Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan interview with a funny quote: "Like taking a punter in the third round. That had a profound effect on m...

Quote:Oh I know the feeling, equals a massive hangover the next day.... I miss when the draft was on Saturday's, me and my buddies used to make a day out of it. Get hammered and try to predict the picks, oh those were the days.

Definitely.  The all-day Saturday events were the best !!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Definitely.  The all-day Saturday events were the best !!

Years ago, I would go to Sneakers when 930 would have it's draft party Prisco and Lamm would each have teams and whichever team scored highest would win some pretty decent prizes. I loved the noon start time. 

;

;

I remember following the draft on my phone while shopping with my wife and thinking that NFL.com had glitched or something.  Then I came here and realized the sad truth that we had selected a Punter.

I tried really hard to support the rationale of the pick, but man, that was an all-time low.

The alualu 10th overall pick got me concerned, then the anger pick was like a realization that this whole thing had come off the rails.

I remember alot of apathy and jokes after that... legatron...

He really hosed us, that's for sure

Quote:Hahahaha please. You were the biggest genie on the board. No doubt you were singing his praises after that pick.

"Jean Smiff done found another jar on the shelf. That boy can kick the ball a quarter mile. In Jean we trust!"
Surprised he's not mad at Khan for " beating a dead horse" or "not being able to let go of the past".

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 04:05 PM by Joe.)

I remember Jeff Lags getting so butt hurt after they fired Gene Smith.

Garbage.

Quote:The alualu 10th overall pick got me concerned, then the anger pick was like a realization that this whole thing had come off the rails.

I thought, "Welp, he must know something about Gabbert."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Imagine having gene smith at GM and Bobblehead Bradley coaching the team at the same time. Is it possible to finish with negative wins?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:The alualu 10th overall pick got me concerned, then the anger pick was like a realization that this whole thing had come off the rails.

The Anger pick essentially set the team up for being a punchline, even more than they already were. And then to have it end up Anger being picked a few spots before Russell Wilson. Good god.

;

;

Quote:I remember following the draft on my phone while shopping with my wife and thinking that NFL.com had glitched or something. Then I came here and realized the sad truth that we had selected a Punter.

I tried really hard to support the rationale of the pick, but man, that was an all-time low.

I remember being in a fight with my gf at the time and she was mad texting me at the time of the pick. I responded back with "we just drafted a punter.." Followed by "in the 3rd round..." Which was followed by "a punter!"

I had a few expletives in there as well. Needless to say that was the end of us.

Quote:When the best defense that segment of the board could muster is to say that he'd be an immediate starter, the argument was lost. That was always such an odd, random selection. Almost like he just reached into a hat and pulled out a name, or he let some random Joe on the street make the pick.

Or the people who said "the game is about field position". I'm so glad dumb dumb Gene Smith is gone.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 05:53 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

"You guys are crazy, Anger is gonna be the best Punter in the league, period"

"Remember Matt Turk and how much we suffered with him?"

"This guy is gonna be the one of the best ever, a 3rd is nothing"

"We get a guaranteed starter, this pick is great"

There are still a lot of those idiots here. Like somebody said, like 95% of the board defended the pick.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Some may have to plead insanity. Like trying to justify the selection.

Quote:It's not as if I would have gotten the pick absolutely right.

I wanted RT Bobbie Massie at that point.  I think he wound up going a round later to the Cardinals.  Like Smiff, I would have left some guy named Russell Wilson on the board.

That's amazing!  Same here!   The RT from Ole Miss! 

I mean, I didn't know anything about him, I was just kind of following along, and thought gee, we could sure use a RT about here, how about this guy from Ole Miss.  

Quote:Hahahaha please. You were the biggest genie on the board. No doubt you were singing his praises after that pick.

"Jean Smiff done found another jar on the shelf. That boy can kick the ball a quarter mile. In Jean we trust!"
Got to agree.  I remember the insults these gene smith lovers threw at me and the others who doubted him.  Thats why you can't trust any of their words now.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The best was when Mularkey had to defend the pick. "He holds for FGs too, he's really good at that."
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I thought that draft was going well. Blackmon was obviously an incredible talent and Branch was a young pass rusher and then PUNTER?!?! My friends were dying laughing and I was just sitting there like wow..
Shock the world

So this means no Roberto Aguayo?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

So embarrassing to watch Rich Eisen do his "Punters are people too!" rant which was a theme for him the whole broadcast.

Quote:The best was when Mularkey had to defend the pick. "He holds for FGs too, he's really good at that."

[Image: good.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."