Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will win Super Bowl 50?
Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
[Show Results]

***Official Super Bowl 50 Game Day Thread***

I'm from Colorado so that's one reason I'm rooting for them. The other US to see Manning go out on top. He may have been a pain in our [BLEEP] as a Colt but I somehow respect him anyway.

And as a Jags fan I can't see myself ever, ever rooting for the Panthers. It does not compute.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I personally think having ***official game threads*** is kind of embarrassing. I hope fans of other teams don't see our ***official game threads*** too often. I mean, what makes it official anyway? It's like doing that stupid "move them chains" chant when the Jags are getting beat at home

by 30; It's friggin embarrassing, man.

What?  Those that are in the know, know that the chant is, "moodachay, moodachay, moodachay."

It's science,

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Anyone else think Carolina is about to embarrass Denver?

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016, 03:38 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I'm from Colorado so that's one reason I'm rooting for them. The other US to see Manning go out on top. He may have been a pain in our [BAD WORD REMOVED] as a Colt but I somehow respect him anyway.

And as a Jags fan I can't see myself ever, ever rooting for the Panthers. It does not compute.

Why do you think Jaguars fans have to hate the Panthers? The teams were never rivals. The NFL said it was going to award two cities franchises. We were really fighting against St. Louis, not Charlotte.

Quote:Anyone else think Carolina is about to embarrass Denver?

No way. It will be a close game.

Quote:Why do you think Jaguars fans have to hate the Panthers? The teams were never rivals. Nobody else on this MB hates Carolina just because the two franchises started together. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm guessing you don't know what everyone else on the message board thinks about the Panthers.

Quote:Anyone else think Carolina is about to embarrass Denver?

A small part of me wants to see Jughead go out on top.  I respect Peyton and all he's accomplished.

A large part of me wants to see Cam, Kuechly and the Panthers destroy them on a national stage.  I love Cam Newton and his style of play.  I love that he has fun and shows it. 

In the end, go Jaguars! 

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016, 03:41 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I'm guessing you don't know what everyone else on the message board thinks about the Panthers.

Most people on this board don't say anything about the Panthers except when we play against them every four years.

Quote:Most people on this board don't say anything about the Panthers except when we play against them every four years.

My point remains the same.

Moving on

I look forward to seeing if the Denver defense can get to Cam like they did Brady.  I think they can but I'm not sure it's going to matter.  Cam is just too good right now.

If Denver's defense can get to Cam Newton, obviously it will matter a lot. The problem is they may not be able to get to him enough times because of his running ability.

No, I don't think it will matter a lot.

Nor do I think it's obvious.

Cam is a lot bigger, stronger, more mobile and much more of a running threat than Thomas Brady.

Quote:No way. It will be a close game.

I would love to see a good game. I just don't think it will happen. Peyton is done... Carolina has a few weeks tape of him performing as a shell of his former self, time to fully plan for his weaknesses, and the talent to smother him. The other side of the ball will be a great battle, Denver has a fantastic defense (as you know).

Quote:No, I don't think it will matter a lot.

Nor do I think it's obvious.

Cam is a lot bigger, stronger, more mobile and much more of a running threat than Thomas Brady.

You said "if they get to Cam Newton," right? That means when he is NOT running, the Broncos can hit him hard. Of course I am not saying they will get to him when he runs.

Quote:You said "if they get to Cam Newton," right? That means when he is NOT running, the Broncos can hit him hard. Of course I am not saying they will get to him when he runs.

Just because they get to him, doesn't necessarily mean they can take him down or hit him hard.  Cam is going to be tougher to get to and bring down than Thomas was.  I should have said my words differently but I don't think they can actually effect Cam like they did Thomas.  He's too big, too strong, too athletic etc.

Quote:I would love to see a good game. I just don't think it will happen. Peyton is done... Carolina has a few weeks tape of him performing as a shell of his former self, time to fully plan for his weaknesses, and the talent to smother him. The other side of the ball will be a great battle, Denver has a fantastic defense (as you know).

Carolina has two weeks of tape showing Peyton Manning can still make good plays against tough opponents. He has not turned the ball over in the playoffs yet. They also have seen what the players around him can do. I don't think they are going in expecting to win easily just because Peyton played some bad games in 2015. But obviously I am not fooling myself here. I know Carolina's defense has the edge when Denver has the ball.

Quote:Just because they get to him, doesn't necessarily mean they can take him down or hit him hard.  Cam is going to be tougher to get to and bring down than Thomas was.  I should have said my words differently but I don't think they can actually effect Cam like they did Thomas.  He's too big, too strong, too athletic etc.

That is the first time I have seen someone call Brady Thomas.

Quote:That is the first time I have seen someone call Brady Thomas.

2nd time.  I've done it twice.  :teehee:

Are you guys talking about Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.?  

Quote:No way. It will be a close game.

I think so too, but:

If Denver is getting blown out by halftime,, do the Broncos pull Manning out and install Osweiler to try and "jumpstart" the offense in the 2nd half? I mean,, it IS the Superbowl championship on the line. If I were the coach, I'd consider it.

Pulling out Manning in the Superbowl of what is likely his last game? Idk.

I'd probably do it if I was the coach getting blown out.

Quote:Why do you think Jaguars fans have to hate the Panthers? The teams were never rivals. The NFL said it was going to award two cities franchises. We were really fighting against St. Louis, not Charlotte.
I don't hate the Panthers, I just won't root for them. It has nothing to do with what you mentioned. I just won't root for them.