Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars could still make the playoffs. Here is how...

A ton of things have to happen for Jacksonville to make the playoffs.  It is still possible and here is how.

Right now

Houston 6-6

Indy       6-6

Jax        4-8

Ten       3-9

1. Indy has to lose out:  A loss against Jack,Tenn,Houston would put their division record at 3-3 overall 8-8.

2. Houston has to lose out: A division loss against Jacksonville and Tenn puts their record at 3-3 overall 8-8

3. Jax has to win out: Beating the colts and texans would put our division record at 3-3 overall 8-8.

So the next number that determines a  playoff birth after record and divisional record is points scored.

The Jaguars currently are 1st in the division with 275 points scored vs Colts in second with 259.

Still not over yet.   Of course a Jim mora post is just as likely.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For pity's sake.....give it up man.

Atlanta and 'horns, if not the saints and clots are going to eat us alive.

We couldn't even beat the two worst in the league.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We aren't making playoffs

I know, its ridiculous. We are not winning out.

we cant even win a game convincingly.   lolol

Let it go man, let it go.

What year are you talking about and who is the HC?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 09:35 PM by jtmoney.)

Hey you're in it until your not.

We'd be in "first place" right now if we would have beaten the last 2 teams who had a combined record of 4-17

[Image: 50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg]

It's nice to have optimism, but the playoffs were never my goal for this season. This season is about Bortles' progression.

Quote:A ton of things have to happen for Jacksonville to make the playoffs.  It is still possible and here is how.

Right now

Houston 6-6

Indy       6-6

Jax        4-8

Ten       3-9

1. Indy has to lose out:  A loss against Jack,Tenn,Houston would put their division record at 3-3 overall 8-8.

2. Houston has to lose out: A division loss against Jacksonville and Tenn puts their record at 3-3 overall 8-8

3. Jax has to win out: Beating the colts and texans would put our division record at 3-3 overall 8-8.

So the next number that determines a  playoff birth after record and divisional record is points scored.

The Jaguars currently are 1st in the division with 275 points scored vs Colts in second with 259.

Still not over yet.   Of course a Jim mora post is just as likely.

Well, we're not mathematically out of it.  That's nice to know...  The probability of this is pretty astronomical, like Heart of Gold astronomical.  But, hey, stranger things have happened...

[Image: 05-12-2012_Last_Words_of_Falling_Whale_T_SHIRT_det.gif]

Quote:Well, we're not mathematically out of it.  That's nice to know...  The probability of this is pretty astronomical, like Heart of Gold astronomical.  But, hey, stranger things have happened...

[Image: 05-12-2012_Last_Words_of_Falling_Whale_T_SHIRT_det.gif]

Well I would like to hear about one of those stranger things.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 11:51 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Well I would like to hear about one of those stranger things.

That's whyI referenced the picture...   :thumbsup:

The OP is wrong. If the Colts and Texans both go 1-3 and the Jaguars go 4-0, we are in.

Quote:[Image: 50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg]
This is my heart, but my mind and logic tell me no way. I would be ecstatic if we got to 6-10 at this point though! That is a solid year compared to what we have had! lol. Next year is make or break though, we better sure up that defense.

Chris Berman....and that's why they play the game.

We're still in it until we ain't.

Since we're living in a fantasy world, I'll play along.

Theoretically, we could still win the division at 7-9. Must beat the Colts and Texans, but can still lose against either the Saints or Falcons (have to win one of those though).

Texans have to beat the Colts in week 15. Finally, Tennessee has to help us out a bit by beating Houston (wk 16) and Indy (wk 17).

If everything plays out, the Jags would have the best win percentage in conference games and win the 3-way 7-9 tiebreaker.

Suck on that, AFC South.

It's not happening...

Quote:So the next number that determines a  playoff birth after record and divisional record is points scored.

No, that's not correct. Total Points Scored is the 10th tiebreaker, and it's impossible to see Jax getting past the 6th (Strength of Schedule) ... San Diego + Cleveland isn't going to touch Cincinnati + Kansas City or Denver + Pittsburgh.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;">If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Three or More Clubs
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;">(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss