Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...are we rolling with Myers as our kicker in 2016?

Or do we pull the trigger in the 4th round on the FSU kicker?

I would say 5th round but I don't think we risk it.

I would like to trade back in the 4th round so we can still use our original 4th pick on a need.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd take Aguayo in the 6th round if he is there, but doubt he falls there.

Probably bring in UDFA's to compete with Myers.
Shock the world

Id stock with Myers. He has a bigger leg than any of the kickers coming out. I think the missed PAT was more mental, it was just in his head after the first few missed imo. I think the Bal game he got the monkey off his back and can move foward

He really wasn't that bad last year. He started out rough, but was kicking well by seasons end.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 12:41 AM by Jagwired'd.)

I really would not be opposed to picking Aguayo pretty much at any point after the 3rd round.

THAT'S how much I don't want to see Myers take the field for us again.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Just hope that he can correct the thing with the PAT as the 15-yard is here to stay unfortunately.

Quote:I really would not be opposed to picking Aguayo pretty much at any point after the 3rd round.

THAT'S how much I don't want to see Myers take the field for us again.

If we can get a CB, DE, LB, and a Center, then I'm fine with them drafting a kicker to compete.

Myers doesn't have my confidence as a kicker going into the playoffs.

Quote:If we can get a CB, DE, LB, and a Center, then I'm fine with them drafting a kicker to compete.

Myers doesn't have my confidence as a kicker going into the playoffs.

Ugh, good point. Myers in the playoffs freaks me out.
Shock the world

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some competition brought in whether it be from the kid from FSU or elsewhere, especially since the rumor about us floating a Scobee return last year were going around.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Dave and Gus both seem high on Myers, he will most likely be our kicker next season.

Quote:Dave and Gus both seem high on Myers, he will most likely be our kicker next season.

They always say stuff like that and I don't think they'll draft a kicker, but Dave I'm sure wants better.

Meyers has the highest FG % of any kicker in team history
GO Jaguars
;

I hope so.

He missed a couple big ones .. good I say.  Best to get them out of the way in the throw away season.  Those days are behind us forever I hope..  All hail, and thanks to the Great Khan and his most excellent minion Dave.

A kicker is like a team's secret family recipe..  they should be nurtured and kept around forever if they have the right stuff. 

As far as I am concerned the 'misses' last year were as much function of the NAYSAYERS on this board who bring their bad-luck NEGATIVE-WAVES during the games no less!!!  Criticize and call for heads all you like after the game-clock winds down to zero, but not a fraction of a second before!!

The 'kick' in an important moment is about more than merely the kicker and his leg.  It is a collective moment of energy for everyone with a stake in the outcome.  Jason Myers himself is merely the conduit to channel our hopes toward.  

I believe in him..   He has my 100% support.  I hope he learns to kick with such consistency that we can call him our own "Automatica" for the next 18-20 years..

No matter what true competition needs to be brought in.  If he wins the starting job then great.  If he doesn't then he wasn't cut out for it anyway.

Bring in UDFA to compete. Any good special team coaches can fix his PAT problem. In addition, as good as the Jags offense is going to be, they might as well go for two instead of PAT.

I think he earned a shot at least. Big leg, made some clutch kicks. Hopefully he gets over the extra point problems.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Is it just Jaguars fans that are bitter and quick to call for people's heads or is it every fan base?

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 12:40 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Is it just Jaguars fans that are bitter and quick to call for people's heads or is it every fan base?
Lol welcome to sports.

I doubt they're happy with Meyes, but luckily you don't need to draft a kicker for him to be good.

They will draft/sign another kicker, let them compete, and pick the better player.

See Josh Scobee.

I mean.... This board never ceases to amaze me.

Aguayo isn't even that good. He's not some world beater kicker here. Myers drilled some big kicks for us. Including the Baltimore game. He also missed some kicks but drafting a kicker? Get real. How about Dave continues drafting well in the later rounds on real positions of need. Telvin, Greene, Denard were all 5th round picks and some of you want to draft a kicker?

It's a kicker.

"Man our punting was bad last year... Maybe we should draft a punter? That kid from Cal has some leg on him. We should get him"

Never. Ever draft a kicker. If you don't like the one you got, get one of the street like Pittsburgh did.