Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you still root for the Jags (or any other team if they are your favorite) if they relocated to another city?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you still root for the team if the Jags relocated? (MERGED)

It would be so hard to cheer for a team that abandons me. Given I dont live in Jacksonville nor ever been but Ive been a fan since the start because as a kid I liked having my own team that wasnt someone my family liked and ect.

But if the Jags moved Id be heart broken, plus if they changed their name well thats a whole different ball game in my head.

Either way I dont believe I would cheer for them anymore, I do believe the NFL would become less entertaining to me at the point as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But if the Jags moved Id be heart broken, plus if they changed their name well thats a whole different ball game in my head.

Either way I dont believe I would cheer for them anymore, I do believe the NFL would become less entertaining to me at the point as well.
I'd almost prefer the Jaguars (or any team) change their name if they move. Reading about the "London Jaguars" or whatever would tear my heart out.

I said yes because it's the team not the city. I grew up watching this team, invested money into the team, had lots of good and bad memories with the team, and watched Jags and chilled once even with this team. And I watch a lot of football period so I'd never stop watching the NFL either. I love football period.

Nope. I'd go back to being strictly a college fan and I'd say screw the NFL..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'd almost prefer the Jaguars (or any team) change their name if they move. Reading about the "London Jaguars" or whatever would tear my heart out.

If that horrific scenario did eventually happen,  I certainly hope that the Jaguars name, history,  etc.  remains in Jacksonville.  

Quote:If that horrific scenario did eventually happen,  I certainly hope that the Jaguars name, history,  etc.  remains in Jacksonville.  
This^

I'm wondering if the city of St. Louis will claim naming rights to the name "Rams", the logo, etc. Just like Cleveland did with Baltimore in 1996.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 08:33 PM by the Chiefjag.)

I would. And I still pull for all the teams I used to root for when I lived in those cities.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

P.S. except the Cowboys.

Quote:I would. And I still pull for all the teams I used to root for when I lived in those cities.

P.S. except the Cowboys.

Good man

It would probably wane away after some of the current Jags retired/changed teams.

I'd root for the success of guys like Bortles, Robinson, etc... but my loyalty/fandom would only then be with some of the players, not the new team.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I would. And I still pull for all the teams I used to root for when I lived in those cities.

P.S. except the Cowboys.

I somewhat agree with this, since being a transplant made me a Jacksonville fan, but in this hypothetical the team leaves you and not the other way around.

I'd probably find it difficult to continue to embrace the team that left town, but have no issue continuing to follow a team from a place I left.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

No I'd be done with the nfl
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

It don't matter bc we ain't leaving.

Quote:This^

I'm wondering if the city of St. Louis will claim naming rights to the name "Rams", the logo, etc. Just like Cleveland did with Baltimore in 1996.
Doubt it. They were the Los Angeles Rams first.

Quote:I would probably stop watching the NFL all together.
Ditto.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Doubt it. They were the Los Angeles Rams first.

They were the Cleveland Rams first.

Quote:This^

It doesn't look like it,  based on the St. Louis Mayor saying that the city isn't pursuing another team. 

Quote:They were the Cleveland Rams first.

The Cleveland Rams won the NFL Championship in 1945 but that wasn't enough to keep them in Cleveland for the 1946 season.

I'd likely find a new team.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'm a fan of the NFL period.  Having a home team in my city makes it a bonus since I grew up in a state without a team.  That being said, I would still be a fan, but wouldn't really follow the team as closely as I do now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The only reason I am such a huge NFL fan is because Jacksonville was rewarded the team.  Before then, I only had a passing interest at best; now I border on obsessiveness.

If the team moved, I wouldn't follow things nearly as close and would probably not be a fan of any one team.