Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Mack has Voided his Contract

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/705085648684724224' title="12:41 PM - 2 Mar 2016">3m3 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Browns C Alex Mack has voided the final 3 years of his deal, source says. Will be a free agent next week but return to CLE still possible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

sure let's pay him

I don't think we go after him...I'll be surprised if we do.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM by J-Mizzal.)

I think he is the Julius Thomas of this FA class, he will def be a Jag, I dont see why he would change his mind about wanting to be here and we have a hole at C. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I don't think we go after him...I'll be surprised if we do.

This, i think we will pass on him this time around.

Quote:This, i think we will pass on him this time around.
Why do you guys think that?

His contract was set up so we can get him again if the Browns matched, we still need a C. This talk about moving Cann or Linder to center is more of not showing your hand and keeping your options open.

He is only 30 and as we know by Messter a center can play til they are in their late 30's, we showed him love before no reason to think we will pass this time with even more money

All depends on how we feel about moving Cann or Linder to C and which guard we can get in FA I think.  He would definitely be better than Bowanko.

I have no reason to think this, but my gut is telling me that exact opposite.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 02:01 PM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:Why do you guys think that?

His contract was set up so we can get him again if the Browns matched, we still need a C. This talk about moving Cann or Linder to center is more of not showing your hand and keeping your options open.

He is only 30 and as we know by Messter a center can play til they are in their late 30's, we showed him love before no reason to think we will pass this time with even more money
Because he played like dog turds and it wasnt just the physical aspect coming back from injuries. Blown assignments and stepping on the guards' feet, causing them to get ran over. I had the misfortune of watching that horror show every Sunday.

I really hope the Jags and Browns both let him slip away.

I think by Gus/Dave not provided a more concrete decision on C, no re-sign of Wiz, and the talks of signing older vets, this is a sign that Mack could be headed here. He might be re-signing with CLE, but I don't think the difference would be there to leave the current contract if a move wasn't imenent.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Because he played like dog turds and it wasnt just the physical aspect coming back from injuries. Blown assignments and stepping on the guards' feet, causing them to get ran over. I had the misfortune of watching that horror show every Sunday.

I really hope the Jags and Browns both let him slip away.

But if he was coming back from injurying wouldnt that have something to do with his poor play, he should be healthy this year. Also the browns having crap QB play and Johnny Drunk to snap to could have something to do with that.

Quote:But if he was coming back from injurying wouldnt that have something to do with his poor play, he should be healthy this year. Also the browns having crap QB play and Johnny Drunk to snap to could have something to do with that.

It wasn't a brain injury. I could give him a break on getting flattened periodically but he also missed assignments and caused his teammates to get beat.

disagree...I think when we went after him before, they knew that the Browns would match the offer, so they set the deal up to be able to grab him this year

Quote:It wasn't a brain injury. I could give him a break on getting flattened periodically but he also missed assignments and caused his teammates to get beat.

Was there any discussion or idea on why that was happening so much last season? He was pretty much the standard bearer for consistent high level play at center the few seasons prior to last.

Quote:Was there any discussion or idea on why that was happening so much last season? He was pretty much the standard bearer for consistent high level play at center the few seasons prior to last.

He took well to the ZBS and was the brains of the o-line under Little Shanny. Flip went to a power scheme and that is not built to Mack's strengths at all. I dont know why that would cause mental errors but they were common last season.

Flip ran an offense very similar to what the Jags ran and the interior running game took a dump.

Quote:It wasn't a brain injury. I could give him a break on getting flattened periodically but he also missed assignments and caused his teammates to get beat.

How would you know if he missed assignments?   Do you know the offensive line assignments for particular plays and situations for the Cleveland Browns?  

The only people who would know if he missed assignments are the Cleveland coaches.   And I don't think you are one of those.  

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016, 02:42 PM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:How would you know if he missed assignments? Do you know the offensive line assignments for particular plays and situations for the Cleveland Browns?

The only people who would know if he missed assignments are the Cleveland coaches. And I don't think you are one of those.
Well, I am not John Madden but when the center reacts late and watches a blitzing linebacker or a DT run by untouched, I think he missed his assignment. Having Joe Thomas and Mitchell Schwartz console Mack after said play would tell me he was the guy who screwed up.

Context clues are silly.

Quote:He took well to the ZBS and was the brains of the o-line under Little Shanny. Flip went to a power scheme and that is not built to Mack's strengths at all. I dont know why that would cause mental errors but they were common last season.

Mack's best season was in a power scheme the year before he was injured.

Mack came on at the end of the season and was still better than Wiz even coming off an injury.

Quote:Mack's best season was in a power scheme the year before he was injured.

Mack came on at the end of the season and was still better than Wiz even coming off an injury.

Watch the games. Mack did not play well all year. Of all things, the interior line play got better when they ran behind Austin Pasztor. They played him at backup guard.