't doing that.

(01-04-2022, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote: I like McBride fine, but you're probably having to take him at 33 if you want him. I ain't doing that.

As much as i like him I wouldnt take him at 33.  Id take him at the top of the 3rd or like i said maybe even move up from the 3rd to the 2nd to grab him

McBride is interesting depending on where you look around the scouting and mock communities. Some places have him going to Tennessee at the bottom of RD1. Some places have him graded as a 3rd - 5th RD prospect and he's barely inside their top 10 at the position.

A lot of it's going to boil down to the combine, pro day, senior bowl and all-star game.

I honestly like Charlie Kolar the most out of this group. Jake Ferguson would be my 2nd favorite from this group. Followed by Wydermyer and then McBride. Calcaterra is also somebody I like. Out of SMU. Could be a solid 3rd day option.

I wanted Harrison Bryant out of Florida Atlantic a few years back. He's been alright with Cleveland but they have a lot of issues in the passing game with Mayfield's inconsistencies and their preference to run the football. I think Likely out of Coastal is a similar prospect. Could be an ideal compliment to Arnold.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Another really good TE prospect declared for the draft today, Greg Dulcich of UCLA. He has decent size at 6'4" 260 and was very productive catching the football from a bad QB. He had 725 receiving yards this season with 5 TDs and averaged an amazing 17.3 ypc. As a UCLA fan, I really wasn't expecting him to enter the draft, but he would be a very good option for us in the middle rounds.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:38 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm kinda leaning toward McBride at 33 if we stay there and the WRs we really like are gone. What a luxury it is to have a difference maker at TE like a Kittle and Kelce, and I think McBride has the best chance to be the next guy. McBride and Arnold could be a very nice TE combo, 2 totally different style TEs as well.

I'm kinda thinking Olave might be there at 33. If so I take Olave at 33 and then trade up with our 2 3rds to take McBride

(01-24-2022, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda leaning toward McBride at 33 if we stay there and the WRs we really like are gone.  What a luxury it is to have a difference maker at TE like a Kittle and Kelce, and I think McBride has the best chance to be the next guy.  McBride and Arnold could be a very nice TE combo, 2 totally different style TEs as well.

I'm kinda thinking Olave might be there at 33.  If so I take Olave at 33 and then trade up with our 2 3rds to take McBride

I'd be fine with taking McBride at #33. He may be better than the WR's left at that point. 

I'd be shocked if Olave is there at #33, but if he is, I'd run to the podium and draft him without even having to think about it. It would almost be a perfect scenario, IMO.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:57 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2022, 10:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda leaning toward McBride at 33 if we stay there and the WRs we really like are gone.  What a luxury it is to have a difference maker at TE like a Kittle and Kelce, and I think McBride has the best chance to be the next guy.  McBride and Arnold could be a very nice TE combo, 2 totally different style TEs as well.

I'm kinda thinking Olave might be there at 33.  If so I take Olave at 33 and then trade up with our 2 3rds to take McBride

I'd be fine with taking McBride at #33. He may be better than the WR's left at that point. 

I'd be shocked if Olave is there at #33, but if he is, I'd run to the podium and draft him without even having to think about it. It would almost be a perfect scenario, IMO.

I'd rather Dotson but I really like Olave too. I think Dotson goes before Olave

(01-24-2022, 10:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 10:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd be fine with taking McBride at #33. He may be better than the WR's left at that point. 

I'd rather Dotson but I really like Olave too.  I think Dotson goes before Olave

I have Olave taken before Dotson, but I think they both go in round 1.