Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Presidential Debates During NFL Games?

Quote:Anyone know what game this falls on?

Falcons at Saints 9/26

Packers at Giants 10/9

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

“Well, I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump said. “It’s against two NFL games
I got a letter from the NFL saying,
‘This is ridiculous. Why are the debates against’ — ’cause the NFL doesn’t wanna go against the debates. ‘Cause the debates are gonna be pretty massive, from what I understand, OK?”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-be-moved/

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Hell, I would watch a rerun of friggin grass growing before one of their debates. I already know enough of the two of them that there is simply nothing any of those two people could say that would get me in the booth. Either of them will be an unmitigated disaster for our country. I imagine turnout will be historically low for both sides of the aisle.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Dems know they cannot win debates on fact.  So, they attempt to do what they always do.  Bury it where no one will watch.

Look, Donald is going to get owned.

Quote:Look, Donald is going to get owned.

Who created the myth Hillary is some great debater? She isn't Bill.

Quote:Dems know they cannot win debates on fact.  So, they attempt to do what they always do.  Bury it where no one will watch.

Are you intentionally ignoring the facts, at the same time chiding someone about facts? I mean since neither party picked the debate dates and all.

Not hyporcritical at all, but explains why you see good in the GOP candidate. Hypocrit is his middle name.

Quote:Who created the myth Hillary is some great debater? She isn't Bill.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Hillary is a great debater.  It's simply that Trump is historically bad.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Are you intentionally ignoring the facts, at the same time chiding someone about facts? I mean since neither party picked the debate dates and all.

Not hyporcritical at all, but explains why you see good in the GOP candidate. Hypocrit is his middle name.

At this stage its expected to actually have a plan. Being vague doesnt usually work.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 11:34 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Hillary is a great debater. It's simply that Trump is historically bad.
Historically bad as in the past year being his first time doing in in his 70 year lifetime?

Also, if Trump was skeptical about his debating skills, wouldn't he actually want less people watching and tuning into the NFL? Think about it...

Yeah Trump was such a bad debater the 16 career politicians couldn't wait to chew him up in the Republican debates.  Oh wait...

Quote:Yeah Trump was such a bad debater the 16 career politicians couldn't wait to chew him up in the Republican debates.  Oh wait...

I know. These people are just talking out of their butts slinging poo against the wall and seeing what will stick. 

Cant wait for the debates. Trump is gonna tear Hillaface a new [BLEEP]. And deservingly so..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Dems hiding debates again, just like they did with Bernie Sanders. No surprise here :down:

Can someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding the situation here?

Trump wants to MOVE the debates away from NFL games so they have MORE viewership. Left media is turning this into Trump trying to avoid debating?

Am I missing something? 

Quote:Can someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding the situation here?

Trump wants to MOVE the debates away from NFL games so they have MORE viewership. Left media is turning this into Trump trying to avoid debating?

Am I missing something? 

Nope, spot on. Media spinning in full effect.

Quote:Can someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding the situation here?

Am I missing something?

The less people watching those debates, the less people will get to see that [BLEEP] Hillaface squirm under pressure.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Historically bad as in the past year being his first time doing in in his 70 year lifetime?

Also, if Trump was skeptical about his debating skills, wouldn't he actually want less people watching and tuning into the NFL? Think about it...
Historically bad as in the worst ever.  Can you name any other presidential nominee ever who was worse than Trump?  He can't say anything without repeating himself at least once, especially when he's telling you how great it's going to be.  Also, the first time excuse doesn't fly.  Senior level management and board meetings are often all about debating problems, issues, redirecting a course of business, etc.  Isn't this what he claims to be his area of expertise?

Trump is too arrogant to be skeptical about anything he says or does.  He's very much like Obama is this sense; he'll never admit to being wrong or apologize for anything.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 09:25 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Historically bad as in the worst ever.  Can you name any other presidential nominee ever who was worse than Trump?  He can't say anything without repeating himself at least once, especially when he's telling you how great it's going to be.  Also, the first time excuse doesn't fly.  Senior level management and board meetings are often all about debating problems, issues, redirecting a course of business, etc.  Isn't this what he claims to be his area of expertise?

Trump is too arrogant to be skeptical about anything he says or does.  He's very much like Obama is this sense; he'll never admit to being wrong or apologize for anything.

I believe you stated Trump is historically bad at debating yet he has only been doing it for 1 year and managed to take down 16 very qualified candidates in the process.

I see a pattern in most people who dislike Trump. You people throw all kinds of false stuff against the wall hoping that something will stick or go overlooked, then if it goes overlooked, it somehow becomes fact.

Quote:Historically bad as in the worst ever.  Can you name any other presidential nominee ever who was worse than Trump?  He can't say anything without repeating himself at least once, especially when he's telling you how great it's going to be.  Also, the first time excuse doesn't fly.  Senior level management and board meetings are often all about debating problems, issues, redirecting a course of business, etc.  Isn't this what he claims to be his area of expertise?

Ever is a very long time and most people have, at best, a passing familiarity with historical candidacies. Most of this reaction is spawned from the power of the present, a negative form of "The Good Old Days" syndrome.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: 11t7tjt.png]