Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you trade a first?

No.  You make do with the best of Beachum and Joeckel abilities.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:LT no Von Miller in a heartbeat

I don't think any team would give up a premium draft pic AND commit to one of the highest defensive contracts ever for Von Miller, that's a lot of assets for one player no matter how good he is.  This is why franchise players almost never get signed.

Young man's game.

No need to overspend on either side of the ball, and that's what giving up a first rounder would mean.

I'd rather throw around cash in the offseason.  Jax will look more attractive once a contender.

Once players come here, many stay here after football's over.  So, it's not quite as bad as those who don't come here might think.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2016, 03:39 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:So you're agreeing with me? lol
no, they just werent good examples as to why you wouldnt want to trade for a good lt

oher finally built off what he was supposed to do, hes barely a journeyman. And the broncos are getting the ball out quickly, something we dont do.

I'd trade a first for Cordy Glenn.

'02

Quote:I'd trade a first for Cordy Glenn.

Jesus.

Quote:Jesus.

Why not? I think he did have a rough rookie season, but since then he's proven to be able to shut out virtually anyone, and he's still young. You can't just pick guys like that off trees, and even early first round OTs don't necessarily come through. See the Joke as an example.

'02

Quote:Why not? I think he did have a rough rookie season, but since then he's proven to be able to shut out virtually anyone, and he's still young. You can't just pick guys like that off trees, and even early first round OTs don't necessarily come through. See the Joke as an example.

I just think that a healthy Beachum and a healthy Cordy Glenn arn't too far apart performance wise.

Don't agree with giving next years first for any tackle.

My only question is...how are we at 6-2 with a glaring weakness at LT?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think the OL will get Dave's attention next offseason, along with maybe another high pick at LB. 

No with a "But"

But if Bortles is getting beat up, you rotate a bunch of guys at LT or you scheme so that Bortles can run some fast developing plays so he doesn't get hurt

Lets think about this.  If we are 6-2 we most likely would have a low first round draft pick.  If the guy is under 30 and established, yes no problem.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Regardless of the record, it's not happening.

6-2, then Bortles goes down and we finish at 6-10. Now picking early first....still make the trade?

Quote:Lets think about this. If we are 6-2 we most likely would have a low first round draft pick. If the guy is under 30 and established, yes no problem.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2016, 09:35 PM by knarnn.)

If I'm 6-2 with a guy who's supposedly struggling I'll just churn thru the FA pile or roll with what I got, keep my draft pick, and wait until the off season when I can get a real upgrade. It's rare for a guy to come to a team mid season and make any kind of major impact anyways.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Not that I agree with trading a first, but last year the Broncos were reportedly close to a trade Cleveland for a 1st and a 2nd for Joe Thomas right before the deadline.

With a low first, we'll need it.

Without it, then your first pick is basically a third.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Nah. If a team is willing to trade their LT half way through the season he's probably not worth a 1st rounder

Quote:Not just no, but double hockey sticks no!

I ain't trading a 1st for anybody in the league.

What we need to realize is we have a squad now. Look at our core...Jack Fowler Telvin Ramsey Gipson The Allens Bortles Linder Cann Yeldon Lee Greene Jackson

I'm probably forgetting some players but just think...with all the talent we have this year, we are going to add another 1st rounder next year.

I actually might trade a first for Newton or Wilson. I imagine we would be able to get a quick positive return on our investment just flipping him to another team. And if it takes a bit, well, either one would be a marginal improvement over Henne as a backup. (cough)

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:If you are 6-2 what you're doing is working. Don't fix what ain't broke.
end of thread