Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How would you convince Irvin to come here instead of Atlanta?

Quote:Ok buddy I hope you're right.

Most people still see the Jaguars as a joke, that's all I'm saying. Until we start winning football games, they have every right.

No problem, bud.

You keep letting other fans (who are probably fair weather anyways) dictate your feelings. I'll use my eyes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No problem, bud.

You keep letting other fans (who are probably fair weather anyways) dictate your feelings. I'll use my eyes.

No need to get smart with me.

My eyes tell me this team has improved on offense but overall still sucks.

At what point do we stop just looking at improvement and start looking at the record?

My eyes tell me that although we have improved, a lot of the numbers we have been putting up are inflated.

AROB is a bonafide stud. Hurns is a fan favorite and also very solid.

Bortles shows promise, as does Yeldon.

We have some very nice pieces.

Almost every team has some very nice pieces, that is my point.

If you think a free agent from Seattle will be more impressed by those guys I mentioned than:

Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Devonta Freeman

That is your opinion. I don't believe they will be.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No need to get smart with me.

At what point do we stop just looking at improvement and start looking at the record?

My eyes tell me that although we have improved, a lot of the numbers we have been putting up are inflated.

If you think a free agent from Seattle will be more impressed by those guys I mentioned than:

You quoted someone who said we had more upside and were on the rise.

Don't see how you can't see that Bortles, Yeldon, ARob/Hurns don't have more upside than Ryan, Jones, and Freeman.

We finally have an offense that can compete and throw the ball around. If you even get our putrid defense to average then we are in the playoffs. Heck we were a missed kick and botched snap away this year.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 11:01 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

You better get that glaucoma treated rather quickly.
You better get that glaucoma treated rather quickly.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

[Image: WHEN-MONEY-TALKS-DETAIL1-e1300349201586.jpg]

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

How do we convince Irvin to come here? 

Put him in a room with Gus Bradley.   Then offer him the most money.    Those two things will seal the deal.  

Have Gus give his sales pitch with Whitney Cowart slowly eating a lollipop just behind his bald head. Bruce won't hear a word Gus says, but he will wanna stay right where he is.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Why would anyone be impressed with Matt Ryan? One minute he looks like he could be the next elite QB, and the next minute he's throwing his team out of the game with 3-4 INTs.

Quote:Why would anyone be impressed with Matt Ryan? One minute he looks like he could be the next elite QB, and the next minute he's throwing his team out of the game with 3-4 INTs.
This was my thought too. Matty ice hasn't been relevant for a few seasons now. Julio is the one saving him and freeman loosens the running game so he's not pressured to throw as much.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Why would anyone be impressed with Matt Ryan? One minute he looks like he could be the next elite QB, and the next minute he's throwing his team out of the game with 3-4 INTs.
this isnt any different from blake

were about equal to falcons aa far as pieces we just have a worse rep. You guys are putting entirely too much stock in us having a competent offense lol.

Quote:were about equal to falcons aa far as pieces we just have a worse rep. You guys are putting entirely too much stock in us having a competent offense lol.
exactly.

it's one thing to be a fan, it's another to bash Matt Ryan in favor of Bortles.  Bortles has shown great potential, but I think he leads the league in Pick 6's since 2014.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:this isnt any different from blake

2nd year QB vs a 9th year QB. 

I would expect some mistakes like Blake made from a second year QB. There's no excuse for Matt Ryan to still make the mistakes he makes as a 9th year QB.

Money almost always talks. Unless you're Cobb and McCourty.

The Falcons weren't playing from behind most of the year either. Bortles was trying to make plays, Ryan just doesn't have that great vision anymore.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:How do we convince Irvin to come here?

Put him in a room with Gus Bradley. Then offer him the most money. Those two things will seal the deal.
He already knows Gus. He doesn't need to be in a room with him.

Irvin probably knows more about this team and defense than any other FA. If he wants the money and the scheme, he will come here.

Blake isn't entering his 9th season.

I'm not sure how we can compete with living "in the mountains in Atlanta", but I'll give it a try...  Cash, and lots of it.

Quote:I'm not sure how we can compete with living "in the mountains in Atlanta", but I'll give it a try... Cash, and lots of it.

How about at the beach in Jacksonville?

The Stache