Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would Fowler's combine have been if he declared this year?

Quote:Way to make it creepy at the end Todd

He said Fowler was Defensive with his End?  Weird right...  jk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is an old pic, from his Florida pro day, right?
Yes it was from his Pro Day.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

A bit more recent.. at least he was wearing the Jaguars uniform...

What do you think the trainers/doctors were saying in this photo... oh crap who's going to tell Gus?

[Image: fowler-gf-mother-fight.jpg]

Wait I found the most recent public photo of him... jk

[Image: wpid-screenshot_2015-05-01-12-11-41_1.jpg]

You got to love his taste of fashion...

To be fair, Fowler Jr. is only 21 years old, and well there is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbYyVTTtnRc

At the combine he looked fat but I didn't like he pick. I don't think he's gonna be good and wished we went in another direction. We'll see and hope I'm wrong.

I got excited when it came to the pick because I thought it was going to be DL Leonard Williams but they went with Fowler Jr. instead (he wasnt the pick I had wanted either), I was thinking WR Cooper if not Williams but what do I know I guess...

GM Dave Caldwell couldnt have known he would be injured though...

Quote:To be fair, Fowler Jr. is only 21 years old, and well there is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbYyVTTtnRc
Thanks for the vid.  He looks so dominant but of course the NFL is a whole different monster.  His quickness and explosiveness are reasons to be excited.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:At the combine he looked fat but I didn't like he pick. I don't think he's gonna be good and wished we went in another direction. We'll see and hope I'm wrong.

Shocker
Shock the world

Many people were calling Williams the safest pick in the draft.  He played in all 16 games but only had 3 sacks.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Many online draftniks. Williams was far from a consensus #1 player to the NFL.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Many people were calling Williams the safest pick in the draft.  He played in all 16 games but only had 3 sacks.

He was a rookie on a team with a brand new Head Coach in which all the players were learning new again, and yet he still got 3 sacks.   To me when you got a 6'5" 300lbs guy that can move and play every position on the defensive line above average he's a great guy to draft.  I am still confused as to how he fell so far in the draft.

I see Buckner a 6'7 1/2" guy whom can play end or DT and I keep thinking of what we are always told that games are won on the lines, and get the big strong guys early on in the draft... not sure why he is mocked out of the top 5 in almost everyone's mock...

He fell that far because 3T/5T players are not valued as highly as edge rushers and QBs among other. He just wasn't that special of a player athletically even though he had protoype size and technique.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:At the combine he looked fat but I didn't like he pick. I don't think he's gonna be good and wished we went in another direction. We'll see and hope I'm wrong.
i hope you're wrong too

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Because he was really young when he came out. His body wasn't fully developed (or he didn't work on it enough, or didn't know what to work on since he was moved around in that Gator defense). Regardless, compare his body coming out last season to his counterparts (Gregory/Beasley), and you can see he wasn't as developed as those two were.
It's not like he was 15 when he came into the league and now he's 21.  It's a year. 

As far as his body is concerned, it's amazing how the experts on this board can evaluate the conditioning of players based on a picture.  If it's any consolation, he's spent the past year in the gym, so I'm sure you'll be eager to see him shirtless.  Not that there's anything wrong with that. :teehee:

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You're as predictable as death and taxes.  You must be single-handedly keeping the adult diaper industry in the black. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm curious to see his sack numbers if Wash turns him loose to the qb, seemed watching some of his tape he wasn't always asked to attack and rush the passer.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Not sure its called fat when you weigh 260 and still run a 4.6 40 yard dash...... Just saying 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

negativity is everywhere

[Image: giphy.gif]

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ler-injury

If nothing else he changed the way that the Jaguars will do mini camp from now on due to his injury last year.

-"You never know," general manager Dave Caldwell said. "Sometimes that’s worse, too. Just trying to minimize risk. Not only the catastrophic injury we had last year, just the strains that a lot of these rookies incur in their first rookie minicamp.