Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would Fowler's combine have been if he declared this year?

When Fowler declared for the combine he was a true junior and was only 20 years old. Younger players typically don't test as well as older players as they have not had as much time to develop their bodies. In addition, Fowler lost significant weight every offseason and never stuck to one position. For reference, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, and Justin Houston were all 22 at the combine. Fowler will be coming up on his 22nd birthday in September and according to Dave and Wash his body has changed, he's leaner with abs and around 255lbs. I believe at that weight and with more lean muscle to him he would have done better in the agility and explosion drills and also ran a faster 40. Here's what I think he might have put up with another year of development:

Height: 6'3''

Weight: 255lbs

Arms: 33 3/4''

40 yard: 4.55

10 yard: 1.53

Bench: 25

Vert: 35''

Broad: 10'00''

20 yard shuttle: 4.15

3-cone: 7.20

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He would've torn his ACL like he did in Jacksonville and not played his senior year. I don't know..

Quote:He would've torn his ACL like he did in Jacksonville and not played his senior year. I don't know..
lol what

He would still be a top 15 talent 1st round pick and we would probably take him this year at 5, or if Bosa/Jack were there my guess would be either of the 3. Especially with the pickup up Gipson, I don't see us going Ramsey unless Jack and Bosa are gone. I just want us to pick the right guy who will be an impact player, spare the big names and draft stock/status, pick the best football player. 

[Image: Fla%20Pro%20Day.JPG]

His shoes were made of real gold and thus falls and broke both is legs making him fall to this years 3rd round?

I don't know I hope he lives up to all the hype this year...and stays healthy!!

Quote:When Fowler declared for the combine he was a true junior and was only 20 years old. Younger players typically don't test as well as older players as they have not had as much time to develop their bodies. In addition, Fowler lost significant weight every offseason and never stuck to one position. For reference, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, and Justin Houston were all 22 at the combine. Fowler will be coming up on his 22nd birthday in September and according to Dave and Wash his body has changed, he's leaner with abs and around 255lbs. I believe at that weight and with more lean muscle to him he would have done better in the agility and explosion drills and also ran a faster 40. Here's what I think he might have put up with another year of development:

Height: 6'3''

Weight: 255lbs

Arms: 33 3/4''

40 yard: 4.55

10 yard: 1.53

Bench: 25

Vert: 35''

Broad: 10'00''

20 yard shuttle: 4.15

3-cone: 7.20

Why would his physical skills change that much, He is a freak for his size and weight........ Maybe stronger idk. Were really getting to the bottom of the barrel 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

[Image: 050315-jaguars-1.vadapt.664.high.4.jpg]

DC Todd Wash said that while Fowler Jr will be on the depth chart as starting LEO that he will be moved around a lot during a game to stress the Offensive Line.

“He’s busting his hind end, working out – body is already starting to change,” Wash said. “You can see the determination he has to come back from this injury. I can’t wait to put my hands on him.”-DC said on Jaguars.com back in Jan 2016

Quote:Why would his physical skills change that much, He is a freak for his size and weight........ Maybe stronger idk. Were really getting to the bottom of the barrel 

Because he was really young when he came out. His body wasn't fully developed (or he didn't work on it enough, or didn't know what to work on since he was moved around in that Gator defense). Regardless, compare his body coming out last season to his counterparts (Gregory/Beasley), and you can see he wasn't as developed as those two were.

Quote:Because he was really young when he came out. His body wasn't fully developed (or he didn't work on it enough, or didn't know what to work on since he was moved around in that Gator defense). Regardless, compare his body coming out last season to his counterparts (Gregory/Beasley), and you can see he wasn't as developed as those two were.

Which I think shows how good he can be. If he was that good in college, imagine when he's put through a proper NFL weight/conditioning program and can focus on just football.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Which I think shows how good he can be. If he was that good in college, imagine when he's put through a proper NFL weight/conditioning program and can focus on just football.
I think that was part of the selling point on him. He was far from a finished product and projected to be a better pro than in college

From his NFL.com Profile Page:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...

Sources Tell Us

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"He's had to play at different weights and different spots on the field, and I think he's finally understanding how to use his athleticism to dominate a game. He will be way better in the pros than what he is now." -- AFC East college director of scouting

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">..."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I expected more bod. A bit ill defined abdominally.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I think his lack of core strength is/was at least part of why his speed to power conversion is inconsistent on tape.

Quote:[Image: Fla%20Pro%20Day.JPG]

His shoes were made of real gold and thus falls and broke both is legs making him fall to this years 3rd round?

I don't know I hope he lives up to all the hype this year...and stays healthy!!

This is an old pic, from his Florida pro day, right?

Quote:[Image: 050315-jaguars-1.vadapt.664.high.4.jpg]

DC Todd Wash said that while Fowler Jr will be on the depth chart as starting LEO that he will be moved around a lot during a game to stress the Offensive Line.

“He’s busting his hind end, working out – body is already starting to change,” Wash said. “You can see the determination he has to come back from this injury. I can’t wait to put my hands on him.”-DC said on Jaguars.com back in Jan 2016

Way to make it creepy at the end Todd

Quote:Way to make it creepy at the end Todd

Yeah that's what I was thinking to. I can wait to put my hands on him What the heck Todd haha

RO wrote today that his expectation for Fowler this year is 9 sacks. Seems strangely optimistic for that guy. Maybe people around the team are really liking what they see in regards to the work he's putting in and he's picking up on that.

He dropped a lot of weight even to be where he was in that photo, to produce what he did as a junior. 10-15 lbs. less than his Soph year.

In that Soph year he produced less than half what he did his junior year, the one standout season.

Not sure I'd expect 9 sacks.  He didn't even get that much in college in a single season.

Ease him in by giving him a role, and don't expect too much.  Let him grow into it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

preston smith had 8 last year so its not out of this world but id rather not set numbers for someone who hasnt played a snap. What gives me optimism is how much help hes gonna get from the interior. Have fun stepping up from fowler off the edge when maliks in your face.

Quote:He dropped a lot of weight even to be where he was in that photo, to produce what he did as a junior. 10-15 lbs. less than his Soph year.

In that Soph year he produced less than half what he did his junior year, the one standout season.

Not sure I'd expect 9 sacks.  He didn't even get that much in college in a single season.

Ease him in by giving him a role, and don't expect too much.  Let him grow into it.
1.  8.5 sacks is technically nine sacks

2. Florida's first game was cancelled in 2014 so he only played 12 games instead of 13

3. I saw him get two sacks against Tennessee but he was only credited with 1, so imo he did get nine sacks

4. His freshman and sophomore years he was playing a different role and like you said at a vastly heavier weight. I wouldn't take those as indications of his NFL success because he will have a way different body.

Given the positions this team will put him in to create pressure I think 9 sacks is attainable.