Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not on Gus

Quote:The Jaguars aren't consistently losing this season due to talent, it's due to a lack of execution.
We've been in every game except the Patriots game.  Remember prior season games, you kind of knew the game was basically over after the 1st quarter.   Gus must be doing something right.  We just need more talent at the o-line, defense, and a kicker.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TL;DR---- Dream World

Quote:Lemme tell u why this is on GUS..... listen u cant tell me you dont go for 2 down twice whenits obvious u do... to make it a one score game... blame the kicker all u want (and im not a fan of the kicker)... but this game on gus

We did not go for 2 twice.

Quote:We've been in every game except the Patriots game.  Remember prior season games, you kind of knew the game was basically over after the 1st quarter.   Gus Caldwell must be doing something right.  We just need more talent at the o-line, defense, and a kicker.

FTFY

Quote:We've been in every game except the Patriots game.  Remember prior season games, you kind of knew the game was basically over after the 1st quarter.   Gus must be doing something right.  We just need more talent at the o-line, defense, and a kicker.

Hey, you can believe in this fairy tail all you want.  You're wrong.  But keep telling yourself this.  But know one thing.

That one thing is this:

YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ASSESSMENT.

Funny thing is, you guys are saying the scheme would be great, we just dont have the players for it...then why are we running a scheme today that we don't have the players for? Seems like poor coaching because you're not putting your players in a position to succeed. . 

Quote:The Jaguars aren't consistently losing this season due to talent, it's due to a lack of execution.

Well then I am all for the defense's execution if it will help this team.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Gus is

Quote:Hey, you can believe in this fairy tail all you want.  You're wrong.  But keep telling yourself this.  But know one thing.

That one thing is this:

YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ASSESSMENT.
Gus isn't going anywhere in the near future as Khan stated.  When Caldwell obtains more talent for next season.  We will see then if Gus should be fired.

Quote:We've been in every game except the Patriots game.  Remember prior season games, you kind of knew the game was basically over after the 1st quarter.   Gus must be doing something right.  We just need more talent at the o-line, defense, and a kicker.

The Jaguars have done something right, Caldwell drafted Bortles and Allen Robinson. Gus, brought in Olsen, which is a good move, but hiring someone that knows what they're doing doesn't stop that Gus can't game plan at all and can barely make in game adjustments.

If a great coach were leading the team the Jaguars win by 20+ today with the game Bortles played, but since we have bad coaching the titans were allowed to play a game that was comfortable for their rookie passer. Delanie Walker should have left this game screaming about how he didn't get the ball thrown to him enough because the Jaguars doubled him all game, and if Mariota tried to go outside often he'd be sure to throw another one to a DB like he did to Gratz (conGratz, butterfingers) early in the game, because he's terrible throwing outside of the numbers.

Quote:Gus is

Gus isn't going anywhere in the near future as Khan stated.  When Caldwell obtains more talent for next season.  We will see then if Gus should be fired.

Finally someone gets it. I have been saying all season there is zero chance of Bradley getting fired because Khan said so and nobody believed me just because they want him gone.

More like "next season the slow people will realize Gus sucks as HC and that we need a new one"

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:The Jaguars have done something right, Caldwell drafted Bortles and Allen Robinson. Gus, brought in Olsen, which is a good move, but hiring someone that knows what they're doing doesn't stop that Gus can't game plan at all and can barely make in game adjustments.

If a great coach were leading the team the Jaguars win by 20+ today with the game Bortles played, but since we have bad coaching the titans were allowed to play a game that was comfortable for their rookie passer. Delanie Walker should have left this game screaming about how he didn't get the ball thrown to him enough because the Jaguars doubled him all game, and if Mariota tried to go outside often he'd be sure to throw another one to a DB like he did to Gratz (conGratz, butterfingers) early in the game, because he's terrible throwing outside of the numbers.

Baloney about 20 points. Even Bill Belicheat needed a comeback drive to barely beat the Jets.

Quote:Finally someone gets it. I have been saying all season there is zero chance of Bradley getting fired because Khan said so and nobody believed me just because they want him gone.

lol when Bradley finishes 4-12...we'll see what your "zero chance" means

Quote:Finally someone gets it. I have been saying all season there is zero chance of Bradley getting fired because Khan said so and nobody believed me just because they want him gone.

LOL you know you are on the wrong side when this girl agrees with you 

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Funny thing is, you guys are saying the scheme would be great, we just dont have the players for it...then why are we running a scheme today that we don't have the players for? Seems like poor coaching because you're not putting your players in a position to succeed. . 

I believe you summed it up pretty nicely MDDN.

Well done.

I wonder why more posters can't see this, it seems so simple to understand.

If you don't have the players to run the scheme, why are you running it instead of a scheme that fits your players?

I remember fans like you last season.  You all were saying the same thing about Fish.

Folks that knew better (myself included) could see how terrible of an OC Fish was.  Folks like yourself were saying that we needed better talent for our offense to get better....

See how that turned out?

Again, believe whatever stupid thing you wish to believe.

But KNOW this:

YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ASSESSMENT OF REALITY.  Your point of view is wrong.  I don't think you're stupid, per se.  I just think you are letting your bias skew your objectivity and your judgement.

Don't worry, I won't hold this against you once you realize how wrong you are.  You're bias is understandable.  Heck, it's even commendable.  But at the end of the day...

It's still wrong.

Quote:I believe you summed it up pretty nicely MDDN.

Well done.

I wonder why more posters can't see this, it seems so simple to understand.

If you don't have the players to run the scheme, why are you running it instead of a scheme that fits your players?

I've been saying this same thing for like 3 months now...  But you know...  Whatever.  It's not worth discussing.  It's more important to bash the 11 players that play the horrible scheme than to question the scheme maker...  

What a time to be alive!

Jesus tapdancing Christ, every thread I see you saying whatever you can to defend Bradley.

Here are the facts - he is, what, 10-31 as a HC?

He was hired as a "defensive-minded" coach. His Defense is the easily the WORST in the league, for almost three years straight.

You say it's on the players, and if we had the right players the scheme would be fine.

That is the thing. We DON'T have the right players, therefore the scheme MUST be adapted to what you have. That is what good coaches do. Bradley does not do this.

Bradley, a defensive-minded head coach, NEVER has his defense ready to play four quarters of football and he NEVER adapts the defensive scheme to better suit his available talent pool nor his opponent.

He is a BAD head coach. It really is that simple.

Quote:I remember fans like you last season.  You all were saying the same thing about Fish.

Folks that knew better (myself included) could see how terrible of an OC Fish was.  Folks like yourself were saying that we needed better talent for our offense to get better....

See how that turned out?

Again, believe whatever stupid thing you wish to believe.

But KNOW this:

YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ASSESSMENT OF REALITY.  Your point of view is wrong.  I don't think you're stupid, per se.  I just think you are letting your bias skew your objectivity and your judgement.

Don't worry, I won't hold this against you once you realize how wrong you are.  You're bias is understandable.  Heck, it's even commendable.  But at the end of the day...

It's still wrong.
No way. I hated fisch's college gimmick offense.  I'm a  old school NFL offense philosophy, power football, power running between the tackles, and vertical passing attack.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 09:17 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

This thread has a lot of potential to become epic.

I see a lot of likes in many upcoming posts.