Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Transactions, cuts...

This could be similar to the Red Bryant situation a few years back. Seattle cut him and then we signed him off the street in like the first week of March.

Getting Mario will give us a nice little head start to the offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This could be similar to the Red Bryant situation a few years back. Seattle cut him and then we signed him off the street in like the first week of March.

Getting Mario will give us a nice little head start to the offseason.

I just assume Mario will work the market a little bit. He has far more value than Red Bryant did.

Yea I would bring in Mario Williams right now, bringing him in wont effect what you do in FA or the draft, what it does is insure you have a proven guy if you strike out in both. You can never have too many pass rushers.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I just assume Mario will work the market a little bit. He has far more value than Red Bryant did.

No doubt, I was inferring the situation is similar in that we could potentially sign him before FA officially begins like we did with Big Red.

Part of me thinks that he will stay on the market into the FA period.

Part of me is beginning to think the article I cited is bogus.  I have seen no reputable source reference the Williams release today.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I know this one will deliver me a forum stoning death, but here goes...

Miami will likely be releasing Quinton Coples, scheduled to make nearly $8m.  He underperformed with the Jets, and was released following a team flight incident.  Some think he was a miscast in the Jet's 3-4, as he does not do well inside and stunk as a LB trying to drop into coverage.  The Dolphins picked him up off waivers at the end of November, and he basically sat the bench the remainder of the season.  The Dolphins, with their cap issues, are not going to pay him his $8m 5th year option that they inherited from the Jets.    

Coples is a 6'5 291 lb defensive end, that was a 1st round draft choice in 2012.  In 2014, his 3rd season with the Jets, he had 6.5 sacks and seemed to be trending up.  He's young at 25 with potential, if someone can get him motivated (bring in the Gus juice).  I would imagine he will be able to be signed pretty inexpensively, and would be a gamble with good upside to play behind Odrick.  Just a thought.            

Quote:I know this one will deliver me a forum stoning death, but here goes...

Miami will likely be releasing Quinton Coples, scheduled to make nearly $8m.  He underperformed with the Jets, and was released following a team flight incident.  Some think he was a miscast in the Jet's 3-4, as he does not do well inside and stunk as a LB trying to drop into coverage.  The Dolphins picked him up off waivers at the end of November, and he basically sat the bench the remainder of the season.  The Dolphins, with their cap issues, are not going to pay him his $8m 5th year option that they inherited from the Jets.    

Coples is a 6'5 291 lb defensive end, that was a 1st round draft choice in 2012.  In 2014, his 3rd season with the Jets, he had 6.5 sacks and seemed to be trending up.  He's young at 25 with potential, if someone can get him motivated (bring in the Gus juice).  I would imagine he will be able to be signed pretty inexpensively, and would be a gamble with good upside to play behind Odrick.  Just a thought.            
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

No, actually, I wouldn't mind it. I want them to bring it allllll the players. 

I agree with Minorcan.

As desperate as we are for quality pass rushers, Coples may be worth a look at a low price.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If signing Williams or Coples frees up picks for other needs, I am square with that.

Quote:Part of me is beginning to think the article I cited is bogus.  I have seen no reputable source reference the Williams release today.
It sure looks like they may have jumped the gun, although there's no doubt Williams is going to be released.

With the cap space this team has, if they think they can re-motivate Williams to give us a year or two of quality pass rushing before he's done, I'm sure a deal can be worked out that doesn't break the bank.  While he wasn't a scheme fit for Rex Ryan's defense, that actually benefits the next team he winds up with because at 31, with his stats falling off the way they did last year, he loses a little bit of leverage in salary negotiations. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You know...I really long for the days where I can look forward to the defense having the opposition in 3rd and long, rather than dreading it.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I agree with Minorcan.

As desperate as we are for quality pass rushers, Coples may be worth a look at a low price.
I'm not mad with the Coples thought at all.

Sometimes, players just need to find their right fit. Jerry Hughes was bad on the Colts but now he's a very good pass rusher for the Bills.

Sign all the pass rushers ever

Miami will likely be releasing Quinton Coples, scheduled to make nearly $8m. He underperformed with the Jets, and was released following a team flight incident. Some think he was a miscast in the Jet's 3-4, as he does not do well inside and stunk as a LB trying to drop into coverage. The Dolphins picked him up off waivers at the end of November, and he basically sat the bench the remainder of the season. The Dolphins, with their cap issues, are not going to pay him his $8m 5th year option that they inherited from the Jets.

Coples is a 6'5 291 lb defensive end, that was a 1st round draft choice in 2012. In 2014, his 3rd season with the Jets, he had 6.5 sacks and seemed to be trending up. He's young at 25 with potential, if someone can get him motivated (bring in the Gus juice). I would imagine he will be able to be signed pretty inexpensively, and would be a gamble with good upside to play behind Odrick. Just a thought.

I thought we should have put in a waiver claim for Coples when the Jets released him last year. I think Miami was ahead of us on the waiver order at the time, so maybe we did. Would be even better to get him for cheap if he is released by the Dolphins.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 02:25 PM by irontrooper83.)

Coples and McCain have been cut by Miami according to nfl.com website. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ice-mccain

Coples doesn't care about football. I'd pass on him and not even flinch.
Shock the world

Quote:Coples doesn't care about football. I'd pass on him and not even flinch.

Same here.

Couples has 16.5 sacks despite not caring about football and being played out of position.

Quote:Couples has 16.5 sacks despite not caring about football and being played out of position.

Which, to be fair, is exactly 2 1/2 more sacks than Andre Branch.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Which, to be fair, is exactly 2 1/2 more sacks than Andre Branch.

Yep that's true but we've seen Branch play at DE and it isn't pretty. Id much rather take a punt on Couples than keep "Windmill" for another year.