Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Smith and Poz in top 6

Smith is 3rd in tackles with 113.

Poz is 6th in tackles with 104.

Pretty cool.

Smith has 2.5 sacks

Poz has 2 sacks.

Both are playing good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kueckley and Davis are tied at 29th with 81 tackles.

Cyp is tied for 5th among SS in tackles with Cam Chancellor.

Reggie Nelson leads the league in interceptions with 7.

Wow

Quote:Kuechly and Davis are tied at 29th with 81 tackles.

I don't believe that. You are telling me two of the best linebackers in football are the third worst this season?

Outside of Bortles ...

Arob leads the team in total yards per game with 90 yards per game.

Yeldon is 2nd with 86.9 yards per game.

Quote:I don't believe that. You are telling me two of the best linebackers in football are the third worst this season?

Believe it. It's a fact.

Poz and Smith are tackling machines.

Robinson leads the league in 20 yard plays by a large margin.

Bortles is 3rd in TD passes.

Robinson is tied for 2nd with the most Touchdowns with 11.

Tyler Eifert has 12 but now he is hurt.

Robinson has a chance to have the most overall touchdowns.

Beckham has 10.

Colvin leads the league in sacks among all CBs with 4.

Our defense plays a lot more than other defenses. I wonder if there is a per play tackle ratio?

So I just looked it up. The Jaguars defense has played 1089 total plays. Which is tied for second most in the NFL. For those comparing the tackles with Luke Kueckly and Thomas Davis, they have had 975 plays. Which is the second fewest plays.

Quote:Our defense plays a lot more than other defenses. I wonder if there is a per play tackle ratio?

Not good I'm sure. Panthers defense probably doesn't see half the time the Jags D does.

Quote:Believe it. It's a fact.

Poz and Smith are tackling machines.

I was referring to Carolina's linebackers.

Quote:So I just looked it up. The Jaguars defense has played 1089 total plays. Which is tied for second most in the NFL. For those comparing the tackles with Luke Kueckly and Thomas Davis, they have had 975 plays. Which is the second fewest plays.

In other words our ranking above Carolina's linebackers is misleading because they have a lot fewer chances to make tackles.

Carolina's defense has 114 less plays than the Jaguars' defense.

Either way Smith and Poz are 3rd and 6th.

Also you bring up an interesting point because Allen Robinson has less receptions than a lot of receivers yet he is still top 5 in most categories. Yet he is 1st overall in 20 yard plays. He is putting up unbelievable numbers.

Quote:Carolina's defense has 114 less plays than the Jaguars' defense.

Either way Smith and Poz are 3rd and 6th.

Also you bring up an interesting point because Allen Robinson has less receptions than a lot of receivers yet he is still top 5 in most categories. Yet he is 1st overall in 20 yard plays. He is putting up unbelievable numbers.

It should not be long before he goes to Hawaii.

Poz, Smith, Robinson, Bortles should all be in the Pro Bowl.

Still 4 to go. They all have a shot.

Quote:Poz, Smith, Robinson, Bortles should all be in the Pro Bowl.

Still 4 to go. They all have a shot.

Did you know Pro Bowl voting ends a couple weeks before the regular season does? They all have a shot next year.