Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joeckel on the trade block?

It sounds like the Jaguars said they intend to decline his 5th year option, and the T-U is jumping the gun about this suggesting he's on the trade block when all it really means is they don't intend to keep him next year. This doesn't mean a trade is impossible, but Caldwell has to realize the value in having legit depth at LT.

Given Beachum's health, don't expect Joekel to be traded ahead of this year's draft. If there is a trade to be made, think mid-October.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Expect to draft Tunsil if he is there.

Maybe Joeckel will come to camp as a total beast.  He does have some size and athleticism, only lacking strength.  Maybe with another offseason in the weight room he can hold the edge against bull rushes.  He's certainly got all the motivation he might need. 

Doubt he is traded till Meachum is actually healthy. That would be a big risk, unless they feel its necessary to draft a LT at some point. 

Quote:I heard the Marriott had serious interest in Luke for their front entrance

They are installing turnstiles at the Marriott?
No commercial messages in sigs

If they trade him, my gut says it would be during the season, and once they get comfortable with Beachum (recovery and performance).

If they trade him Caldwell basically would be admitting he screwed up with that draft pick.. And i doubt Caldwell wants to be wrong. So he will stay..

Quote:I heard the Marriott had serious interest in Luke for their front entrance

So you figure we trade him to the Marriott so the team can stay at their hotels for free during away games? Is there a Marriott in London?

'02

Quote:Honestly he's underwhelmed for a #2 overall pick, but it was an underwhelming draft so we can hardly consider him to be Tony Mandarich. (hindsight says draft Ansah and pay Monroe who we had at the time) we still shouldn't trade him though, especially considering his injury his rookie year, change in blocking scheme/coaching changes and we have to consider that it took Monroe about 3 years to become solid as well, a lot of people regarded Monroe the same way they regard Luke atm, i think Eugene is/was a better player but it does go to show that we shouldn't write someone off too soon, I think this is the "prove it" year for Joeckel, now that theres competition at his spot for the first time since his rookie year we'll see what he can do; i expect him to be given every opportunity, it's up to him to make something of it.
Lol i don't even want to remember that trade. I was against it from the start and we didn't even get any good picks.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Yeah, that's why we're declining the fifth year option...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Expect to draft Tunsil if he is there.

They should have a camera in BB5 living room if that happens. Will probably do cartwheels.

I know just about anything is possible, but this just sounds unlikely. If we did trade him, hopefully it will be for someone who is actually healthy and not someone who is gimped up and won't be much help for a year or so.

Quote:If they trade him Caldwell basically would be admitting he screwed up with that draft pick.. And i doubt Caldwell wants to be wrong. So he will stay..

Using that logic Gerhart would still be here because Dave is the one who signed him as a FA. GM's aren't going to always hit on their picks and they know that. The fact that Dave signed Beachum who could be a franchise LT is the only thing that matters if Joeckel sucks. Getting the right guys is all that matters. You're only as good as your next move. 

Quote:Expect to draft Tunsil if he is there.

I dont see him there at pick 5 overall, but maybe next year when they dont have Luke...

Quote:I dont see him there at pick 5 overall, but maybe next year when they dont have Luke...
Hopefully Beachum can be the guy and we can just sign the 4 year option

Doesn't Joeckel provide some value as a swing tackle that can backup (albeit not well) both LT and RT?

Quote:Doesn't Joeckel provide some value as a swing tackle that can backup (albeit not well) both LT and RT?

What value do you really provide when you are on your [BLEEP] half time?

Quote:If they trade him Caldwell basically would be admitting he screwed up with that draft pick.. And i doubt Caldwell wants to be wrong. So he will stay..

Seems harsh, surely Caldwell is allowed the odd duff pick, I appreciate it was a #2 but he's brought in ARob, Linder, Bortles, Cann, Smith, Yeldon and hopefully Fowler will be added to his list of draft hits.

Pretty bad when you are trying to find a natural position for your #2 draft pick. Maybe he can play fullback? 

Quote:Pretty bad when you are trying to find a natural position for your #2 draft pick. Maybe he can play fullback? 
He's tall.  Does he have good hands?  We can always use another TE / H Back.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]