Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...are we rolling with Myers as our kicker in 2016?

Quote:Or do we pull the trigger in the 4th round on the FSU kicker?

I would say 5th round but I don't think we risk it.

I would like to trade back in the 4th round so we can still use our original 4th pick on a need.
Dumb.

Give up draft picks to move back into the 4th??? Because we don't want to draft real positions?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I mean.... This board never ceases to amaze me.

Aguayo isn't even that good. He's not some world beater kicker here. Myers drilled some big kicks for us. Including the Baltimore game. He also missed some kicks but drafting a kicker? Get real. How about Dave continues drafting well in the later rounds on real positions of need. Telvin, Greene, Denard were all 5th round picks and some of you want to draft a kicker?

It's a kicker.

"Man our punting was bad last year... Maybe we should draft a punter? That kid from Cal has some leg on him. We should get him"

Never. Ever draft a kicker. If you don't like the one you got, get one of the street like Pittsburgh did.

Relax bud. It's okay to evaluate kickers and punters. If Gostkowski and Hauschka were available in the 6th round, I would pull the trigger. Whenever they step on the field, they are absolute money. We need that.

I'm not saying Aguayo is as good as those guys, but if he was as good as them, then it is worth it.
Shock the world

Yay for Frailbones. Get a kicker from the local pizza shop or whatever, I'm with you.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Yay for Frailbones. Get a kicker from the local pizza shop or whatever, I'm with you.
Myers played Arena Football before he got to the Jaguars, pizza delivery could very well be the career we stole him from.

Kickers are kickers.

Reading up on Aguayo, it seems he has regressed a bit from his freshman year. I could see him slipping a bit in the draft.

All I know is that somehow, someway, we need to replace Myers. Those extra points that he missed were such a buzzkill after a TD.
Shock the world

The thing about Aguayo is if we need to make a kick over 50 yards, chances arent good. Myers improved towards the end of the year and has all off season to work on PATs to improve.

Quote:I mean.... This board never ceases to amaze me.

Aguayo isn't even that good. He's not some world beater kicker here. Myers drilled some big kicks for us. Including the Baltimore game. He also missed some kicks but drafting a kicker? Get real. How about Dave continues drafting well in the later rounds on real positions of need. Telvin, Greene, Denard were all 5th round picks and some of you want to draft a kicker?

It's a kicker.

"Man our punting was bad last year... Maybe we should draft a punter? That kid from Cal has some leg on him. We should get him"

Never. Ever draft a kicker. If you don't like the one you got, get one of the street like Pittsburgh did.

We would have held the division lead for a little bit if Myers would have made his FG vs the Colts.

Going into the playoffs with Myers as your kicker....get real

Heaven for bid if we make the Super Bowl.

Quote:Dumb.

Give up draft picks to move back into the 4th??? Because we don't want to draft real positions?

Yeah let's draft a back up CB instead of the guy that is going to lead the team in points.

Quote:Yeah let's draft a back up CB instead of the guy that is going to lead the team in points.

Because that "back up CB" could be Alterraun Verner, Davon House, or (actually 5th rounder) Richard Sherman.

Jason Myers led this team in points, as every kicker does for his team, so that's a really, really, really bad argument.  We can pick up an UDFA kicker that, if he beats out Myers, would lead our team in points.

Go for it more often, even on extra points.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:We would have held the division lead for a little bit if Myers would have made his FG vs the Colts.

Going into the playoffs with Myers as your kicker....get real

Heaven for bid if we make the Super Bowl.

I'd like to start the bidding at 10 bucks....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Because that "back up CB" could be Alterraun Verner, Davon House, or (actually 5th rounder) Richard Sherman.

Jason Myers led this team in points, as every kicker does for his team, so that's a really, really, really bad argument. We can pick up an UDFA kicker that, if he beats out Myers, would lead our team in points.

This 100%

I think we need to spend the first 4 picks on filling in positions like pass rusher, linebacker, center/guard before I pick a kicker. The only way I'm drafting Aguayo in the 3rd is if we trade down and land 2 2nd round picks with the Rams. Myers is serviceable but I don't trust him in the playoffs. 

Myers is our kicker next year. Book it.

He missed that Indy game, made up for it in Baltimore.

Pretty positive those PATs were a case of the yips gone horrible. I'd venture to say a PAT was a higher pressure kick for him than a 50 yard game winner due to how the fans were attacking him.

I think he'll have that fixed. He was great on kickoffs and really pretty damn good on fgs too. He'll he'll fix the 35 yard PAT problem
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wouldn't book it until he wins the job in the offseason.  He probably will if they don't bring in real competition.

That doesn't change the fact he arguably should have been cut last season.

That being said, we've got many more problems to fix than to worry or spend much time/energy debating the kicker.  Either way, what we do at the other 21 positions will make a bigger impact this season.

Yep, I'm saying backup QB is more important that who's our starting K this season.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Myers is our kicker next year. Book it.

He missed that Indy game, made up for it in Baltimore.

Pretty positive those PATs were a case of the yips gone horrible. I'd venture to say a PAT was a higher pressure kick for him than a 50 yard game winner due to how the fans were attacking him.

I think he'll have that fixed. He was great on kickoffs and really pretty damn good on fgs too. He'll he'll fix the 35 yard PAT problem

My gut says he's the kicker next year also, but we need some competition for him that's for sure.
Shock the world

Quote:Yeah let's draft a back up CB instead of the guy that is going to lead the team in points.
It's ok to be wrong dude. You're wrong in wanting to draft a kicker. It's ok to admit it. Sometimes our opinions and thoughts are wrong. And yours..... Well it's wrong.

Release Myers, Sign me. Go for two every time. find a big leg for KOs. I was the kicker on my rec league team. (we didn't have field goals) a budget thing I'm guessing. If I'm on the team is it ok to ask guys to sign stuff still???

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:I wouldn't book it until he wins the job in the offseason. He probably will if they don't bring in real competition.

That doesn't change the fact he arguably should have been cut last season.

That being said, we've got many more problems to fix than to worry or spend much time/energy debating the kicker. Either way, what we do at the other 21 positions will make a bigger impact this season.

Yep, I'm saying backup QB is more important that who's our starting K this season.
Yup!

Myers should have been let go last year but there was nobody out there to pick up.

It's ok to draft a kicker for the next 10 years.

I'm thinking playoffs and Myers led the league in missed XP's.