Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How would you convince Irvin to come here instead of Atlanta?

That is, if it comes down between the Jags and Falcons.

Both teams have head coaches who were his DCs in Seattle.  I believe Irvin is from the Atlanta area.

As a Jags fan, here's what I would say.

1. The Jags have a brighter future than the Falcons.  Panthers are going to dominate that division for years to come. Matt Ryan is a good QB, but he's peaked.  Bortles is on the rise.

2. We've got more money.  And in Florida, there's no state income tax. 

3.  Live on the beach in Jax area, or in the mountains in Atlanta. To me, that's a no-brainer.

4. While ATL area is your hometown, Jax is a lot closer to ATL than SEA was. From Jax, it's less than an hour to ATL in your lear jet.  Or five hours to Atlanta in your Porsche.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The whole "jacksonville is an up and coming team" is just garbage to most people.

They see that we have sucked for the last 5 years consistently.

The best bet is

A) scheme fit

B) guaranteed money

C) state income tax

D) Florida is nice to live in

E) still close to home in Atlanta
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

$$$

Hope he likes ice cream!
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Make it rain.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:Hope he likes ice cream!

I hope you like tired old jokes.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 10:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

But could you convince the 95-96 Bulls to come here?

Maybe a grass playing surface would appeal to him.

You know its all about money if the Jags or Atl is in play. If he wants a championship, I'm pretty sure there's some other teams with a much better chance at him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

On the flipside there's a good chance his buddy Gus is gone next season and he'll have a new scheme and new coach to deal with.

I do think the up and coming team argument has merit.  The offense is nearly fixed, and it's explosive.  After free agency and the draft, you won't recognize this defense from last year.

4years 50mil

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

we have a lot more upside. We are a team on the rise. 

Quote:we have a lot more upside. We are a team on the rise.

Says who?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Says who?

Anyone with eyes and a decent working brain?

Money.  That's all.  Everything else is secondary and only a factor if the money is the same.  

Quote:Anyone with eyes and a decent working brain?

We were on the rise the past 6 years.

Quote:Anyone with eyes and a decent working brain?

I have eyes and a decent working brain. Almost every team can claim as much.

We have some nice offensive pieces but the fact is we managed to go 5-11 playing injured QBs if not backup QBs most of the year.

Quote:I have eyes and a decent working brain. Almost every team can claim as much.

We have some nice offensive pieces but the fact is we managed to go 5-11 playing injured QBs if not backup QBs most of the year.

If you couldn't see that this team is in the rise then I don't know what to tell you. Has there ever been an offense with as many young players as we had put up those type of numbers?

If we even get a decent defense fielded, watch out.

Quote:If you couldn't see that this team is in the rise then I don't know what to tell you. Has there ever been an offense with as many young players as we had put up those type of numbers?

If we even get a decent defense fielded, watch out.

Ok buddy I hope you're right.

Most people still see the Jaguars as a joke, that's all I'm saying. Until we start winning football games, they have every right.