Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So is LG a concern?

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 04:23 PM by DontSweatMyJags.)

Quote:LG is usually quality stuff, though I prefer Samsung.

That's Hilarious!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LT and LG are concerns. Yes.

Lt and lg are a concern, I would have been happier if they brought in a decent center and slid Cann or Linder over to Lg, but I'll reserve judgment till I see what The Dallas and Pittsburgh guy bring to the table.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Cann and RG is the only position I feel comfortable about going into the year. Linder is coming off injury and moving to a new position. LT is sketchy with Joeckel not performing up to par and Beachum coming off injury. LG is a complete question mark. RT is solid but Parnell has his issues.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 01:10 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

If yes please explain who.. i think we do need another guard lets say louis vasquez from denver..

Vince Manuawi be a nice stopgap guy.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 02:51 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

How about this lineup..

Joeckel, beachum, linder, cann, Parnell, bernadeau, shatley, wells, bowanko (pup)..

Quote:How about this lineup..

Joeckel, beachum, linder, cann, Parnell, bernadeau, shatley, wells, bowanko (pup)..

Stop
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I heard about a guy named louis vasquez from Denver. Might be worth taking a look at. Not sure if you have heard of him.

;

;

I'm going to throw a name out from left field but I doubt you guys have ever heard of him... louis vasquez

I like cheese.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Vasquez would be a decent vet, if you're looking for experience.  He's spent his career at right guard.  

We should trade a young DT for a young interior OL before final cuts. I don't think we can keep them all.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I still can't believe Dave didn't really address interior oline in FA (Bernadeau is like a D list signing) seeing that it was perhaps the best and deepest group that hit FA. 

There were literally more than a dozen options (including keeping Wiz) that would have left me perfectly content with our starting 5 olineman, but instead I feel like LG is the biggest worry on the team. 

Quote:How about this lineup..

We'd probably do very well if they allowed a lineup with 9 players protecting Bortles!

Quote:I still can't believe Dave didn't really address interior oline in FA (Bernadeau is like a D list signing) seeing that it was perhaps the best and deepest group that hit FA.

There were literally more than a dozen options (including keeping Wiz) that would have left me perfectly content with our starting 5 olineman, but instead I feel like LG is the biggest worry on the team.

He also didn't address it in the draft either. This tells me he has a hell of a lot more faith in Joeckel at guard than most of us do. In my mind, Caldwell has earned the benefit of the doubt but we will see.

This offense has crazy potential at the skill positions, it would be a shame if the oline holds it back.

Quote:You know... this might sound crazy, but some of you may recall how the Jaguars successfully moved Drew Nowak from the DL to a G position. Drew was starting games last year for the Seahawks, and is on this Chiefs roster this year having developed quite an impressive rep at the position. Knowing that the Jaguars defensive front is so crowded this year, maybe one of them can move over to G. Sen'Derrick Marks, for instance, just might make for one heck of a nasty G, and I bet he'd excel as the starter at LG.

There might even be an option for a younger DT. I've witnessed Richard Ash being blown backwards so I won't include him as option, but what about Sheldon Day or Michael Bennett? Or considering he's already worked a little with the offense, maybe they can give Alualu a crack at possibly actually earning his status as a first round draft pick in a new role. ....or, for that matter, TE Nic Jacobs might be able to play a little LG in a clinch.
Dude, Nowak was benched because he's awful. He was cut for the same reason.

Quote:I still can't believe Dave didn't really address interior oline in FA (Bernadeau is like a D list signing) seeing that it was perhaps the best and deepest group that hit FA. 

Wiz was not very good last season. I know you've mentioned in a few different threads that Wiz was solid but IMO he was very average at center. I think if he played as well as you make it seem, Dave would have kept him around moved Linder or Cann to LG and the interior would be set for years to come. I've been working my way through last seasons games again and I will say that the team will benefit greatly from improving Wiz, Beadles, and Joeckle. Beadles has already been let go and Beachum will work to replace Joeckel.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Wiz was not very good last season. I know you've mentioned in a few different threads that Wiz was solid but IMO he was very average at center. I think if he played as well as you make it seem, Dave would have kept him around moved Linder or Cann to LG and the interior would be set for years to come. I've been working my way through last seasons games again and I will say that the team will benefit greatly from improving Wiz, Beadles, and Joeckle. Beadles has already been let go and Beachum will work to replace Joeckel.
Wiz was an excellent pass blocker and played every snap last year (only missed like 40 snaps in his entire career), that counts for something. Yes he was a below average run blocker and that's why he was not wanted back on an offense who's main focus is improving the run game. He was, however, a positive run blocker for his first few seasons so I think it's a possibility he could return to that another year off of his shoulder injury.

It's obviously water under the bridge at this point, but I sure would feel more comfortable with him instead of Joeckel or Bernadeau.

Put me in the Wiz no good camp. His best attribute was that he was always squarely in the defenders way.

Also, I predict our running game to be right-side heavy.