Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This team showed me something today that I haven't seen in years

You know, this team really showed a lot of "heart" in its game against Green Bay (plus the refs). Most of the past teams would've just thrown in the towel and quit by the end of the first half, but this team is different-the defense wasn't afraid to challenge Aaron Rodgers and the offense put us in position a few times to come away with a win. The Packers are probably Super Bowl bound, but this team isn't far behind. We got our one loss of the season out of the way against arguably the best team in the NFL, now let's go 15-1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They quit the last 90 seconds of the first half

They did give me hope.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I thought this team was prepared coming into the game. Probably would of been more prepared if Ivory played. But I saw this team improved from last season and they are only going to get better once they build that chemistry. Holding Aaron Rodgers under 300 yds is pretty good. I have some question marks about the pass interference calls on Arob and the d line getting held and no holding calls were made. There was a play where Ngakoue saw Aaron running out of the pocket and as he was going to chase him the LT shoves him from behind and he falls to the ground face first Isn't that clipping or some kind of holding?

Gus is that you?

I liked the fact that they "went for it" on the 4th down, when it weas 4th down and <5. In previous years they would always punt and rarely "go for it".

I thought everyone played good except the pass rush. This talk about house and Cyprien need to get bench is bull crap. When Rodgers has all day to throw. Your secondary is going to get beat. Expecially by a elite quarterback. I know the the pass rush will get better. They need to to get the chemistry. One player on defense that really stood out was telvin smith. I didn't really notice posluszny. Not that he didn't have a good game but usually MLB show up in games

This team showed me something I HAVE seen in years.

Quote:They quit the last 90 seconds of the first half

They did not. Kneeling down to run out the clock is what Aaron Rodgers would have done.

Well, as long as they are playing with heart.

Quote:They did not. Kneeling down to run out the clock is what Aaron Rodgers would have done.
Yeah oh wait except Aaron Rodgers led the team down the field for an easy TD

We believe, we believe in victory! Even though we don't win, we believe in it!

Quote:I liked the fact that they "went for it" on the 4th down, when it weas 4th down and <5. In previous years they would always punt and rarely "go for it".

That was out of necessity. Time left on the clock and having no timeouts dictated keeping the drive alive.

Quote:Yeah oh wait except Aaron Rodgers led the team down the field for an easy TD

It took a lot more than 90 seconds.

As depressing as the loss is, I am optimistic about the season. Most predictions were a close game. And it was. I'm not any happier about the outcome as you guys, but it was nice watching them play a very good team and not thinking "there's no chance to win". I won't lie, I was thinking, " how would they screw it up". But I never thought they were out of the game.

Quote:As depressing as the loss is, I am optimistic about the season. Most predictions were a close game. And it was. I'm not any happier about the outcome as you guys, but it was nice watching them play a very good team and not thinking "there's no chance to win". I won't lie, I was thinking, " how would they screw it up". But I never thought they were out of the game.

We actually had a chance to win. That would have been a big upset in the minds of most NFL fans, of course. I also was happy to see a close game instead of a blowout.

Quote:You know, this team really showed a lot of "heart" in its game against Green Bay (plus the refs). Most of the past teams would've just thrown in the towel and quit by the end of the first half, but this team is different-the defense wasn't afraid to challenge Aaron Rodgers and the offense put us in position a few times to come away with a win. The Packers are probably Super Bowl bound, but this team isn't far behind. We got our one loss of the season out of the way against arguably the best team in the NFL, now let's go 15-1.
The Packers will be riding the wave, that is generated by the NFL and its referees, all the way to the playoffs. 

We played a hell of a game regardless. Let's hope we don't get shafted out of any other wins this season.

The boys look promising. REFS DON"T! I think they were confused on which team was doing the interfering.  Punter was very good, DB's held good coverage. Bortles had a brain fart wasting 15 sec before the 2 min warning. He did the same crap last year. Speaking of pass rush or blitz it's hard to sack a QB on a blitz when you're 15 yards back from the ball. C'mon man you got to do better than that. I wonder if the same Refs are going to SD. One question I have is why don't we call a timeout when the other team get momentum but will call a timeout when we get momentum ourselves. Still a believer for the year. Houston has the lead in the division now .

Quote:Yeah oh wait except Aaron Rodgers led the team down the field for an easy TD
That wasn't an easy td. That was an MVP QB going down the field and making a remarkable play for the td. Yeah we wanna be stingier, but when you're playing Aaron Rodgers he's gonna get his.

As Jags fans,, we've been conditioned to see blowouts. There have been more than enough of those the past few seasons (where the Jags looked like a "JV" team as compared to the competition).

They've finally improved. But, the fact of the matter is that most NFL games are usually pretty close affairs. Blowouts aren't as common as we think they are. Look around week 1 today. There was close game after close game.

The Packers were in very close games a lot last season (how many hail marys did they need last year,, and against the Lions?). We shouldn't have expected to get "blown out" by the Pack. They haven't been blowing out teams in a while.

This game showed me that Jax is finally back to being legitimate NFL competition. If they win a lot of games or not? Idk, maybe not. Look at the horrible Ravens' record last year. Even though they lost alot,, most of their games were very close and decided by just a few points.

Eventually, these close games will start turning into more wins.