Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beards

Gotta trim the hedges every now and then...it's the right thing to do.

Wait, are y'all talking about facial hair?

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Stop kissin squid and you won't have suction cup marks all on your face..
Stop talking about your mom like that, she's a lovely lady with a technique that is both gentle and thorough. 

Quote:Stop talking about your mom like that, she's a lovely lady with a technique that is both gentle and thorough.

My momma ain't no squid..

That woman would prolly stab you in the eye with a spork.. She's a bit on the unstable side. .
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'm 29, I have a well groomed beard, about a half inch long. Properly cleaned up around the neck, mouth, etc. I wear dark rimmed glasses and have a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm.

I look like I'm still in high school when I clean shave. Pretty much everyone except my mom acknowledges I look better with facial hair.

Give me a properly tailored slim fitting pair of pants with a half break over a pair of "relaxed fit" jeans any day. There's no shame in wearing clothes that actually fit. I wear slim cut jeans over straight/boot cut because they fit. A baggy pair of pants/jeans just screams sloppy to me.

Marty mentioned a well groomed beard and retro glasses as a follower not a leader, well I respectfully disagree. Corporate America is full of the clean shaven, straight cut guys. That screams follower to me more than well groomed beard and dark rim glasses.

My beard has actually helped improve my first impressions with co-workers/customers/leaders. I've been promoted twice in the past year and am in the process of obtaining a new degree to move further up the ladder.

Sorry rant over lol I just get a little pissy when I get lumped into stereotypes.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm 29, I have a well groomed beard, about a half inch long. Properly cleaned up around the neck, mouth, etc. I wear dark rimmed glasses and have a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm.

I look like I'm still in high school when I clean shave. Pretty much everyone except my mom acknowledges I look better with facial hair.

Give me a properly tailored slim fitting pair of pants with a half break over a pair of "relaxed fit" jeans any day. There's no shame in wearing clothes that actually fit. I wear slim cut jeans over straight/boot cut because they fit. A baggy pair of pants/jeans just screams sloppy to me.

Marty mentioned a well groomed beard and retro glasses as a follower not a leader, well I respectfully disagree. Corporate America is full of the clean shaven, straight cut guys. That screams follower to me more than well groomed beard and dark rim glasses.

My beard has actually helped improve my first impressions with co-workers/customers/leaders. I've been promoted twice in the past year and am in the process of obtaining a new degree to move further up the ladder.

Sorry rant over lol I just get a little pissy when I get lumped into stereotypes.

So in other words... you're a hipster.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have always had a mustache ever since I was in high school.  I've grown beards out after I got out of the Navy a few times, but ended up shaving them off because the maintenance to make them look and feel right got to be too much.

Just recently (since the start of the new year) I grew a goatee.  My wife and co-workers tell me that it makes me "look my age" since the white dominates the black in it.  I really don't care, it's just something that I decided to to because...  When I get tired of it I'll shave it off and go back to just a mustache.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So in other words... you're a hipster.

I don't drink PBR or listen to all my music on vinyl though. And 90% of my wardrobe isn't plaid. I also think vaping is dumb.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I have always had a mustache ever since I was in high school. I've grown beards out after I got out of the Navy a few times, but ended up shaving them off because the maintenance to make them look and feel right got to be too much.

Just recently (since the start of the new year) I grew a goatee. My wife and co-workers tell me that it makes me "look my age" since the white dominates the black in it. I really don't care, it's just something that I decided to to because... When I get tired of it I'll shave it off and go back to just a mustache.

Is that racist?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Is that racist?

Someone call Al..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

My salt has overtaken the pepper in my goatee.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Hasn't this about run its course?   Hasn't this beard thing become a cliche'?   So many guys are looking exactly alike these days.   The beard, the flat retro sunglasses, all these guys look alike.  

I'm watching the PGA Tour, and so many of these guys are indistinguishable.  Beard, Titleist hat, sunglasses. 

Isn't it about time guys started shaving again?  
So what you are saying is you can't grow a beard?   :teehee:

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I see a 20-something guy with the well trimmed beard and the retro sunglasses, and I think, that is not a leader.   That is a follower.  He wants to fit in. 

Then I see any guy with the long Duck Dynasty style beard and I think, geez, is he channeling some Civil War Confederate general?  Hey, buddy, you're late for the battle of Gettysburg!   We lost! 

Do people really enjoy tasting their soup 3 hours later?   What's the deal?   Shouldn't this beard fad be over now?  
My 36 year old brother never grew a beard until a few years back. He became best friends with a SPEC OPS guy who deploys a lot, and is friends with several others. They always grow facial hair so my brother started growing a beard every time they would deploy as a reminder to himself of where they are and their sacrifice of being away from their families. His gets scraggly even though he keeps it clean. Thankfully he recently shaved it down to a close shave even though a few buddies are deployed. I suspect his employer insisted on it even though they understood and appreciated why he grew it.

My husband is 45 and can't grow a full face beard to save his life. He has a nice goatee though, which I like. Once in a while he gets funky and does a Tony Stark with it.

Quote:Is that racist?

LOL.  It might be to some that are easily triggered.

Quote:My 36 year old brother never grew a beard until a few years back. He became best friends with a SPEC OPS guy who deploys a lot, and is friends with several others. They always grow facial hair so my brother started growing a beard every time they would deploy as a reminder to himself of where they are and their sacrifice of being away from their families. His gets scraggly even though he keeps it clean. Thankfully he recently shaved it down to a close shave even though a few buddies are deployed. I suspect his employer insisted on it even though they understood and appreciated why he grew it.

My husband is 45 and can't grow a full face beard to save his life. He has a nice goatee though, which I like. Once in a while he gets funky and does a Tony Stark with it.

I'll bet that you like when he "gets funky with it" for other reasons too.   :teehee:

I travel up north a lot.  I grow a winter beard every year starting on November 1st.  I just recently shaved it off.  Nothing hip about mined at all.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Gotta trim the hedges every now and then...it's the right thing to do.

Wait, are y'all talking about facial hair?

Trimmed hedges are definitely nice on a woman.

Quote:I'm 29, I have a well groomed beard, about a half inch long. Properly cleaned up around the neck, mouth, etc. I wear dark rimmed glasses and have a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm.

Nothing wrong at all with slim fit if you have the body for it, it's those skin tight pants I don't understand.

Also, agreed on the half break - bunches of ankle fabric is less than ideal.

I don't wear boot cut anything and I actually wear boots every day.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 03:31 PM by realtorpat.)

i can only grow like 1/3rd of a beard.  My mustache and chin come in fine but all along my jawline it barely grows and the center of my mustache doesn't grow anything and my chin and my mustache does not connect next to my lips.  Basically it just becomes a big mess of not really coming together at all.

But ya I wish the beard people would realize how stupid this has gotten.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I'll bet that you like when he "gets funky with it" for other reasons too.   :teehee:
I will never tell.  Ninja

Quote:Nothing wrong at all with slim fit if you have the body for it, it's those skin tight pants I don't understand.

Also, agreed on the half break - bunches of ankle fabric is less than ideal.

I don't wear boot cut anything and I actually wear boots every day.
What the heck is a half break?