Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TE prospects

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:36 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trey McBride is an interesting TE prospect I really like.  Dude is a little shorter than i like my TEs but he is big, a great blocker and great after the catch and hard to bring down, not sure ive ever seen a TE as physical as this guy but i think hes exactly what we need.  Hes like a huge RB when he running with the ball I wounder if he will be available in the 3rd or 4th.  Maybe my favorite TE

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-yor...-nfl-draft

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

McBride, Kolar, Wydermyer, Ferguson are players I hope they target. Might be able to trade back or back up to get one of them.

I am still hopeful on Arnold. They need a guy to pair with him. Calcaterra, Dulcich and Likely are good options to look into on day three as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:45 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: McBride, Kolar, Wydermyer, Ferguson are players I hope they target. Might be able to trade back or back up to get one of them.

I am still hopeful on Arnold. They need a guy to pair with him. Calcaterra, Dulcich and Likely are good options to look into on day three as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dont know if McBride will be the 1st TE taken in the class but he just looks like a different breed than the rest imo.  Dude is a beast, TE is like the WR position in the draft.  Great ones always fall and he would be the perfect TE with Arnold being how good of a blocker he is but hes also a good WR and a tank.  Im thinking the 3rd might be the sweet spot for McBride if he makes it there. One right up on him said hes a better blocker than Hockenson and thats saying something.

Heres some clips of the this years Mackey Award winner

https://youtu.be/o5K7wy-0WXo

Wish we could just draft Brock Bowers early.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-04-2022, 02:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trey McBride is an interesting TE prospect I really like.  Dude is a little shorter than i like my TEs but he is big, a great blocker and great after the catch and hard to bring down, not sure ive ever seen a TE as physical as this guy but i think hes exactly what we need.  Hes like a huge RB when he running with the ball I wounder if he will be available in the 3rd or 4th.  Maybe my favorite TE

McBride is not that small at 6'4" 260 lbs. Personally, he is my #1 TE and I don't see any way he gets out of the 2nd round. He and Jalen Wydermeyer should be the top 2 TE's off the board, but this is a very deep TE class. My second favorite TE is Isaiah Likely of Coastal Carolina. He's built more like an oversized WR and he plays like a WR as well. Like McBride, he has excellent hands and can make big plays from the TE position. 

I also really like Charlie Kolar of Iowa State, Derrick Deese of San Jose State, Cole Turner of Nevada, Jelani Woods of Virginia and Lucas Krull of Pitt. It would be a crime to come out of this draft without grabbing a TE from this class.

(01-04-2022, 02:52 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Wish we could just draft Brock Bowers early.

That dude is gonna be a beast.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:03 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-04-2022, 02:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trey McBride is an interesting TE prospect I really like.  Dude is a little shorter than i like my TEs but he is big, a great blocker and great after the catch and hard to bring down, not sure ive ever seen a TE as physical as this guy but i think hes exactly what we need.  Hes like a huge RB when he running with the ball I wounder if he will be available in the 3rd or 4th.  Maybe my favorite TE

McBride is not that small at 6'4" 260 lbs. Personally, he is my #1 TE and I don't see any way he gets out of the 2nd round. He and Jalen Wydermeyer should be the top 2 TE's off the board, but this is a very deep TE class. My second favorite TE is Isaiah Likely of Coastal Carolina. He's built more like an oversized WR and he plays like a WR as well. Like McBride, he has excellent hands and can make big plays from the TE position. 

I also really like Charlie Kolar of Iowa State, Derrick Deese of San Jose State, Cole Turner of Nevada, Jelani Woods of Virginia and Lucas Krull of Pitt. It would be a crime to come out of this draft without grabbing a TE from this class.

(01-04-2022, 02:52 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Wish we could just draft Brock Bowers early.

I didn't say he was small lol, he's 260 and a tank.  I said he's a little shorter than I usually like my TE but he makes up for the height in every other aspect. There is def. a way he makes it to the 1st pick in The 3rd round, TEs and WRs fall every year from where they really should go.

(01-04-2022, 03:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: McBride is not that small at 6'4" 260 lbs. Personally, he is my #1 TE and I don't see any way he gets out of the 2nd round. He and Jalen Wydermeyer should be the top 2 TE's off the board, but this is a very deep TE class. My second favorite TE is Isaiah Likely of Coastal Carolina. He's built more like an oversized WR and he plays like a WR as well. Like McBride, he has excellent hands and can make big plays from the TE position. 

I didn't say he was small, he's 260 and a tank.  I said he's a little shorter than I usually like my TE but he makes up for the height in everywhere aspect.

6'4" really isn't that short for a TE though. Hockenson and Kelce are only 1 inch taller. McBride is like adding another receiver. His ability to find openings in the secondary and make big catches trump any kind of size difference, imo. Give me a great route running, athletic TE any day over a 6'7" hulking TE with slower feet.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'm not as high on this TE class as you are.  Wydermeyer before this season most thought he was going to be TE1 but he didn't impresss me and Kolar is decent

(01-04-2022, 03:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not as high on this TE class as you are.  Wydermeyer before this season most thought he was going to be TE1 but he didn't impresss me and Kolar is decent

I don't like Wydermeyer. I just think he will be the #1 or #2 taken, but I wouldn't draft him. I am high on Kolar though. He just seems to find openings in the middle of the field and has great hands. He's not gonna make a ton of long plays, but he's the type that will keep the chains moving.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:30 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-04-2022, 03:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 03:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not as high on this TE class as you are.  Wydermeyer before this season most thought he was going to be TE1 but he didn't impresss me and Kolar is decent

I don't like Wydermeyer. I just think he will be the #1 or #2 taken, but I wouldn't draft him. I am high on Kolar though. He just seems to find openings in the middle of the field and has great hands. He's not gonna make a ton of long plays, but he's the type that will keep the chains moving.
Give me McBride, I can't think of a TE quite like him. I think his toughness could rub off on a few guys

Michael Mayer as well.  It will be interesting to see which one of these gets drafted first.  In 2 years might just be the deepest TE class in recent memory because you know there will be a guy or 2 that will come out of nowhere like every other year

It's a deep TE class, but they're still such crapshoots I'd rather just pay an already good one in FA. Pay Schultz and forget about the position for half a decade.

(01-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Upper Wrote: It's a deep TE class, but they're still such crapshoots I'd rather just pay an already good one in FA. Pay Schultz and forget about the position for half a decade.

I like Schultz. However, Rico made a good point in a different thread about him. Is it him or just the fact that Cooper and Lamb are eating up a ton of coverage? They're also really balanced there in Dallas with the running game. If Kellen Moore was hired I would be ALL for him and Gallup coming over for sure though. 

I still think Dan Arnold is very promising. I don't see them bailing on him after trading for him last year. They gave up essentially a former 9th overall selection for him. They had something long term envisioned between him and Lawrence. So, finding a viable compliment to maybe get a solid TE tandem going with Arnold would be awesome. 

You may not need to spend big on somebody like Schultz if you already have Arnold in that slot, you can then in turn invest in a low risk/high reward talent to compliment him in the draft. Use that money elsewhere in free agency to add another WR, where they're clearly hurting the most at position wise or bolster the LT or RT position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-04-2022, 04:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You may not need to spend big on somebody like Schultz if you already have Arnold in that slot, you can then in turn invest in a low risk/high reward talent to compliment him in the draft. Use that money elsewhere in free agency to add another WR, where they're clearly hurting the most at position wise or bolster the LT or RT position.

I think it's going to be near impossible for us to spend all of our money with how hard it's gonna be to draw FA here and our lack of home grown players that will need extensions. Schultz won't be as good of a receiver here as he was in Dallas, but he is above average as both a receiver and a blocker and has proven that he can thrive alongside another TE when he and Jarwin were killing teams before Jarwin got hurt. If he'll consider us I'm going hard for him. Then again, I'm going hard for any above average FA that will consider us lol.

(01-04-2022, 04:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Upper Wrote: It's a deep TE class, but they're still such crapshoots I'd rather just pay an already good one in FA. Pay Schultz and forget about the position for half a decade.

I like Schultz. However, Rico made a good point in a different thread about him. Is it him or just the fact that Cooper and Lamb are eating up a ton of coverage? They're also really balanced there in Dallas with the running game. If Kellen Moore was hired I would be ALL for him and Gallup coming over for sure though. 

I still think Dan Arnold is very promising. I don't see them bailing on him after trading for him last year. They gave up essentially a former 9th overall selection for him. They had something long term envisioned between him and Lawrence. So, finding a viable compliment to maybe get a solid TE tandem going with Arnold would be awesome. 

You may not need to spend big on somebody like Schultz if you already have Arnold in that slot, you can then in turn invest in a low risk/high reward talent to compliment him in the draft. Use that money elsewhere in free agency to add another WR, where they're clearly hurting the most at position wise or bolster the LT or RT position.

Agreed 100%  I'd rather draft McBride who has a higher ceiling imo and use that money on another position like oline or LB, like Campbell, or even throw it towards WR like you said.  Schultz won't be as good here and I don't think hes better than Arnold to throw all that money.  We will likely want to resign Arnold before next year is up

Lmao Schultz is so much better than Arnold.

(01-04-2022, 05:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao Schultz is so much better than Arnold.

Much better?  Naw.  Better blocker? Yeah  When Trev and Arnold starting getting a connection he was averaging about 60 yrds a game which would be about 1000 yards with no fear from other WRs to draw the defense or pull the safety.  I could easily see Arnold getting 1000 yards receiving next year when we get a couple weapons on the outside and when him and Trevor have a whole offseason to work together.

Arnold also had two critical drops and/or penalties a game. He was as much of a negative as he was a positive. Here are a few things that the Cowboys can pull off because Schultz is a really good and mobile blocker that simply can't be in your playbook if Arnold is your TE1.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/147...2470564864

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 07:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Arnold also had two critical drops and/or penalties a game. He was as much of a negative as he was a positive. Here are a few things that the Cowboys can pull off because Schultz is a really good and mobile blocker that simply can't be in your playbook if Arnold is your TE1.

Look at the post above, I aready said Schultz was a better blocker lol. Thats why I want to draft McBride because hes a good receiver, blocker, and a beast to bring down.  Id rather use that lots of money that you want to pay Schultz at WR\oline\ or edge

(01-04-2022, 09:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 07:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Arnold also had two critical drops and/or penalties a game. He was as much of a negative as he was a positive. Here are a few things that the Cowboys can pull off because Schultz is a really good and mobile blocker that simply can't be in your playbook if Arnold is your TE1.

Look at the post above, I aready said Schultz was a better blocker lol.  Thats why I want to draft McBride because hes a good receiver, blocker, and a beast to bring down.  Id rather use that lots of money that you want to pay Schultz at WR\oline\ or edge
The Jags have a ton of money to pay Schultz, WRs, OLine help and then draft Thibs for the edge.

Win win win