Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Generation Snowflake

Quote:It's almost as if 40 year ago that Baby Boomers were labeled the "Me Generation".

Nope, not possible.
Christ, if there ever were a generation that could rightfully be called the "Me Generation" it would be the Baby Boomers. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2016, 04:28 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:[Image: 673.gif]
I LMBO at this. 

I went to my niece's HS graduation last Friday, the first I'd been to since my own 26 years ago, and was pleasantly surprised that they recognized the salutatorian and valedictorian as well as had a moment of silence during which the superintendent said was for prayers and well wishes for the graduates. But we also live in small town, NC. Still a very conservative area. 

I didn't excel in school other than being really good at track and field. The only ribbons I ever got was during Field Day. Oh, I was good at spelling and won some spelling bees so got some ribbons for that too. It never occurred to me to expect something for nothing. It is certainly not how I was raised and was not the mindset in the 80's. Not where I grew up. If you did well you were recognized for it, if not well.....not so much. And no one cried and moaned about it because it never was even a thought in our mind to do so. Me, I've never been competitive per se. I don't like attention nor have I ever felt the need do anything in any way that called attention on myself. I prefer to be a background person just doing what needs to be done. Definitely not type-A. And I'm fine with that. 

If you take away the incentives for people to actually apply themselves and do well then all we will have in the future is a bunch of mediocre people and that will be tragic because the people in the world, and in this country, who have made things happen for the advancement of anything you can think of were/are not mediocre. 

Quote:LOL, I figured that I would stir up the usual suspects in this forum.  Let me applaud them by waving my "jazz hands" so that I don't "trigger any trauma" by clapping.

You know what would be funny to watch?  Snowflakes at a Stevie Wonder concert.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'. We, their sons, are more

worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more

<span style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-size:15px;font-style:italic;">corrupt.</span>

- Horace (Odes, Book III,  23 BC)

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:The topic title says it all and something that I've been ranting about for some time.  This is our future folks.  No more clapping, you need to use "jazz hands".

Is it just me, or has the left really lost it?

I would say that some people on the far left have lost it.  

Generation baby boomer did far more hurt this country than generation snow flake. You all are just post because your losing driving privileges, both Metaphoricly and in actuality. I hope y'all enjoy becoming irrelevant.
And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Quote:Generation baby boomer did far more hurt this country than generation snow flake. You all are just post because your losing driving privileges, both Metaphoricly and in actuality. I hope y'all enjoy becoming irrelevant.
I concur, we created generation snowflake.  It doesn't get much worse than that.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Generation baby boomer did far more hurt this country than generation snow flake. You all are just post because your losing driving privileges, both Metaphoricly and in actuality. I hope y'all enjoy becoming irrelevant.

Quote:I concur, we created generation snowflake.  It doesn't get much worse than that.

Baby boomers are at, or fast approaching, retirement age.  Their damage, whatever it may be, is done. 

Generation snowflake is just entering the workforce.  Their damage is only beginning and the potential for a total collapse is massive.

Quote:Baby boomers are at, or fast approaching, retirement age. Their damage, whatever it may be, is done.

Generation snowflake is just entering the workforce. Their damage is only beginning and the potential for a total collapse is massive.

Yes, let's all blame an entire generation for the damage you think they can do.

Generation snow flake starts in 83 or 81 I believe. Believe me when I say the baby boomers took what the greatest generation built and [BAD WORD REMOVED] all over it. If you need examples I can site plenty. What legacy did the Me generation leave? Crippling debt, 2nd place, or perhaps its greatest legacy a broken political system. You point your finger at those dang kids for having different values from you but seriously why shouldn't they, you suck at life (you is a generalization). Of course it’s all not to me, I've manage to carve out a pretty good future for myself despite your naysaying.

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Quote:Yes, let's all blame an entire generation for the damage you think they can do.

Congratulations, you understand the definition of 'potential"

[Image: 120051_romney_sparkles_jazz_hands.gif]

Quote:You know what would be funny to watch?  Snowflakes at a Stevie Wonder concert.

OMG, that is funny stuff there. :-)

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:OMG, that is funny stuff there. :-)

Quality post.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Quality post.
Thanks Smile I guess you got the 'highlight' of it.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:Thanks Smile I guess you got the 'highlight' of it.

I saw what you did there. Irony. What's not to love?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

This is getting out of hand.  First, the current Administration specifically the "Justice" Department decides that they want to edit transcripts of the 911 calls between the shooter in Orlando and the 911 operators.  Why is that?  Is it because we shouldn't know what was actually said?  Is it because the shooter was pledging allegiance to a force that President Obama called the "JV team" and said that they were "on their heels"?  Or is it because we don't want to "insult" people of a certain religion or "insinuate" that this attack was carried out by a radical Islamic terrorist?

Meanwhile in our own military, they pretty much assault and physically remove a veteran that was asked to give a speech at a retirement ceremony.  Why is that?  Because the speech mentions the word "God".  More information can be found here.

The thing is, the veteran was ASKED to do the speech at the member's PERSONAL and PRIVATE retirement ceremony.  The service members that physically removed him are not security personnel, and don't have the authority to do so.

So basically our government is telling us that we can't read words that refer to "Allah" or a terrorist organization for whatever reason, and a service member that served our country can't have a veteran give a speech that is popular and common at a retirement ceremony because it mentions the word "God".

Our country really needs to wake up.  We are being destroyed from within.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Clearly generation snowflake is to blame

;

;

I blame the Warriors style of basketball. It has reached beyond destroying youth basketball.

Poltical correctness is the BANE of a free society.......

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."