Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
House/Gratz/McCray

Bubblegum is going to be mad.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember the laughable McCray/Revis comparisons last year now he is just another special teamer???

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 10:51 PM by TexasJag956.)

Is Colvin hurt or something?

Nvm, just read its for left CB

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 10:58 PM by rufftime.)

Quote:I remember the laughable McCray/Revis comparisons last year now he is just another special teamer???
First, I agree about the Revis comments being silly

Do you think a coach that plays Gratz over House has an idea what he is doing in regards to Corners?

McCray will end up moving on to another team and make us look like complete chumps. He played very solid coverage on some talented recievers. For a team that has gotten torched on several occasions this year it makes sense for him to be on the field.

I have to admit to feeling a bit foolish regarding McCray. In the offseason I compared him to Josh Norman suggesting he's our version of the same guy. Well now Norman is being named the best CB in football by some while McCray is typically warming the bench.

'02

Quote:I remember the laughable McCray/Revis comparisons last year now he is just another special teamer???

Wait what?

He's too good on special teams to risk playing in the secondary.

We need a front 7. Our scheme is designed around applying pressure with 4 players but we have to get crazy to get pressure.

No pain, no gain.

I made an anology about McCray and Colvin in which I compared McCrays game more similarly to Revis. I'm wasn't saying he was anywhere near as good but my point was. McCray is a shut down corner, he won't necessarily make big plays but he will stop the opposing teams WR. Whereas Colvin isn't great in coverage but does make plays.

Once again let me reiterate, I'm not saying McCray is anywhere near as good as Revis however he's a similar sort of corner.

Quote:I also believe something close to resembling a pass rush would make them all instantly look *above* average.

No corner can cover WRs forever, no matter how good you are.  With today's rules, everyone gets open in time with a clean pocket.
This makes perfect sense. I wonder why Gus refuses to accept it. Hardhead, maybe.

Am I the only one here that remembers McCray looking really bad in the preseason and vs Miami?

He was benched for a reason folks

Quote:Am I the only one here that remembers McCray looking really bad in the preseason and vs Miami?

He was a 7th rounder for a reason too

Sherman and R. Mathis, too.

And the personal insults when you dared question it, and backed your argument with evidence.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:This makes perfect sense. I wonder why Gus refuses to accept it. Hardhead, maybe.

I think Clemons has disappointed the staff on several levels, and he was the one they were counting on to pick up the slack after Fowler was lost.

I still think there's an issue with personnel and scheme (not enough fits to make it work) that keeps us from running this defense as it's intended to perform.  Otherwise, we should be able to manufacture more pressure in blitz.

Colvin has three sacks, though.  Which is nice.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I wonder if house not starting was more about wanting to contain shady McCoy

Gratz blows in coverage but is pretty damn good in run defense

Not suprised if house is starting this week for the size against marshall

Quote:He wasn't bad against Hopkins, He just wasn't good.

I disagree, I think house is a solid CB at best though. definately the best on our roster

That being said, he got smoked by hopkins... was always a step behind and looked gassed all game

I like house but I hate that we had to pay so much just to get C players at best ( House, Brown, Odrick)

Quote:I disagree, I think house is a solid CB at best though. definately the best on our roster

That being said, he got smoked by hopkins... was always a step behind and looked gassed all game

I like house but I hate that we had to pay so much just to get C players at best ( House, Brown, Odrick)
He was smoked by Hopkins because Bradley thought for some reason that leaving a B-tier corner in single coverage against one of the top five receivers in the league for 60 minutes was a good idea. House held up well until the fourth quarter, by which point just about anyone would be struggling to stay in single coverage with Hopkins.

House kind of felt like a stretch when he signed. In the end, we overpaid--you always do for free agents--but I think that he has, on the whole, been a great boost to the corner position here. He and Colvin could be a solid tandem for a long time.

Odrick has no one on the entire line to take the pressure off of him. Let's get a healthy, competent line out there and see how he does. I suspect he's better than what we've seen thus far, and with a better nose tackle--i.e., not Roy Miller--alongside him, he may yet prove to be as good a five-tech end as Seattle's Michael Bennett is.

Brown was never really envisioned as a long term fix to begin with, IIRC. He was seen as an upgrade over Josh Evans in the short term, and a band-aid while the team finds a long-term answer for the position.

Quote:Am I the only one here that remembers McCray looking really bad in the preseason and vs Miami?

Yeah, but I also recall he had recently returned off of an injury and was playing extended reps. He was glaringly beat by some rookie, but I'd hate to think that's the sole reason for him being so far down the depth chart.

'02

Quote:Yeah, but I also recall he had recently returned off of an injury and was playing extended reps. He was glaringly beat by some rookie, but I'd hate to think that's the sole reason for him being so far down the depth chart.
Real reason: he doesn't like sprinkles.

Quote:Real reason: he doesn't like sprinkles.

Lactose intolerant...