Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars could still make the playoffs. Here is how...

Quote:No, that's not correct. Total Points Scored is the 10th tiebreaker, and it's impossible to see Jax getting past the 6th (Strength of Schedule) ... San Diego + Cleveland isn't going to touch Cincinnati + Kansas City or Denver + Pittsburgh.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures'>http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures</a> TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.[*]Strength of victory.[*]Strength of schedule.[*]Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.[*]Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.[*]Best net points in common games.[*]Best net points in all games.[*]Best net touchdowns in all games.[*]Coin toss</ul> Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.[*]Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.[*]Strength of victory.[*]Strength of schedule.[*]Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.[*]Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.[*]Best net points in common games.[*]Best net points in all games.[*]Best net touchdowns in all games.[*]Coin toss</ul>

Good stuff.

Hey, we're still in this thing. Colts are down to Chuck Whitehurst and the Texans don't have the best QB.

We are in it until we ain't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Keep it simple: Jaguars win division at 8-8.

Colts, Texans and Titans all finish 7-9 or 6-10.
Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

Quote:For pity's sake.....give it up man.

Atlanta and 'horns, if not the saints and clots are going to eat us alive.

We couldn't even beat the two worst in the league.

This teams chances of making the playoffs died after the team failed to lose to the Colts in Overtime without Andrew Luck playing, it was obivious then that the team lacked talent on Defense to make a real run for the playoffs.

Quote:This teams chances of making the playoffs died after the team failed to lose to the Colts in Overtime without Andrew Luck playing, it was obivious then that the team lacked talent on Defense to make a real run for the playoffs.

I am pretty sure we didn't fail to lose.  I'm pretty sure we actually did lose...  

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 08:41 AM by Predator_NFLFans.)

Ain't happening, but hopefully we can win two out of the last four
No commercial messages in sigs

Please....stop.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Nope.

They had their chance and they blew it. 

Defense is way too crummy.

I think I'm more excited to see Blake shred NO and Atl defenses.

There's still a couple ways to make the playoffs. Each unlikely, but hey, the 3-8-1 Panthers pulled it off
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 09:47 AM by Atreas.)

Like I said before, well see the playoffs 2018. Need to rebuild the D. 5 players out, better coaching staff. Then we'll be elite and competitive for the divsion. Then I may even become a season ticket holder again. But till I see the above improve I'll be watching it on tv.

Yeah, it's still possible, but not very likely. The Jags had a golden chance to be sitting tied with both the colts and texans. But they couldn't find a way to beat two of the worst teams in the league.

Jags are still in the bottom-rung of the league. Last four opponents, they went 2-2 against 3 of the absolute dregs this season.

Ravens - took a miracle last 3 plays to barely get by them

Titans - great punt return and forced fumble very late to scrape by those guys

Chargers - decimated by injuries, and still couldn't stop them

Titans - #becausejaguars

The Jags were on the same level as those 3 bottom-feeders, barely scraping two wins and barely falling short in two.

That said:

If Jax can somehow beat the colts this week, and the Patriots beat the texans, Jax will find itself still within striking distance. But they're going to need help from other teams to also beat those two.

The last 2 Jags games were just killers. It's a shame, because this season has been about the easiest schedule I can ever remember an NFL team having to face. A consecutive string of terrible teams and others completely decimated by injuries, and they're still falling short.

You lost me at Colts and Texans are 6-6... and must lose out to finish 8-8...

None of the math afterwards was worth looking at given the above.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Jags suck this year, get over it
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:You lost me at Colts and Texans are 6-6... and must lose out to finish 8-8...

None of the math afterwards was worth looking at given the above.

I assume he was referring to losing out the divisional games.

Lets Look at the remainign schedules, in theory we could be playing the tinhorns for the division in the last game.

Week 14   clots play Jags (must win for Jags if any hope)

tinhorns play the Pats (pats could put a 70burger on them as pissed after losing 2 in a row)

tacks play Jets (toss up but still think jets will win)

Week 15    clots play tinhorns (would be pulling for clots in this one)

tacks play the Pats (i think tacks dont stand a snowballs chance)

Jags play ATL  (another we need to win this one)

Week 16    tacks play tinhorns (pulling for tacks in this one)

clots play miami     (toss up think miami the beter team might be lucks return)

Jags play Saints   (still need to win this one )

Week 17    tacks play clots (need tacks to win)

Jags play tinhorns for the Division

So reasonably if we beat clots  and win out and other games fall our way going into last week:

Jags 7-8

tinhorns 7-8

clots 7-8

tacks 4-9

we would need tack beat clots and we would play tinhorns for division

Quote:Week 14 clots play Jags (must win for Jags if any hope)

^This is the key here.

If they lose to the colts, it's officially over.

That would mean:

1. The Jags could not have a better record than colts. The best that could happen is a 7-9 tied overall record with them (division title is lost)

2. Wildcard hopes are also dashed because 7-9 absolutely will not get the Jags in. The 3 teams sitting in Wildcard position right now already have 7 wins anyway.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 04:59 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:[Image: 50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg]

Not if I can do anything about it

[Image: myers.jpg]

Blakes Life Matters

Playoffs ?? Us ???

[Image: and-monkeys.gif]

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

there is no chance jags make the playoffs this year. The team still has growing to do. Forget about the playoffs.  this is a 6-10 team. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

sigh...

yes, theoretically we could still technically make the play offs. The probability of this occurring is of such a low order however that it's almost comical to discuss it...

We have an over all bad team, with signs of potential on our offense, but that's about all.

*We've not had a convincing win the whole season.

*We've failed to defeat teams when handed the win on a silver platter.

*Our defense is a shambles.

*Our kicker is worse than pedestrian.

*We were hit early and late with critical injuries that we don't have the quality depth to overcome. 

*Our head coach is what our record says he is.

Hopeful optimism is a nice thing though... as long as you're not betting your life savings on it.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 06:22 PM by StitchJones.)

Quote:there is no chance jags make the playoffs this year. The team still has growing to do. Forget about the playoffs.  this is a 6-10 team
maybe... or less.