Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a beast

Quote:Bortles is the youngest QB in NFL history to have +320 yards 5TDs and 0 INTs in a single game

A-Rob is the youngest receiver in the last 35 years to have +10 receptions 150+ yards and 3 TDs in a game.

In related news, Teddy Bridgewater is the youngest player ever to throw for 8 TD through 48 quarters of play in a season.

Good thing the Texans tanked for him and saved us from drafting him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In related news, Teddy Bridgewater is the youngest player ever to throw for 8 TD through 48 quarters of play in a season.

Hey now, who doesn't like a QB who throws as many touchdowns in 12 games as some QB's do in three?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...on-rodgers

One of 6 QB's in the past decade to throw at least 16 more touchdown passes than they did the previous season in which they played at least 13 games.

Yeah, I know, kind of a random stat. But I'll take those players on the same list and view it as a pretty good sign. Seems like a pretty decent rebuttal to those who, up until very recently, pulled the "how many really good to elite QB's had the kind of rookie season Bortles had". Well, sure, but now he's on another, more esteemed list.

I run into questions in NFL groups on Facebook asking something like, "You're down by a TD with 1 minute on the clock and have to drive 80 yards, what QB would you want in their prime?" Of course people say, "Montana" and other greats. But deep down, even though I don't blurt it out, I'm thinking...

BORTLES

'02

The " I can't defend Bortles any longer" crew isn't gonna like this thread...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 09:09 AM by HashtagBortles.)

Quote:Lol at the fans just figuring this out
Hence the user name :] It was easy to see his rookie year, despite some obvious flaws, that Blake was going to be a really good player. Based on his improvement this year, elite is definitely a possibility if not likely. QB is the most important piece. Things are looking up!

#Bortles

Edit: typo

Quote:Bortles is the youngest QB in NFL history to have +320 yards 5TDs and 0 INTs in a single game

A-Rob is the youngest receiver in the last 35 years to have +10 receptions 150+ yards and 3 TDs in a game.
...and yet the team lost.

what? does he turn into a werewolf in the full moon or something? Shades of Lon Chenny!

Quote:Jesus tapdancing Christ, every thread I see you saying whatever you can to defend Bradley.

Here are the facts - he is, what, 10-31 as a HC?

He was hired as a "defensive-minded" coach. His Defense is the easily the WORST in the league, for almost three years straight.

You say it's on the players, and if we had the right players the scheme would be fine.

That is the thing. We DON'T have the right players, therefore the scheme MUST be adapted to what you have. That is what good coaches do. Bradley does not do this.

Bradley, a defensive-minded head coach, NEVER has his defense ready to play four quarters of football and he NEVER adapts the defensive scheme to better suit his available talent pool nor his opponent.

He is a BAD head coach. It really is that simple.

I don't like Bradley but the defense has maybe 5 quality starters and the rest are just guys.

Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...on-rodgers

Beat ya to it bud Wink

Quote:...and yet the team lost.
Probably because Bortles and Robinson didn't play Defense too. 

Can anyone explain to me why Bortles is #13 on this list (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000598188/article/qb-index-palmer-overtakes-brady-for-top-spot) despite being 3rd in touchdowns, 7th in yards, and 2nd in plays of 25+ yards? How Is Jameis Winston of all QBs ahead of him at #11? Or even Jay Cutler?

What the hell?

Quote:Can anyone explain to me why Bortles is #13 on this list (<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000598188/article/qb-index-palmer-overtakes-brady-for-top-spot'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000598188/article/qb-index-palmer-overtakes-brady-for-top-spot)</a> despite being 3rd in touchdowns, 7th in yards, and 2nd in plays of 25+ yards? How Is Jameis Winston of all QBs ahead of him at #11? Or even Jay Cutler?

What the hell?
Gabbert is over Tannehill and Bradford

Quote:The " I can't defend Bortles any longer" crew isn't gonna like this thread...

Those morons have figured out they are the morons.

Athletic industrial complex? Okay?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Can anyone explain to me why Bortles is #13 on this list (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000598188/article/qb-index-palmer-overtakes-brady-for-top-spot) despite being 3rd in touchdowns, 7th in yards, and 2nd in plays of 25+ yards? How Is Jameis Winston of all QBs ahead of him at #11? Or even Jay Cutler?

What the hell?

Overall his completion percentage is still under 58 percent an his qb rating is still under 87. That said, lately he's been doing really well. Here are Blakes stats for the past five weeks (since October)...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles - 5 starts (2-3): 121 of 200 (60.5%) for 1,462 yards (7.3 YPA, 292.4 yds/gm), 12 TDs and 5 INTs for a 132.9 92.5 qb rating.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">----- 17 sacks (118 yards lost); 16 rushes for 98 yards (6.1 ypc) with 3 fumbles (2 lost)

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

I'd love to know where that qb rating ranks leaguewide over the past five weeks. The worst part is the sacks as this averages right about 3 1/2 sacks per game.

'02

Quote:Overall his completion percentage is still under 58 percent an his qb rating is still under 87. That said, lately he's been doing really well. Here are Blakes stats for the past five weeks (since October)...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles - 5 starts (2-3): 121 of 200 (60.5%) for 1,462 yards (7.3 YPA, 292.4 yds/gm), 12 TDs and 5 INTs for a 132.9 qb rating.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">----- 17 sacks (118 yards lost); 16 rushes for 98 yards (6.1 ypc) with 3 fumbles (2 lost)

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

I'd love to know where that qb rating ranks leaguewide over the past five weeks. The worst part is the sacks as this averages right about 3 1/2 sacks per game.

His last three games have been pretty great for him.  66% completion percentage.  8 TDs only 2 INTs . 893 yards.

Oops... my bad.

I calculated his qb rating incorrectly. It's only 92.5.

I thought that seemed a bit much.

'02

Quote:His last three games have been pretty great for him.  66% completion percentage.  8 TDs only 2 INTs . 893 yards.

His qb rating over the last three games is a 104.7.

'02