Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you still root for the Jags (or any other team if they are your favorite) if they relocated to another city?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you still root for the team if the Jags relocated? (MERGED)

With the official news that the Rams are leaving St. Louis for Los Angeles, I can't imagine what fans in St. Louis must be going through. It must be a really sick feeling that you no longer have your favorite NFL team in your city anymore. This got me curious...

If the Jags (or another team that might be your favorite) relocated to another city, would you still be a fan and root for them? Or would you find another team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Voted "No."

I equate that to wife/gf leaving you for someone else. In that case, I'd find a new one.

Hard to say though. I don't currently live in Florida so I'm already rooting for them remotely. If/when I get back in FL then I think I'd stop rooting for them for the reason above.

Probably not. I just can't imagine the Jaguars not being in Jacksonville

Unless Colorado made room for another franchise I doubt I'd follow the Jaguars outside of Jacksonville.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Only way I wouldn't root for the Jags is if they moved to London.
No commercial messages in sigs

I would probably stop watching the NFL all together.

Naw, it would be easy to go back to the Bucs from here.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meh I only even started rooting the the Jags because they are the home team, so if they moved, I'd just got back to being a Bucs only fan. 

If the Bucs moved, I wouldn't have a problem still cheering for them though.

Probably.  Of course I don't live in Florida and never did.  If they moved to Virginia, that'd be just great >_> but we'll never get a professional sports team.  So I'm stuck rooting for non-home teams.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Impossible to say. I hope it's a decision I never have to make.

Quote:I would probably stop watching the NFL all together.

This very likely would be how I would respond if the Lions moved.  

At least from my point of view,  if a team moves,  they are no longer the same franchise.  What makes things even worse is when the team nickname,  logos,  uniforms,  and history also move when a team moves.    As bad as the Cleveland Browns have been collectively since the franchise was reborn in 1999,  at least they still have the foundation of their franchise.

I voted no as well. Id go back to being a Dallas/Dolphins fan. Or maybe i'd change all together and be strictly a Patriots fan. Who knows, I think I might be with stroud crowd, I just might not watch the NFl anymore. The home town Jaguars are the reason why I started watching the NFL in the first place.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Meh.....

I need a maybe option.

Like... if the Jags moved to London?

Probably not.

LA? Probably not.

Somewhere close enough I could still follow them and maybe catch a game every now and then? Sure.

Quote:Meh.....

I need a maybe option.

Like... if the Jags moved to London?

Probably not.

LA? Probably not.

Somewhere close enough I could still follow them and maybe catch a game every now and then? Sure.

Yeah, probably the only way I would continue to follow them is if they became the Orlando Jaguars.

Maybe. Only team I care about.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I would probably stop watching the NFL all together.
Agreed.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hell no.

Only reason I still root and pay for season tix is cause I'm loyal to my city.

If we lose the Jags, [BLEEP] em wherever they are. [BLEEP]

Yes. I watch the team play, not the city.

I would stop watching NFL for the most part and just enjoy the extra time.  After investing so much emotion in the home franchise, I couldn't enjoy any game the same way...

Probably would stop watching college as well.  Mostly watch it for the prospects now.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM by rpr52121.)

When I was kid, my team left and I still rooted for them for a season or 2 because they were the players I rooted for. I also did not understand all the details of why they had left.

However, after that I just stopped watching the NFL until I moved to Jacksonville and became a Jaguars fan.

Quote:Yes. I watch the team play, not the city.

I feel the same way. I've been a bills fan since 5 years old, jags fan since 95 and lived in L.A. since 97. I had Sunday ticket since 97 and haven't missed a bils or jags game since. I'll support these teams until the end, unless a very crappy owner takes over and ruins them.... like Cleveland.

I'm going to support the Rams, but no where like the jags. I'm already planning tickets for bills @ rams 2016 and jags @ chargers 2016.. unless chargers move to far away.