Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of the job Gus Bradley is doing?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Official Post-Preseason Approval Poll

Quote:I don't think there's any denial he has done a great job building the roster. Which is why the media has hyped us up. Had nothing to do with Gus, who hasn't proven he can coach. We will see what Gus is made of in the first 4 weeks of the season.

You could easily say we've already seen Gus prove that he can't coach. Are this point it appears the hope is Dave's roster can carry him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Anything other than

No

Yes

Yes

Is a lie.

Thats how I voted, and it wasnt a debate.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:You could easily say we've already seen Gus prove that he can't coach. Are this point it appears the hope is Dave's roster can carry him.

You should change your name to seldom wrong. Just saying.

Quote:You could easily say we've already seen Gus prove that he can't coach. Are this point it appears the hope is Dave's roster can carry him.

This is true, but I still have hope that maybe he finally learned. To beat the packers, the team will have to play like they are well-coached. And really, even against San Diego and Indy , and especially Baltimore. I really hope this coaching staff has their crap together... Sullivan can't be the only good coach on the staff.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:This is true, but I still have hope that maybe he finally learned. To beat the packers, the team will have to play like they are well-coached. And really, even against San Diego and Indy , and especially Baltimore. I really hope this coaching staff has their crap together... Sullivan can't be the only good coach on the staff.

I don't think Sullivan is the only good coach on the staff, but having position coaches and coordinators that can figure out their players and strengths and try to make a scheme to play to them is still a level below what's needed in a great head coach, which is to coach their team of coaches and players up to meet the individual challenges they face each week.

I've posted the si article several times but it's still relevant to the conversation. Against O'Brien and the Texans Gus got pencil whipped, and that was in game 48, so inexperience can't be an excuse at this point.

Everything about Gus screams little league coach. He's the guy with a smile every kid loves playing for who just had his kids go out and play to have some fun knowing there is a pizza and ice cream party waiting afterwards win or lose. He's not the running drills and telling the parents to send the kid to bed without dinner because he's not paying attention and getting it right head coach, and I think a head coach needs to be more of the latter.

Here's the thing everyone. You keep saying the judgements out on Gus right now because he finally has talent. But he's been here for 4 years, and so far has a 12-36 record. Question: Would Bill Bill Belichick have the same record if he were head coach?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 11:17 AM by CSO14.)

Quote:Here's the thing everyone. You keep saying the judgements out on Gus right now because he finally has talent. But he's been here for 4 years, and so far has a 12-36 record. Question: Would Bill Bill Belichick have the same record if he were head coach?
No. Belichick would have 2 above .500 seasons at this point. If he were coaching this year, playoffs would be a shoe in and super bowl would be possibility.

BTW, when he has receivers like ours, 2007 happens.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 11:27 AM by pirkster.)

Quote:Dave approval rating is crazy high. It almost has me worried...

Especially since a + for him is a + for Gus.

Or should be, to those upset with Gus... should be a - as well.  His call.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Here's the thing everyone. You keep saying the judgements out on Gus right now because he finally has talent. But he's been here for 4 years, and so far has a 12-36 record. Question: Would Bill Bill Belichick have the same record if he were head coach?

He didn't when he didn't have Brady. I don't see Tom Brady on the Jaguars roster.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

No

Yes 

Wait and See.

Myers is gonna either put up or get released.  But you got to give him a chance to prove it or hang himself.  

Quote:No. Belichick would have 2 above .500 seasons at this point. If he were coaching this year, playoffs would be a shoe in and super bowl would be possibility.

BTW, when he has receivers like ours, 2007 happens.

Because the head coach makes players play better.   Rolleyes

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Because the head coach makes players play better. Rolleyes

I think he can scheme better and have the players more adequately prepared. But idk about 2 above .500 seasons.

The one thing absolutely clear here is that we have a good GM!

Quote:The one thing absolutely clear here is that we have a good GM!

I think everyone agrees with this.  I think the only bad draft he had was his first one, but the talent pool was not that good.  Both 1st and 2nd picks were/are a bust.

Quote:I think he can scheme better and have the players more adequately prepared. But idk about 2 above .500 seasons.

Me, either, but one thing is for sure, with a top tier coach the Jaguars would have won some games they "weren't supposed to win" by now. Under Gus they've never even won a game against a team that finished that season above .500.

I do think it's realistic that the Jaguars could have won more than 8 games in 2015 with great coaching. Most of succeeding on defense is preparation for the team you're facing, and defense has been the Jaguars weakest point under Bradley. With great coaching I'm sure the defense could have at least been mediocre to bad rather than the horrifically terrible we've seen since Gus arrived.

Corn

Pancakes

Waffles
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Every player on the Patriots plays like their life is on the line. 

Great coaches get the most out of their players. Look at Harbaugh, the 49ers were awful before he became the HC. Once he did, they were an automatic powerhouse.

Quote:Every player on the Patriots plays like their life is on the line.

Great coaches get the most out of their players. Look at Harbaugh, the 49ers were awful before he became the HC. Once he did, they were an automatic powerhouse.

And now they are terrible again. He seems pretty cozy in Michigan, but I'd love the Jags to bring him in, if Gus fails again.
No commercial messages in sigs

No. Yes. No.

Quote:And now they are terrible again. He seems pretty cozy in Michigan, but I'd love the Jags to bring him in, if Gus fails again.

No way he leaves that spot.