Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is the effort we needed to see

Quote:This team is primed for a huge year next year with a big coaching hire. This team is talented and should be a hot spot for coaching candidates.

Lol...next year already?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They played well overall. Still need a pass rush. That interception at the opening possession really shifted the momentum too.

I understand we held them under 200 yards passing, but if that's what you aspire to then you can be satisfied. Not me.

I aspire to winning.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:This team is primed for a huge year next year with a big coaching hire. This team is talented and should be a hot spot for coaching candidates.
Next year, next year, next year, next year, next year, next year, next year.

If the team plays with the effort that they played with today, it's not hard to envision a better than .500 season..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Lol...next year already?

I'm not saying this year is over already I'm saying I think this team has a low ceiling with the coaching we have. I don't like this defensive system and I am not a fan of our OC. I think we can do better and have the talent to do better. I don't think Gus can take this team where it needs to go. I had optimism this offseason but I just don't see it.

Quote:We held a top tier QB under 200 yards passing, when was the last time that happened

Tight coverage all day, Arod earned all of those yards with pinpoint accuracy in tight coverage.

Quote:Don't forget the NFL and their little henchmen Refs.

$$$ talks.

the interference calls were some serious bs, the bomb before halftime and the one on Cyprien where he is looking at the ball were the worst.  The two non calls on the Robinson tackles as he went for the catch were ridiculous, towards the end of the game the calls weren't as one sided but GB had far more favorable calls/ non calls.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I understand we held them under 200 yards passing, but if that's what you aspire to then you can be satisfied. Not me.

I aspire to winning.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
I guess I will chalk this post up you being disappointed in the loss, which is certainly understandable.. Every Jags fan aspires to winning as far as I know (not counting the the trolls,and you are definitely not that). I think what many are happy with is the effort, and with fighting tooth and claw to get a win. Do we have problems? Of course. Our D-line didn't get enough pressure, Our O'line could have done a better job in run blocking, Bortles screwed up with the timeouts. But I saw Bortles play a good game without any of the mindbogglingly stupid interceptions, I saw us come back again and again after adversity, and I saw Gus show some serious cojones with some of those fourth down calls. I too am disappointed with the loss, but I am satisfied with a great deal that happened in the game, and am hopeful for the season. 

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:I guess I will chalk this post up you being disappointed in the loss, which is certainly understandable.. Every Jags fan aspires to winning as far as I know (not counting the the trolls,and you are definitely not that). I think what many are happy with is the effort, and with fighting tooth and claw to get a win. Do we have problems? Of course. Our D-line didn't get enough pressure, Our O'line could have done a better job in run blocking, Bortles screwed up with the timeouts. But I saw Bortles play a good game without any of the mindbogglingly stupid interceptions, I saw us come back again and again after adversity, and I saw Gus show some serious cojones with some of those fourth down calls. I too am disappointed with the loss, but I am satisfied with a great deal that happened in the game, and am hopeful for the season. 
We are all disappointed in the loss but he doesn't realize that the game was GIVEN to GB by the refs. That was our game to win and the refs made sure that did not transpire.