Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not on Gus

Gus didn't miss the extra points or snap the ball over Bortles' head. However I'm frustrated with the defensive scheme because we don't currently have the pass rushing talent it requires. Honestly I think we bring in more defensive free agents and maybe swing a trade on top of using 80% of the draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. I think the offense is where it needs to be, minus maybe some more o-line help, this upcoming offseason will be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Recap: Not on Gus, but I don't like how Gus is handling the defense..........???

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Your point being if we had more talent on defense, our scheme would not be bad at all.

This scheme is a complete joke. It only worked because Seattle had the following players:

Kam Chancellor

Earl Thomas III

Richard Sherman

Cliff Avril

Jeremy Lane

KJ Wright

Bruce Irvin

Michael Bennett

Brandon Browner

Byron Maxwell

Malcolm Smith

Brandon Mebane

Bobby Wagner

2013 Chris Clemons

All of those guys are and were light years ahead of our defense. Except for Telvin and Marks.

Quote:Your point being if we had more talent on defense, our scheme would not be bad at all.

Exactly but people don't want to recognize this
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Gus didn't miss the extra points or snap the ball over Bortles' head. However I'm frustrated with the defensive scheme because we don't currently have the pass rushing talent it requires. Honestly I think we bring in more defensive free agents and maybe swing a trade on top of using 80% of the draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. I think the offense is where it needs to be, minus maybe some more o-line help, this upcoming offseason will be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

You clearly have no clue. It is Gus's fault, he didn't prepare the team to play against a QB that doesn't like to throw down the field or outside of the numbers. They should have doubled up Walker, made sure to shade their coverage to the middle of the field, and make mariota win by throwing to the sidelines, something he seems hesitant to do in this season.

Delete this ignorant thread. Gus defense has gotten worse every season. This inept clown can't even stop EJ Manuel or a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck

We get it, it's never on Gus. 

Quote:Delete this ignorant thread. Gus defense has gotten worse every season. This inept clown can't even stop EJ Manuel or a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck

If Gus has been getting worse every season why do we have the best offense since 2007?

It's not the coach's fault when players play poorly? What do you think a coach does?

C'mon guys, leave Gus alone. It's not his fault he's lost three times as many games as he's won.

Quote:It's not the coach's fault when players play poorly? What do you think a coach does?

It is the general manager's job to find more talented players on the offensive and defensive lines. It is not the coach's fault when some of our best linemen are on injured reserve. And how can you blame the coach for having a bad kicker?

Quote:C'mon guys, leave Gus alone. It's not his fault he's lost three times as many games as he's won.

Coaches have no impact on the game, I don't know why any team even bothers to hire them. 

We very badley need a O line, pass rush, and a ball hawk FS. Gus Bradley doesn't play any of those positions.

I agree OP.  Gus can only do so much. He's gotta work with what he's got.   It's up the players out there.  It's up to Caldwell this coming offseason to get more talent to create Seattle of the south.

Quote:Exactly but people don't want to recognize this

I can't wait till we get 11 HOF players to play zone D.  Then we will be play-off bound...  I can't wait till that happens!!!

Quote:I agree OP.  Gus can only do so much. He's gotta work with what he's got.   It's up the players out there.  It's up to Caldwell this coming offseason to get more talent to create Seattle of the south.

The Jaguars aren't consistently losing this season due to talent, it's due to a lack of execution.

Quote:I agree OP.  Gus can only do so much. He's gotta work with what he's got.   It's up the players out there.  It's up to Caldwell this coming offseason to get more talent to create Seattle of the south.

Why do you think Seattle South is such a great model?  You really think we're gonna get 11 great players to play a zone D and be successfull?  LOL, you're living in a dream world.

On top of that, I'm not sure our current D is even being coached properly on how to play a zone D anyways.  You're living in a dream world, with all due respect.

Lemme tell u why this is on GUS..... listen u cant tell me you dont go for 2 down twice whenits obvious u do... to make it a one score game... blame the kicker all u want (and im not a fan of the kicker)... but this game on gus

It's amazing how some people in here just love mediocrity

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23