Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You think Texans would trade JJ Watt for Blake Bortles ?

Quote:Meh....

I'd be OK with Teddy in Houston for the next 5-6 years...

He isn't a QB you have to game plan for...

EDIT:

I suppose I'm even more OK with the fact that they had to play 4 QBs, still don't have an answer, and likely will draft a guy this year that isn't a clear cut franchise QB.

True. Passing on Bortles and Carr were bad. IMO, Bridgewater would've even been better than what they currently have (certainly not Bortles/Carr better though).

Fail

Fail

Fail

Sry Tinhorns

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Meh.... 

I'd be OK with Teddy in Houston for the next 5-6 years...

He isn't a QB you have to game plan for...

EDIT:

I suppose I'm even more OK with the fact that they had to play 4 QBs, still don't have an answer, and likely will draft a guy this year that isn't a clear cut franchise QB.

He'd have been far and away the best QB on their roster, and competent enough with that defense to get deep into the playoffs.  Not good enough to win the game himself, but the Texans would be much stronger with him. 

Quote:He'd have been far and away the best QB on their roster, and competent enough with that defense to get deep into the playoffs.  Not good enough to win the game himself, but the Texans would be much stronger with him. 
That's true... but still... the Vikes had a good D as well, plus AP.

I just don't think Teddy is long term franchise QB stuff.

Maybe he proves me wrong.... but after 2 years he is a game manager at best

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016, 04:19 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:That's true... but still... the Vikes had a good D as well, plus AP.

I just don't think Teddy is long term franchise QB stuff.

Maybe he proves me wrong.... but after 2 years he is a game manager at best
He's Alex Smith. Good enough to make a little noise with a solid team, won't be the reason you lose, but also won't be the reason you win. And he's not going to hide your deficiencies like a Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:That's true... but still... the Vikes had a good D as well, plus AP.

Right, and they should have beaten Seattle.  Which is quite the turn around in the last few years.

Thinking about this stuff is like contemplating your belly button.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Thinking about this stuff is like contemplating your belly button.

(looks up)

What?

Ted didn't score any points in the game.  Isn't that what not the great, but merely the good do in the playoffs?

The poor kicker had it all on his shoulders, and lost the game.  Can't really fault him, he was carrying them and they would have won if someone, anyone, had taken the football across the goal line just once.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: he was carrying them and they would have won if someone, anyone, had taken the football across the goal line just once.
or not fumbled it...

Quote:He's Alex Smith. Good enough to make a little noise with a solid team, won't be the reason you lose, but also won't be the reason you win. And he's not going to hide your deficiencies like a Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc
dont talk about Alex Smith like that.

No, but I bet they'd trade Clowney for Bortles in a heartbeat.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

No.

When they play him, he always throws them a pick 6 and Watt sacks him about 6 times a year.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No.

When they play him, he always throws them a pick 6 and Watt sacks him about 6 times a year.

Nice analysis. Lol. Not
[Image: giphy.gif]

lol