Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Has Done Something This Season That Very Few QB's Have Been Able to Do...

He also have done things like turn the ball over, to cost game consistently as well.. At least 3 losses are solely on Bortles alone.. Yes he has improve thank God, but lets not crown him yet... Its about winning not statistics..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He also have done things like turn the ball over, to cost game consistently as well.. At least 3 losses are solely on Bortles alone.. Yes he has improve thank God, but lets not crown him yet... Its about winning not statistics..
" Its about winning not statistics.."

the best post I've read on this message board all day.

It's early...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:He also have done things like turn the ball over, to cost game consistently as well.. At least 3 losses are solely on Bortles alone.. Yes he has improve thank God, but lets not crown him yet... Its about winning not statistics..

It's also about the big picture and Bortles development. Everyone understands it's about winning, but this particular thread IS about statistics actually.

Quote:" Its about winning not statistics.."
the best post I've read on this message board all day.

Well it was 8 in the morning when you posted that lol

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 11:27 AM by iapetus.)

Quote:Why do you ignore people when you are proven wrong? I don't get it.

Why do some people feel the need to constantly snipe at her? For the record, she's not wrong. It's obvious what stat is being referred to, assuming you can read. Whether it's interesting and relevant is up for debate, and would require some statistical analysis. My thought is that it's probably not - it shows a correlation with elite quarterbacks for other reasons that should be obvious.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 11:23 AM by atburg.)

Quote:My point was that this fact doesn't put him in the class of elite QBs. It is a lot easier to go from an F to a C than it is to to go from a B to an A.

Actually the leap a QB makes from his 1st to 2nd is often the biggest in terms of development. Even still, the article compared him to other QBs whose starting point was at least average to very good production to great. Bortles went from the worst to competent (his 5.7 TD% puts him at 13th in the NFL). Besides, given the marginal improvement to his INT% and decline to his completion %, I think this increase is largely due to the development from his playmakers, and the fact that his TD numbers are inflated due to how pass reliant the team has become to score. It shows that Bortles belongs in the NFL and the Jags would be wise to further invest in his development, but it hardly puts him in the class of elite QBs because of this related phenomenon.
But its not F to C, its F to B+. But , troll on!

BTW, the leap from year 2 to 3 is commonly used as the measuring stick. So you wont have to worry about that RG3 Jr.

Quote:Its misleading to say he is in elite company because his starting point was basically worst in the NFL. It isn't like he made the jump from 26 TDs to 40 or anything. He had 11 TDs last year, of course your margin of improvement is going to vast when you're the worst starter in the NFL.

What was the starting point for those other QBs, then?

Quote:Why do some people feel the need to constantly snipe at her? For the record, she's not wrong. It's obvious what stat is being referred to, assuming you can read. Whether it's interesting and relevant is up for debate, and would require some statistical analysis. My thought is that it's probably not - it shows a correlation with elite quarterbacks for other reasons that should be obvious.

Naw, She's wrong about what I was referring to (stating football fields are longer and wider than baseball fields),

And because she is constantly calling other people's posts irrelevant and/or wrong. If she's going to do that, then I'd appreciate some accountability on the flipside.

Quote:Naw, She's wrong about what I was referring to (stating football fields are longer and wider than baseball fields),

And because she is constantly calling other people's posts irrelevant and/or wrong. If she's going to do that, then I'd appreciate some accountability on the flipside.
I defended her a few times, until I started to see the same patterns from her.

Quote:Naw, She's wrong about what I was referring to (stating football fields are longer and wider than baseball fields),

And that has what to do with this thread exactly?

Hey Scarecrow, you might want to go visit the Wizard.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I defended her a few times, until I started to see the same patterns from her.

Her intent is not to be rude, she most likely has no idea it even comes off that way. If you've never known someone with aspergers, then I can understand, but it's all a logical argument with someone with aspergers. Very little emotion.

Quote:Her intent is not to be rude, she most likely has no idea it even comes off that way. If you've never known someone with aspergers, then I can understand, but it's all a logical argument with someone with aspergers. Very little emotion.
EDIT: On second thought, it's really irrelevant to say whether she has asperger's or not, because none of us have ever met her in real life- and it is just dumb to diagnose someone based on their posts on an anonymous MB.

Here is the most exciting stat...........................23 years old   wow

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

What three losses are "SOLELY on Bortles alone?"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:EDIT: On second thought, it's really irrelevant to say whether she has asperger's or not, because none of us have ever met her in real life- and it is just dumb to diagnose someone based on their posts on an anonymous MB.
She's stated numerous times that she has Asperger's.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:What three losses are "SOLELY on Bortles alone?"
Remember, your dealing with one of the Teddy fanboys.

Quote:She's stated numerous times that she has Asperger's.
That puts a whole different spin on it. Didn't realize that.

Quote:You say the stat is meaningless but then say nobody who's seen him play this season can deny how much he's improved this season. THIS STAT ONLY BACKS UP THE EYE TEST YOU SPEAK OF. I swear to god you type some stupid sh it on here.

Incomming ban
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs