Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart Cut

Quote:By far, the worst FA signing in a long time.

I disagree with this statement 91%

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:By far, the worst FA signing in a long time.
Zane Beadles was signed that same year. Just sayin'.

He was brought here because it was thought that, as a result of little playing time in Minnesotta, that inspite of his age, he would have 'fresh legs'. He was hoped to be a 'power running back' who could compensate for our weak offensive line and be able to grind out tough yardage. Regretably, due to injuries that he sustained early on in his time here (along with the afore mentioned weak o-line), he was really never able to effectively produce the results that had been hoped for. His failure to grind out one yard after four tries in a row during one game and the acquisition of better talent sealed his fate. He really should have been released before now.

Nevertheless, I wish the man well. Good bye and good luck.

I think it's interesting that during Thursday's media availability (at about 11:30 in the video), Caldwell mentioned that Toby wasn't let go because of Chris Ivory, but because "he (sloby) wanted to see what the market was going to be".

Is there really any market for him?

Crazy thing is 90% of the people on the MB was all for Gerhart... I was one of the only ones maybe except TMD that said this was a bad move.. Smh now look at yall..

Quote:Crazy thing is 90% of the people on the MB was all for Gerhart... I was one of the only ones maybe except TMD that said this was a bad move.. Smh now look at yall..
Well done you? Are we such terrible people for hoping the guys we bring in pan out?

Quote:He was brought here because it was thought that, as a result of little playing time in Minnesotta, that inspite of his age, he would have 'fresh legs'. He was hoped to be a 'power running back' who could compensate for our weak offensive line and be able to grind out tough yardage. Regretably, due to injuries that he sustained early on in his time here (along with the afore mentioned weak o-line), he was really never able to effectively produce the results that had been hoped for. His failure to grind out one yard after four tries in a row during one game and the acquisition of better talent sealed his fate. He really should have been released before now.

Nevertheless, I wish the man well. Good bye and good luck.

It's hard to get that yard when the hole is plugged with Alualu's fat [BLEEP].

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Well done you? Are we such terrible people for hoping the guys we bring in pan out?

Yes, you should always root for the team to fail so that you can look smart on the message board. That's what True Fans do!

What's best is if he pulls a Forsett and has big success the next year, that way you can flip flop and lament how stupid the team was for letting him go just before he got good. That's a double shot of Super Fandom.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yes, you should always root for the team to fail so that you can look smart on the message board. That's what True Fans do!

What's best is if he pulls a Forsett and has big success the next year, that way you can flip flop and lament how stupid the team was for letting him go just before he got good. That's a double shot of Super Fandom.

I wouldn't worry about that.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:This is a necessary move for us, Toby never was the back that we needed him to be. But guys, don't shred the man. He did his best, had a good work ethic. It's management's fault for calling him Marshawn Lynch, and continuing to try and make it work, and be that workhorse. Never really happened here, but wish him the best.
Dave said he wanted to test the market so it was a mutual breakup!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I actually feel like he just never got it going...injuries etc etc...he had the potential

Adios your slowness.  :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I wouldn't worry about that.
Have to call you out.

You might want to refer to:

Love your neighbor as yourself

The unnecessary venom you bring makes you much less of a person

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

He was awful at Stanford and Vikings. Did we expect different here

Quote:Crazy thing is 90% of the people on the MB was all for Gerhart... I was one of the only ones maybe except TMD that said this was a bad move.. Smh now look at yall..

When you call every move the Jags make a bad one, you're bound to be right once. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 11:06 AM by HeadSlap.)

Quote:Crazy thing is 90% of the people on the MB was all for Gerhart... I was one of the only ones maybe except TMD that said this was a bad move.. Smh now look at
OK, The wolf showed up this time. You got it right.

But, you have cried Wolf so many times it shouldn't surprise you that no one is listening.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

There were folks on this board talking about Slowby being a 1500 yard rusher.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Buuwwwaaaaaa :woot: :woot: . If ya gotta say you the man................you ain't the man. Do Boy want's a cookie. Now look at you!! All clowned up.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

But he's only garbage because he's injured, anyone that can't see it is an idiot

-Apologist 

Quote:There were folks on this board talking about Slowby being a 1500 yard rusher.

Maybe if he got about 5 more years here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.