Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You think Texans would trade JJ Watt for Blake Bortles ?

What a hideous performance by Hoyer today..    Maybe they'll even take Chad Henne??? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who  knows if Bortles would be any better right now?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Texans or any other organization would say "No Thanks" at this stage of the both the players career. 

i'm pretty sure the texans would take a young franchise QB in a heart beat.

The texans would gladly make that trade. Watt's a great defensive player, but great defensive players aren't as valuable as franchise QBs. If they had Bortles instead of Watt they would likely be winning against the chiefs right now.

I'd rather have a good quarterback than a great defensive end. 

Are you saying you'd want to trade Blake for him? Bc if so you're nuts
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

With the wear and tear J.J. Watt already has,  the Texans would have to seriously consider making the trade if it presented itself..   As great of a player Watt still is,  I doubt the Jaguars would make the trade because of the position AND upside factors with Blake Bortles.  

Who cares? I wouldn't do it.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

My favorite part is they didn't need to make that call. They could have had both. Hope they get to regret it for a long time.

No [BLEEP] way.   They will get a QB in the draft and have Tom Savage to compete for the job.  Hoyer is gone.

I'd rather keep Bortles.

'02

Nope, and the Jags wouldn't trade Bortles for Watt.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:My favorite part is they didn't need to make that call. They could have had both. Hope they get to regret it for a long time.
I guess both teams could have had both

Quote:I guess both teams could have had both

Certainly true.  That was the previous GM though, so I wasn't going back that far, but yes we could have had JJ Watt as well.

Quote:No [BAD WORD REMOVED] way.   They will get a QB in the draft and have Tom Savage to compete for the job.  Hoyer is gone.
Interesting take.

Funny thing bout those tinhorns...

without Watt, they probably don't win the division.

But without a QB, they'll never be more than one and done in the playoffs.

But with Bortles and that D without Watt, they would have been pretty good.

I think they would have surely taken their chances, given the opportunity to swap elite pass rusher for an above average young gun.

But without Watt, that D isn't nearly as deadly...

even still... I'd like to think Bortles to Hopkins, with a solid run game and solid Oline would be better than Hoyer led anyone.

And the Houston D was way better (even without Watt) than ours. 

So if you were to swap players. Houston would be an AFC favorite. Maybe not Superbowl favorite... but certainly capable of competing with the Bengals, Pats, and Steelers.

Franchise QB is more important than a Stud DE all day, every day.

You gotta consider what the Texans GM/Office was thinking a couple years ago though. They passed on Bortles, Carr, and probably could've even gotten Bridgewater.

So far that has proven to be a big mistake.

Quote:Franchise QB is more important than a Stud DE all day, every day.

You gotta consider what the Texans GM/Office was thinking a couple years ago though. They passed on Bortles, Carr, and probably could've even gotten Bridgewater.

So far that has proven to be a big mistake.

I think they probably would have taken Bridgewater if he'd made it one more pick.  I think the Vikings agree, which is why they moved.  I like the Vikings a lot more for that.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM by Kane.)

Quote:I think they probably would have taken Bridgewater if he'd made it one more pick.  I think the Vikings agree, which is why they moved.  I like the Vikings a lot more for that.
Meh.... 

I'd be OK with Teddy in Houston for the next 5-6 years...

He isn't a QB you have to game plan for...

EDIT:

I suppose I'm even more OK with the fact that they had to play 4 QBs, still don't have an answer, and likely will draft a guy this year that isn't a clear cut franchise QB.

Watt is a great DE. Bortles is a good QB.

A good QB is better than a great player at ANY other position on the field.