Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This team showed me something today that I haven't seen in years

Quote:They quit the last 90 seconds of the first half
ya thanks to that pass interference that they gave them to keep the drive alive. So i respectively disagree

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That wasn't an easy td. That was an MVP QB going down the field and making a remarkable play for the td. Yeah we wanna be stingier, but when you're playing Aaron Rodgers he's gonna get his.
Looked pretty easy. 5 plays 75 yards and a Devon House blunder and bam...points. In fact that was the easiest TD they scored the whole game.

I saw a decent secondary for the first time in years.   So, there's that....

Quote:You know, this team really showed a lot of "heart" in its game against Green Bay (plus the refs). Most of the past teams would've just thrown in the towel and quit by the end of the first half, but this team is different-the defense wasn't afraid to challenge Aaron Rodgers and the offense put us in position a few times to come away with a win. The Packers are probably Super Bowl bound, but this team isn't far behind. We got our one loss of the season out of the way against arguably the best team in the NFL, now let's go 15-1.

The team played well but let's go go overboard with the praise of the packers, they didn't look THAT good.

Quote:I saw a decent secondary for the first time in years. So, there's that....

Ramsey locked his man down.

Ramsey and Prince make a nice duo. I know House is better than he showed today. It is easy to be excited about the pass defense.

Quote:Looked pretty easy. 5 plays 75 yards and a Devon House blunder and bam...points. In fact that was the easiest TD they scored the whole game.

a big chuck of those yards came on a gigantic suspect penalty and the other was one the better throws I think I have ever seen especially with Ramsey getting a piece of his arm.  Reminded me of Big Ben completing a pass a few years ago with our end draped all over his body except for his throwing arm.  

Davante Adams dropped passes all year last year and he manages to make that play.  The football gods, and the mortal referees were not on our side today but the team almost stole one anyway.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Last season was just a bad year for Green Bay receivers, mostly because of injuries (especially Jordy Nelson's ACL). I knew Devante Adams would have a good day in Jacksonville if we don't play our best defense since 2007.

Im probably crazy but it seemed like wen the interior rush was workin the outside wasnt n vice versa only one guy was winnin a play an arod was just slidin on em the team showed today that evenon a bad day we can hang with the best just need to take control

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 02:25 PM by Rashean27Mathis.)

Seemed like we went punch-for-punch with the packers. I really believed they would have run out of gas near the end. Let's lick our wounds and move on.

More sports metaphors? Nah.

Quote:I saw a decent secondary for the first time in years.   So, there's that....

I agree.

We certainly challenged them each step of the way.

Everyone is disappointed in the loss, but those who predicted this to be a blowout have to be encouraged by what they saw.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:We believe, we believe in victory! Even though we don't win, we believe in it!
We don't accept defeat ,we don't accept defeat.

Quote:We don't accept defeat ,we don't accept defeat.

But we are always defeated lol.

Why did anyone expect this to be a blowout?  Do you think this Packer team is that good?  I don't think Green Bay is a slouch but I don't think this Green Bay team is a Super Bowl contender as they were in years past.  

Quote:a big chuck of those yards came on a gigantic suspect penalty and the other was one the better throws I think I have ever seen especially with Ramsey getting a piece of his arm.  Reminded me of Big Ben completing a pass a few years ago with our end draped all over his body except for his throwing arm.  

Davante Adams dropped passes all year last year and he manages to make that play.  The football gods, and the mortal referees were not on our side today but the team almost stole one anyway.
You're right about that

The Jags were in it all four quarters.....not like last year getting blown out after three and garbage time in the fourth.

Very refreshing to be battling to the end.

On to the chargers... :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:The Jags were in it all four quarters.....not like last year getting blown out after three and garbage time in the fourth.

Very refreshing to be battling to the end.

On to the chargers... :thumbsup:

But.....but....Blake is a garbage time stat player.

They had, what, a 16 play scoring drive? And the offense answered, and then the defense got a three and out to give us a shot to win the game. That was a different team yesterday. Very proud of the guys. Lot of work to do, but at this rate of improvement, this should be a fun season and the rebirth of the Cardiac Cats.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:this should be a fun season and the rebirth of the Cardiac Cats.
QFT.

I'm out of market and can't watch the games so I was following on here and the comments from everyone had me thinking I was going to have a heart attack. Nail. Biter. I remember the Cardiac Cats from back in the day and it could be so fun to watch....even though I'm pretty sure they contributed to some of my grey hair.

Quote:But.....but....Blake is a garbage time stat player.

Lol... No doubt.

320 yards and a TD Vs one of the better teams in the league