Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupor Bowl Food and Drink

Quote:It's ok, our expectations are low.

Actually I live by that. It's easier to surpass them that way.

Now if I could just get off this couch.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bbq nachos are talkin back to me..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Bbq nachos are talkin back to me..

What are they saying?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What are they saying?

"Hope you bought some Charmin"

Chicken fajitas. Zero drinks.

:/

Quote:Chicken fajitas. Zero drinks.

:/

You must be very thirsty.

Did a repeat (sorta) of last year. 

• Put a dozen wings in the smoker and made a Sriracha-Garlic sauce for the grown-ups and a Teriyaki sauce for the little guys. Left some with just the "smoky" flavor on 'em, they're pretty good by themselves.
  • Did jalapenos stuffed with gouda, cream cheese, chorizo and onion. There's always plenty of "stuffing" left over for an over the top queso dip.
  • Black bean salsa. Tried a twist this year and threw in some fresh poblano peppers for a little pop. This is my "snack all day" go to.
  • Coffee cup brownies 'cause you gotta have some sweets.
  • Lots of yeller beers, brought to you by the Girl in the Moon.
  • Manhattan's after dinner to keep it classy.
For the new addition, I bought a rack of spare ribs from the Butcher. I think the guy was upset with me a little bit because he told me he had his eye on them and was going to take them home if I didn't buy 'em. Took my time with them and pulled off the membrane (now that was a pain!) and then dry-brined them. Cooked the rack in the smoker for 5 1/2 hours and mannnnnnn oh man were they good!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Did a repeat (sorta) of last year.

• Put a dozen wings in the smoker and made a Sriracha-Garlic sauce for the grown-ups and a Teriyaki sauce for the little guys. Left some with just the "smoky" flavor on 'em, they're pretty good by themselves.
  • Did jalapenos stuffed with gouda, cream cheese, chorizo and onion. There's always plenty of "stuffing" left over for an over the top queso dip.
  • Black bean salsa. Tried a twist this year and threw in some fresh poblano peppers for a little pop. This is my "snack all day" go to.
  • Coffee cup brownies 'cause you gotta have some sweets.
  • Lots of yeller beers, brought to you by the Girl in the Moon.
  • Manhattan's after dinner to keep it classy.
For the new addition, I bought a rack of spare ribs from the Butcher. I think the guy was upset with me a little bit because he told me he had his eye on them and was going to take them home if I didn't buy 'em. Took my time with them and pulled off the membrane (now that was a pain!) and then dry-brined them. Cooked the rack in the smoker for 5 1/2 hours and mannnnnnn oh man were they good!
Apparently, I went to the wrong party.

Quote:Apparently, I went to the wrong party.

Well, we had a fat girl there.

Her name is Stella, but I call her Biscuits McButterpants 'cause she's so fat. She did love the rib bones though. Poor thing followed me around all day on my back and forth trips to the Smoker.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Well, we had a fat girl there.

Her name is Stella, but I call her Biscuits McButterpants 'cause she's so fat. She did love the rib bones though. Poor thing followed me around all day on my back and forth trips to the Smoker.

That's a little mean...

Quote:That's a little mean...

Sounds more like it was a big mean.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Anyone going all out this year in the kitchen?  I'm not hosting this year and letting others do the food, but I will be bringing ingredients for my version of a jalapeño margarita. 

- Cut one large jalapeño pepper length wise into 5 or 6 strips and drop into a bottle of decent to good silver/blanco tequila the night before. Remove seeds but not the ribs. 

- have about 12-15 fresh limes on hand

- kosher salt to line glass rims

- A gallon of lemonade  (better than sour mix when using fresh lime)

- Cointreau 

- one more jalapeño for garnish

- seltzer for a hint of effervescence

2 oz  -  infused silver/blanco tequila

3/4 oz of cointreau

4 oz lemonade

juice of one lime

2 oz seltzer

shake and pour over ice and garnish with one jalapeño ring and a lime wedge

* if you like it hot - muddle one or two "rings" of jalapeño in the lime juice before adding other ingredients

I try to not pass judgment on other's tastes, but that is margarita overkill for mine.

I do admire your creativity, however.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Well, we had a fat girl there.

She ain't no relayshun.

Fat girls usually do things that skinny girls won't do.. Besides over eat..

Quote:That's a little mean...

Quote:Sounds more like it was a big mean.

Quote:She ain't no relayshun.

Quote:Fat girls usually do things that skinny girls won't do.. Besides over eat..

Siiiigh. :no:

Really guys? You didn't pick up on the bones part? She's a dog. I probably drove the poor thing mad with all of the smells coming out of the kitchen yesterday so I treated her to a few rib bones. After which she scored a choice spot on the couch for her post snack nap.

Quote:Siiiigh. :no:

Really guys? You didn't pick up on the bones part? She's a dog. I probably drove the poor thing mad with all of the smells coming out of the kitchen yesterday so I treated her to a few rib bones. After which she scored a choice spot on the couch for her post snack nap.

I got it...I still think calling her fat was mean. Tongue

I was waiting on this, it was obvious you were talking about your dog. My two pups go into something resembling a nervous breakdown when one thinks the other is getting more than their fair share of food.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I had wings, chilli cheese fries and Sam Adams... it was goooood.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

The party that I crashed was invited to was yummy.  They had baby back ribs and chicken.  My wife made a nice salad.  Another person brought a huge pan of three cheese macaroni and cheese.  And the hostess makes some astounding baked beans (which I stole the recipe for tailgating.  I believe a certain poster here may have sampled them.)  My daughter dabbles in some dessert making part time, and she made some cheesecake bites, gooey peanut butter brownies, and some chocolate covered strawberries.

Other than that, we didn’t have much.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Like I said...