Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your current favorite song?

One Of Us by New Politics has been my current jam. Which is strange because I really am not a huge fan of them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pearl Jam yellow ledbetter

Jamiroquai - Cloud 9
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Pearl Jam yellow ledbetter

Great song. Acoustic unplugged version?

One of the first PJ songs I learned how to play.. love it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Misty Mountain Hop
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Great song. Acoustic unplugged version?

One of the first PJ songs I learned how to play.. love it..
Honestly unplugged or not it doesn't matter to me no-ones allowed to talk when it comes on.

Quote:Jamiroquai - Cloud 9

[Image: giphy_3.gif]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Honestly unplugged or not it doesn't matter to me no-ones allowed to talk when it comes on.

Unplugged is way better than the original imo.. But both are awesome.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Game of Thrones: Season 6 OST - Light of the Seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-gbqbVd8c&

Love the topic but honestly no one can answer the question.  Music affects us all differently at different times in our life.  For example this song:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...5232,d.eWE

was popular when it came out in my youth.  I enjoyed it but never understood it.  As the years went by I had forgotten about it.  Recently while on an iHeart radio station it happened to play.  I was floored at the depth of this song.  What was once a popular catchy kind of tune turned into a possible anthem after 40 years.  Who was she that Dan Fogelberg was singing about?  

This is why I love music!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Love the topic but honestly no one can answer the question. Music affects us all differently at different times in our life. For example this song:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxwv7HsonTAhVTfiYKHWfEA-UQyCkIHTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOYIWeow6W14&usg=AFQjCNFpHvpckaEMSccGf_ak9OZbKzsiUg&sig2=31wcJVaDOxNoZAQvv4lrEw&bvm=bv.151325232,d.eWE'>https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxwv7HsonTAhVTfiYKHWfEA-UQyCkIHTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOYIWeow6W14&usg=AFQjCNFpHvpckaEMSccGf_ak9OZbKzsiUg&sig2=31wcJVaDOxNoZAQvv4lrEw&bvm=bv.151325232,d.eWE</a>

was popular when it came out in my youth. I enjoyed it but never understood it. As the years went by I had forgotten about it. Recently while on an iHeart radio station it happened to play. I was floored at the depth of this song. What was once a popular catchy kind of tune turned into a possible anthem after 40 years. Who was she that Dan Fogelberg was singing about?

This is why I love music!

I disagree with your verbiage but agree with your message.

Instead of saying no one can answer, it's more true that everyone can answer.

Right now I'll say that Blue Dress by The Number 12 Looks Like You is my favorite song at the moment.

It's not always my #1 but top ten forever.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I Found by Amber Run

Quote:I disagree with your verbiage but agree with your message.

Instead of saying no one can answer, it's more true that everyone can answer.

Right now I'll say that Blue Dress by The Number 12 Looks Like You is my favorite song at the moment.

It's not always my #1 but top ten forever.
Two sides of the same coin.  You are right everyone can answer but the answer will forever be changing.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I've not heard of 2/3 of the bands mentioned in this thread.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 07:29 AM by Caldrac.)

It's funny you mentioned Ghost B.C on here. I stumbled upon them when I was going through Baroness on Spotify. "From The Pinnacle To the Pit" by them is pretty awesome. I hijacked the stereo while my wife was driving us around yesterday and was belting the hell out of it in the car. 

I've been listening to more and more of them since this past Saturday. They have an old style groove to them and I dig the hell out of their bass use in their songs. Especially in that song highlighted above. 

Me and my wife are headed to Orlando in July to catch Metallica. Pretty excited to see them live for the first time. Avenged Sevenfold and a few other bands will open up the show which shouldn't be too bad at all. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Juicy Wiggle, by Redfoo of LMFAO.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 10:20 AM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:It's funny you mentioned Ghost B.C on here. I stumbled upon them when I was going through Baroness on Spotify. "From The Pinnacle To the Pit" by them is pretty awesome. I hijacked the stereo while my wife was driving us around yesterday and was belting the hell out of it in the car. 

I've been listening to more and more of them since this past Saturday. They have an old style groove to them and I dig the hell out of their bass use in their songs. Especially in that song highlighted above. 

Me and my wife are headed to Orlando in July to catch Metallica. Pretty excited to see them live for the first time. Avenged Sevenfold and a few other bands will open up the show which shouldn't be too bad at all. 

I used to be a big Metallica fan, then they came out with St. Anger and it was the worst album I have ever heard. The prominent snare drum in the songs on that album gave me a migraine. From then on, they just haven't sounded the same to me. I do really like Avenged Sevenfold though. M. Shadows has one of those voices where he can scream with the best of them, but he also has a very melodic voice as well. Shadows, Corey Taylor and Tobias Forge are probably my favorite metal vocalist right now. 

As far as Ghost, they have a sound like no one else. Have you heard their cover of Here Comes the Sun? It's intoxicating. 

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bizarro Goes Bankai" data-cid="991984" data-time="1491251524">
Jamiroquai - Cloud 9
[Image: giphy_3.gif]</blockquote>

You just had to go there, didn't ya, Skeets? :-P

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Me and my wife are headed to Orlando in July to catch Metallica. Pretty excited to see them live for the first time. Avenged Sevenfold and a few other bands will open up the show which shouldn't be too bad at all.

I've always heard Metallica puts on excellent live shows so congrats and I hope they kill it for you and your old lady.

I remember the first time I saw my favorite band play live in Boston in 2007. That journey was 15 years in the making, having first fell in love with them in the summer of 1992.

Like not bull, I cried when they came out on stage. I'm not a particularly emotional dude. I know I scared at least 3 of my friends who'd made that trip possible because they'd never seen me cry.

-Etrigan the Demon

Feeling rather old right now...only heard of one of the songs listed above.

My favorite song right now is Blue Ain't Your Color by Keith Urban.

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes