Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan interview with a funny quote: "Like taking a punter in the third round. That had a profound effect on m...

Doesn't hold back on our ol' buddy Gene Smiff.

http://www.news4jax.com/web/wjxt/sports/...-impulsive

Memories of his first draft in 2012 are very clear in Khan’s mind, and he doesn’t want to make the same mistakes.  “I was new and I was graciously invited to visit some people during some of the draft, so I missed some of the picks.  Like taking a punter in the third round. That had a profound effect on me,” he said with a bit of emphasis. 

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 10:17 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Doesn't hold back on our ol' buddy Gene Smiff.

http://www.news4jax.com/web/wjxt/sports/...-impulsive

Memories of his first draft in 2012 are very clear in Khan’s mind, and he doesn’t want to make the same mistakes.  “I was new and I was graciously invited to visit some people during some of the draft, so I missed some of the picks.  Like taking a punter in the third round. That had a profound effect on me,” he said with a bit of emphasis. 

[BAD WORD REMOVED], this made my morning. I love this guy, I live in Minneapolis and when the Jags played here a few years ago I went to the game. Shad was on the field pregame signing autographs and talking with fans, his a genuinely cool guy that hasn't let his copious amounts of money change who he is. The Jags and the city of Jacksonville arefortunate to have him as an owner

Shad Khan has been such a breath of fresh air for this franchise.  We love the Weavers even more for choosing Mr. Khan.

[Image: JAGSSIG.jpg]

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED], this made my morning. I love this guy, I live in Minneapolis and when the Jags played here a few years ago I went to the game. Shad was on the field pregame signing autographs and talking with fans, his a genuinely cool guy that hasn't let his copious amounts of money change who he is. The Jags and the city of Jacksonville arefortunate to have him as an owner

So true..  Rams fans oh how you shouldn't have wanted Stan.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Shad Khan has been such a breath of fresh air for this franchise.  We love the Weavers even more for choosing Mr. Khan.

Yeah. He's basically saved the franchise.

;

;

All Hail Khan!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 12:07 PM by Haterade.)

Banger was the final piece to Gene's build

Got our wideout for Gabbert with Blackmon

Fixed the passrush with Branch

Then landed one of the best punters of all time in Anger

A+ Draft

Love it! I like that he is involved with the process with the college players, all the while deferring to Dave to make the final decision. That quote about the punter is pure gold!

Quote:Banger was the final piece to Gene's build

Got our wideout for Gabbert with Blackmon

Fixed the passrush with Branch

Then landed one of the best punters of all time in Anger

A+ Draft

To be fair, Genius Gene did draft a stud linebacker in the 5th round that draft.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Don't you just wish the old board was still around so we can find the people who actually thought that drafting a punter was the right move?

Most likely the same people who want to draft Aguayo......

Quote:Don't you just wish the old board was still around so we can find the people who actually thought that drafting a punter was the right move?

They would have ridiculed the idea of drafting a punter in the 3rd....until gene did it. Then it would become "a bold move" "diamond in the rough" "Day 1 starter" "in gene we trust"

Quote:Don't you just wish the old board was still around so we can find the people who actually thought that drafting a punter was the right move?

When the best defense that segment of the board could muster is to say that he'd be an immediate starter, the argument was lost.  That was always such an odd, random selection. Almost like he just reached into a hat and pulled out a name, or he let some random Joe on the street make the pick.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:When the best defense that segment of the board could muster is to say that he'd be an immediate starter, the argument was lost.  That was always such an odd, random selection. Almost like he just reached into a hat and pulled out a name, or he let some random Joe on the street make the pick.
It seemed like the majority of the board defended that pick.  I was dumbfounded by "the immediate starter" defense of the pick.

As to the underlined text, it was a good thing he was canned before Manziel became draft eligible, eh?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:When the best defense that segment of the board could muster is to say that he'd be an immediate starter, the argument was lost. That was always such an odd, random selection. Almost like he just reached into a hat and pulled out a name, or he let some random Joe on the street make the pick.

Hahahaha please. You were the biggest genie on the board. No doubt you were singing his praises after that pick.

"Jean Smiff done found another jar on the shelf. That boy can kick the ball a quarter mile. In Jean we trust!"

Quote:It seemed like the majority of the board defended that pick. I was dumbfounded by "the immediate starter" defense of the pick.

As to the underlined text, it was a good thing he was canned before Manziel became draft eligible, eh?

I was an avid Gene Smith supporter until that pick, it was at that moment I knew it was all lost.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I was an avid Gene Smith supporter until that pick, it was at that moment I knew it was all lost.
It's not as if I would have gotten the pick absolutely right.

I wanted RT Bobbie Massie at that point.  I think he wound up going a round later to the Cardinals.  Like Smiff, I would have left some guy named Russell Wilson on the board.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It seemed like the majority of the board defended that pick.  I was dumbfounded by "the immediate starter" defense of the pick.

Agreed.  I remember watching it live, and it was the first and only time I think I was in legitimate literal shock.  I couldn't believe what I'd just seen.  I thought surely this was a dream.  Then I watched Gene's conference where he called the punter a starter, and I wanted to vomit.

Quote:It's not as if I would have gotten the pick absolutely right.

I wanted RT Bobbie Massie at that point.  I think he wound up going a round later to the Cardinals.  Like Smiff, I would have left some guy named Russell Wilson on the board.

I was down for best available tackle.  I was pretty sure by opening day I'd be starting at Guy Whimper manning right tackle, and I really didn't want to see that again.

Not sure if I got banned during that draft or not.  I know I got banned during the 2010 Alualu, Smith, Hart, and Lane draft.

Vodka, the NFL Draft, and Gene Smith did not go good together for me.  :pirate:

Quote:Not sure if I got banned during that draft or not.  I know I got banned during the 2010 Alualu, Smith, Hart, and Lane draft.

Vodka, the NFL Draft, and Gene Smith did not go good together for me.  :pirate:

Oh I know the feeling, equals a massive hangover the next day.... I miss when the draft was on Saturday's, me and my buddies used to make a day out of it. Get hammered and try to predict the picks, oh those were the days.