Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Chargers fans are saying

The Jags better act like they smell blood in the water, cause it doesn't get any easier than this. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 03:36 PM by Counter-Strike.)

Quote:....and it wouldn't surprise me if we loose my double digits.

....and it wouldn't surprise me if we loose very close

I can't guage our team's psyche. It all depends how Blake plays and how the OL protects early in the game.
You LOSE something, your concept of grammar is LOOSE
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 04:07 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:How did that work out in Baltimore?  The Ravens have injured wings and we were a yellow flag away from losing there.

In other East Coast cities, California teams have a problem with the time difference. Unfortunately I can't remember that ever happening in Jacksonville.
Denver week 1 2010. Oakland week 13 2010. Basically, it was the last time we played a west coast team at home and weren't an absolutely atrocious team. 

Quote:Denver week 1 2010. Oakland week 13 2010. Basically, it was the last time we played a west coast team at home and weren't an absolutely atrocious team. 

Denver is a California city and/or a west coast team?   :blink:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Rivers and Gates got into in on the sidelines yesterday. Considering our propensity to make your average Joe TE look amazing, its possible Rivers and Gates make up and put up all world numbers against us.

What happened?

We will be playing against average Joes with Keenan Allen (on IR) and Malcom Floyd (torn labrum) out.

Quote:The Jags better act like they smell blood in the water, because it doesn't get any easier than this. 

Well one Chargers fan did say we will be licking our chops, but nothing is easier than our last two games.

I don't understand why people on this board think we should have a field day against Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates. That combination is deadly.

Quote:What happened?

We will be playing against average Joes with Keenan Allen (on IR) and Malcom Floyd (torn labrum) out.

Well one Chargers fan did say we will be licking our chops, but nothing is easier than our last two games.

I don't understand why people on this board think we should have a field day against Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates. That combination is deadly.
Because Gates is old and slow. Rivers has no time to throw which means Gates can't make long routes. They will be dinking and dunking all game and as long as Telvin and company can tackle, we should be fine.

We need to keep an eye on Woodhead at all times.

Quote:Because Gates is old and slow. Rivers has no time to throw which means Gates can't make long routes. They will be dinking and dunking all game and as long as Telvin and company can tackle, we should be fine.

No time to throw for 503 yards in Green Bay? LOL You might want to think about that one.

Gates may be old, but he still makes good plays. Father Time has not gotten to him yet.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 04:59 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:No time to throw for 503 yards in Green Bay? LOL You might want to think about that one.

Gates may be old, but he still makes good plays. Father Time has not gotten to him yet.
You might want to look a little deeper into that one.

Rivers threw the ball 65 times. 65.

Not to mention that was 6 weeks ago when they still had Allen and Floyd and they were a lot healthier

Quote:We need to keep an eye on Woodhead at all times.

I am worried about him too, but Rivers will be a bigger problem for us. We need to take care of both guys on every play.

Quote:You might want to look a little deeper into that one.

Rivers threw the ball 65 times. 65.

Not to mention that was 6 weeks ago when they still had Allen and Floyd and they were a lot healthier

I can't remember seeing any other quarterback throwing 65 times. That was crazy.

Of course having Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd helped, but it starts with the offensive line protecting Philip Rivers. Our defensive line might struggle against those five guys.

Quote:I can't remember seeing any other quarterback throwing 65 times. That was crazy.

Of course having Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd helped, but it starts with the offensive line protecting Philip Rivers. Our defensive line might struggle against those five guys.
Really? Are they the best Oline in the league? 

Might want to check that one again too. Rivers has been under pressure all season long because of that line.

Quote:Really? Are they the best Oline in the league? 

Might want to check that one again too. Rivers has been under pressure all season long because of that line.

I know San Diego does not have a great offensive line but the Chargers played against better defensive lines than ours this season. We are not as good there as we were last year and Sen'Derrick Marks missing games is a big reason for it.

Quote:I know San Diego does not have a great offensive line but the Chargers played against better defensive lines than ours this season. We are not as good there as we were last year and Sen'Derrick Marks missing games is a big reason for it.
The Chargers Oline is one of the worst in the NFL

Quote:The Chargers Oline is one of the worst in the NFL

That may be true but we still have to worry about #17. Hopefully the Chargers don't play better than usual against our defense.

Quote:Denver is a California city and/or a west coast team? :blink:

They are in the AFC west and play their home games at 4pm eastern. The basis of the advantage is the time change.

Quote:They are in the AFC west and play their home games at 4pm eastern. The basis of the advantage is the time change.

FYI Denver is only two hours behind us, so the division is irrelevant. Time changes only affect the Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 09:06 PM by rpr52121.)

Quote:FYI Denver is only two hours behind us, so the division is irrelevant. Time changes only affect the Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals.

Their stats are a few years older (and they may not be as accurate recently given the surge of Denver, San Fran, Seattle, and Arizona since these stats), but the this seems so show that there is some issue with MST teams going to EST/CST.

Sure team strength can negate it, but if teams are otherwise evenly-matched, there is an advantage. 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/con...mes/14372/

Quote:FYI Denver is only two hours behind us, so the division is irrelevant. Time changes only affect the Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, and Cardinals.

So, 2 hours behind=absolutely meaningless, but 3 hours behind=huge advantage/disadvantage, got it.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 09:47 PM by Jax Jag.)

We just need a good blow out win. A 44-17 kind of game. Keep throwing, keep the intensity.

Not just saying this game, but any. We play close games every week until we either break or break them