Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I have a question for le coaching staff

Quote:Then why run it up the middle three times? Surely their goal line package consists of more than "dive right", "dive left" and "field goal".

I'm not defending the play calling.  I was only explaining the personnel on the field.

By the way - did you miss the empty backfield set and touchdown to Julius Thomas? Not a "dive left."

Olson is making adjustments.  Has he been a bit too stubborn running in the red-zone? Sure. He has.  It's not such a big deal though, IMO.  

Bortles inability to put touch and accuracy on a fade to the corner of the end zone is a greater concern in my mind. I hope he can figure that out so we have more options in that situation. 

Still  -  Surely their goal line package also includes this:

[Image: 9iwtok.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can you explain this?  Are you suggesting Olson makes the call and THEN, Bradley gives the OK?

Gus is the head coach.  He is the end all be all.  It falls on him.  He has the authority to change any call he wants, at any point.  If he doesn't want the OC to run those plays, all he has to do is say so.

This is a hot take.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 06:33 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Gus is the head coach.  He is the end all be all.  It falls on him.  He has the authority to change any call he wants, at any point.  If he doesn't want the OC to run those plays, all he has to do is say so.
Oh ok thanks....."just say so....so in this case….

…Play over 40, 39, 38, ..., Hey Olley - they have the same personnel on the field.  Ok lets put in our Hot package (3 wide outs)..."Hot Hot Hot" yells the sideline coach....31, 30, 29....,ummm lets go short yardage pass....ummm, how about a "Scatter-Two Bunch-Right-Zip-Fire 2 Jet Texas Right-F Flat X-Q.”
?  22, 21, 20, .... Dear Gus...are you ok if we pass the ball here?  Primary target being yeldon out of the backfield with hot read to Lewis on the backside?  13, 12, 11, 10....No.  I want to run the ball.  Go with East Right Flop, V Right all the way outside, Y Left, Fake 396 Bag, V Hinge, Z Puck….Ok….7,6,5….Blake can you hear me?  let’s run: East Right Flop, V Right all the way outside, Y Left, Fake 396 Bag, V Hinge, Z Puck…watch for the x Banana 2 Y if you get pressure from the Mike, audible to the 896 H-Shallow F-Curl…Ahhh....Delay of game!

Oh ok…know I see how it all works.

Right...because 40 seconds isn't enough time for Gus to say hey, don't run the ball 3 times in a row here. Olson has been a horrid red zone OC.

Yeah --  it's likely that when Gus sees (or hears in the headset) a  package that's being put out there he dislikes - he will make an adjustment.

These types of OC/HC exchanges seem to be quite normal around the league to me.  Gus just seems to like to stay more "hands off" with his coordinators than most.

If team philosophy / situational play-calling is well understood in staff meetings then HC's shouldn't need to intervene often. 

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 01:53 PM by Kane.)

Quote:Yeah --  it's likely that when Gus sees (or hears in the headset) a  package that's being put out there he dislikes - he will make an adjustment.

These types of OC/HC exchanges seem to be quite normal around the league to me.  Gus just seems to like to stay more "hands off" with his coordinators than most.

If team philosophy / situational play-calling is well understood in staff meetings then HC's shouldn't need to intervene often. 
THIS...

first off... Gus isn't an offensive mind. (If anything he probably has requested the runs in the RZ) I wonder how often Sexy Rexy goes to his OC and says "change that play, run it here"

secondly... why hire a guy if you're going to do his job for him?

He got cramps from eating the ice cream and sprinkles too fast he received for getting them to the goal line.......

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote: Surely their goal line package consists of more than "dive right", "dive left" and "field goal".

Of course it does, we also have "dive up the middle".

Dare I suggest play-action?  We've got one of the most athletic QB's in the league.  Let him try to make a play with his feet.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Of course it does, we also have "dive up the middle".

Dare I suggest play-action? We've got one of the most athletic QB's in the league. Let him try to make a play with his feet.

Play action.

Naked bootleg.

SOMETHING to give Bortles a run/pass option.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Spider 2 Y Banana, goal line version.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Spider 2 Y Banana, goal line version.
Coach Gruden, is that you?

Quote:Je pense simplement que Gus Bradley est un incompétent et qu'il ne sait absolument pas ce qu'il fait.

TJ étant notre meilleur coureur, il devrait effectivement être présent sur le terrain à ce moment là du match.

Ca éviterait de voir Toby se cogner contre un mur au bord de la ligne de but.

Bradley donne simplement son approbation. Oley est responsable de faire le meilleur appel.

'02

Quote:Then why run it up the middle three times? Surely their goal line package consists of more than "dive right", "dive left" and "field goal".

To go as far forward as a Le Car would?

I think we are better off letting Bree Olsen call plays in the red zone.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Pepe le Pew?

Unfortunately, le Pew also sums up our red zone/goal line TD scoring at this time.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think we are better off letting Bree Olsen call plays in the red zone.
Does she sit in the pool?