Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Smith and Poz in top 6

Quote:They all have a shot next year.

Wrong.

They have a shot this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Correction on 4 to go. They still have time to improve their pro bowl stock.

Quote:Wrong.

They have a shot this year.

Dream on if you want, but I know the facts. There already are three AFC quarterbacks who have more than enough votes to get in, plus winning teams usually get more Pro Bowlers. I will leave it at that.

Be wrong all you want.

Just because they have more votes don't mean they accept.

See David Garrard.

I'll leave you with that

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 03:36 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Kuechly was out for several weeks with the concussion he sustained against us.  Not only that, but you will rack up a ton of tackles when you can't get off the field on 3rd downs like the Jags.  Fresh set of downs means more opportunities for tackles.

Here's a stat for you...  the Jags defense is the worst in the league on 3rd down.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...ency/2015/

I'm optimistic for what the future holds on the offensive side of the ball.  We need some serious help on defense next year though.  Being one of the league leaders in tackles isn't anything to get excited about.

A Cornerback in round 1, along with Fowler and Marks is going to be awesome next season.

Slice the pie and cut it up however you want....Smith is 3rd and Poz is 6th in tackles.

Quote:A Cornerback in round 1, along with Fowler and Marks is going to be awesome next season.

Hopefully.  I'd question what Marks has left though.  He'll be 29 in Februray and although that's certainly not the end of the road for a DT, he's had two significant injuries within the last 12 months.  I'd say it's more probable than not that he doesn't return to Pro bowl form.

Quote:Smith is 3rd in tackles with 113.

Poz is 6th in tackles with 104.

Pretty cool.

Smith has 2.5 sacks

Poz has 2 sacks.

Both are playing good.

Poz is injured again... sigh.. he might drop in stats...

Quote:Poz is injured again... sigh.. he might drop in stats...

He is listed as questionable.

[Image: promo_TelvinSmith.jpg]

Quote:Hopefully.  I'd question what Marks has left though.  He'll be 29 in Februray and although that's certainly not the end of the road for a DT, he's had two significant injuries within the last 12 months.  I'd say it's more probable than not that he doesn't return to Pro bowl form.

He doesn't seem to get this concept.

Not to mention, we really don't know what Fowler will look like coming back from an injury.

Defense is still awful. No matters stats, they are terrible.

lol @ Poz going to the pro bowl

dude is horrible

most of his tackles are 5+ yards past the LOS

Telvin is infinitely better than him

and Kuechly missed at least 3 games this year

Quote:Kueckley and Davis are tied at 29th with 81 tackles.

Kuechly is arguably one of the top 2 defensive players in the league. Tells you what you need to know about the value of the tackle statistic.

Quote:He doesn't seem to get this concept.

Not to mention, we really don't know what Fowler will look like coming back from an injury.

You're right. They will both suck next year and we need to draft a DE and go with House and Colvin at CB....all the way to the Super Bowl.

Quote:Slice the pie and cut it up however you want....Smith is 3rd and Poz is 6th in tackles.

Yes but tackles are a pretty empty stat all on their own.

Poz is horrendous in any type of coverage.  I swear he couldn't cover my grandma down the middle of the field.  I like Poz and all the effort he puts in but he's a major liability in coverage.

Yes, that's another way to slice it.

Quote:Kuechly is arguably one of the top 2 defensive players in the league. Tells you what you need to know about the value of the tackle statistic.

All tackle statistics are completely meaningless. LK missed 3.5 games with a concussion. Telvin Smith played all 12 games. Which player has more tackles also depends on TOP for the offense, which is much higher for Carolina.

Quote:You're right. They will both suck next year and we need to draft a DE and go with House and Colvin at CB....all the way to the Super Bowl.

No, I much rather rely on a unproven, injured rookie to save our anemic pass rush.