Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack has Voided his Contract

Also, Mack was having a monster year pre-injury in the ZBS. He is an athletic center and not a mauler.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, Mack was a first team all_pro in a power scheme so he seemed to do sorta ok in it.

Mack started the year rough and his play came on by the end of the season. Thatd normal for a player coming off a season long injury. He still played better than Wiz and he still made the pro bowl.

Quote:Well, Mack was a first team all_pro in a power scheme so he seemed to do sorta ok in it.

Mack started the year rough and his play came on by the end of the season. Thatd normal for a player coming off a season long injury. He still played better than Wiz and he still made the pro bowl.

He made the pro bowl on name alone. He was all pro when Norv was there in a power scheme because they threw the ball a ton. They couldn't run at all. Mack can relatively do well pass blocking still but running in a power scheme does not work for him. He gets bullied.

I think if he signs, people will realize he is an overpaid lateral move from Wiz. Caldwell needs to draft a kid or look in another direction.

Quote:Well, Mack was a first team all_pro in a power scheme so he seemed to do sorta ok in it.

This is what Browns fans said to me when I asked about him on a Browns board.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If he signs and does great, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. However, his play to this point tells me otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:This is what Browns fans said to me when I asked about him on a Browns board.

Read some of the latest banter about Mack. No one will be singing the blues. Look at the running stats for the interior line.

Quote:He made the pro bowl on name alone. He was all pro when Norv was there in a power scheme because they threw the ball a ton. They couldn't run at all. Mack can relatively do well pass blocking still but running in a power scheme does not work for him. He gets bullied.

Wasn't the QB Jason Cambell and RB Montario Hardesty? He made all pro in spite of them, not because of them.

You need to watch more centers I think. They all get bullied. A 300 pound center usually can't snap the ball and then get movement against a 350 pound 0Tech. That's why a center doubles most of the time except in blitz pickup.

Quote:Wasn't the QB Jason Cambell and RB Montario Hardesty? He made all pro in spite of them, not because of them.

You need to watch more centers I think. They all get bullied. A 300 pound center usually can't snap the ball and then get movement against a 350 pound 0Tech. That's why a center doubles most of the time except in blitz pickup.

They passed the ball well and blocked well with Campbell, Hoyer, and Weeden playing tht year. They could not run block to save their life.

I am familiar with how football works. Getting walked into your QB does not happen all the time as a center unless you stink.

For the money he will now demand, there are better options.

Is he free to sign now or does he have to wait until March 9th like everyone else?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Is he free to sign now or does he have to wait until March 9th like everyone else?

I believe that is the earliest they can sign.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 03:46 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Is he free to sign now or does he have to wait until March 9th like everyone else?

Wow i didnt even think of this question. I would assume he can sign now. Maybe thats why we havent re-signed Wiz because they knew this was happening.

That's a valid question since opting out of a contract like that doesn't normally happen.

If I had to guess, he would have to wait.

This is different from Mario Williams, who had years remaining on his contract and he was released.

Alex Mack had an opt out provision written into his contract, which he exercised, which allowed him to go to free agency.  But I believe he will have to wait a week to sign like most free agents.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:How would you know if he missed assignments? Do you know the offensive line assignments for particular plays and situations for the Cleveland Browns?

The only people who would know if he missed assignments are the Cleveland coaches. And I don't think you are one of those.

Thank you.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If I had to guess, he would have to wait.

This is different from Mario Williams, who had years remaining on his contract and he was released.

Alex Mack had an opt out provision written into his contract, which he exercised, which allowed him to go to free agency.  But I believe he will have to wait a week to sign like most free agents.

You're correct, he has to wait until March 9th.

I remember thinking Mawae was spent when he left the Jets, but he ended up playing a few good years in Tenn. Maybe Mack can do something similar.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I remember thinking Mawae was spent when he left the Jets, but he ended up playing a few good years in Tenn. Maybe Mack can do something similar.

If he signs with the Jags, I certainly hope so but I am skeptical.

Quote:If he signs with the Jags, I certainly hope so but I am skeptical.

Yea, I remember you saying all year that he wasn't playing well and I wasn't watching Browns games like you, so, do you think he be better than what we have?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus