Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hayes Pullard, LB, Cleveland PS via USC signed

Don't believe JT was "let go". From everything I read they wanted to bring him back but the Giants ponied up good money.

Quote:Reynolds was claimed off waivers or would've been resigned. He had to be cut to create more depth for defensive back purposes.

George being cut was baffling.

THe most baffling was letting go of JT Thomas.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I follow the Browns as well. Their LB corp is horrid so I have my doubts about any player who couldn't find a spot on the 53 man roster. I do hope the change of scenery helps.

Quote:I follow the Browns as well. Their LB corp is horrid so I have my doubts about any player who couldn't find a spot on the 53 man roster. I do hope the change of scenery helps.
scheme fits

Quote:Yes. Funny, huh? Also funny how the army of Poz-haters has been eerily quiet around here.  *knocks on wood*

We haven't heard a peep from them since the Bucs game.

'02

Quote:Don't believe JT was "let go". From everything I read they wanted to bring him back but the Giants ponied up good money.

That, and they assured him a starting role.

'02

Quote:Poz has played a whole lot better this year so far than how he was playing last year.

Looks exactly the same to me from his consistent tackling to occasional big plays to getting beat in coverage.

'02

Quote:Oh Caldwell. You had to keep Armbrister over George and Reynolds.

The Bears immediately claimed LaRoy Reynolds off of waivers, and from all reports he's looked good since.

As for Jeremiah George, I was shocked when he failed to make the final 53. I thought I had the roster pretty much pegged, but his not making it wasn't even part of my thinking. It was no surprise that the Bucs picked him up soon after. They said they made the move because he was strictly a MLB, and they felt Armbrister could play MLB and SLB. We know better now. Should have kept George.

So now I'm reminded of much of the Del Rio era when we kept sifting through LB after LB after LB searching for one who can play. We'll see if Pullard can last more than a few weeks.

'02

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2015, 08:21 PM by SuperJville.)

I think this regime just flat out doesn't know how to evaluate linebackers.

We let Daryl Smith go to Baltimore.

We let Brandon Marshall go to Denver.

Signed Dekota Watson.

Signed Geno Hayes.

Let JT Thomas test free agency.

Kept freaking Armbrister over LaRoy and George.

We got lucky with a 5th round pick of Telvin Smith. Poz has always been a stud. Skuta seems alright.

Speaking of Hayes, why not bring him back instead of Armbrister? He is at least decent and can also play special teams.

He's definitely better than Armbrister.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think this regime just flat out doesn't know how to evaluate linebackers.

We let Daryl Smith go to Baltimore.
We let Brandon Marshall go to Denver.

Signed Dekota Watson.

Signed Geno Hayes.

Let JT Thomas test free agency.

Kept freaking Armbrister over LaRoy and George.

We got lucky with a 5th round pick of Telvin Smith. Poz has always been a stud. Skuta seems alright.

Speaking of Hayes, why not bring him back instead of Armbrister? He is at least decent and can also play special teams.

He's definitely better than Armbrister.

We wanted Marshall back, but he opted to sign with Denver instead.

Quote:We wanted Marshall back, but he opted to sign with Denver instead.

This. He chose the Broncos PS over the Jags PS.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Y'all act like finding linebackers is easy. I mean Skuta has been great thus far, Telvin is already one of the best WLB in the NFL and Poz has always been solid. Y'all need to look at some other teams if you think our linebacker situation isn't that good.

Quote:This. He chose the Broncos PS over the Jags PS.

And now hes starting and considered a pretty food LB.

Quote:Y'all act like finding linebackers is easy. I mean Skuta has been great thus far, Telvin is already one of the best WLB in the NFL and Poz has always been solid. Y'all need to look at some other teams if you think our linebacker situation isn't that good.

I don't understand some of the people complaning about the LB corps, sure they had a bad Bucs game, but they have been solid all year.

Quote:I don't understand some of the people complaning about the LB corps, sure they had a bad Bucs game, but they have been solid all year.

We're not complaining about the LB corps per say... we're complaining at the utter lack of LB depth. Keep some of these names and we'd be absolutely stacked at the position.

'02

Quote:We're not complaining about the LB corps per say... we're complaining at the utter lack of LB depth. Keep some of these names and we'd be absolutely stacked at the position.

Wasn't directing that towards you, i've seen a few people complain about Poz, Skuta, and Smith. I agree though, the depth is horrible. They have let way too many decent depth guys go.

Brandon Marshall is free agent next year...just saying.

Quote:Brandon Marshall is free agent next year...just saying.

Restricted free agent.

Not gonna lie, the jt Thomas loss really stings.

I still never get that. JT was active, and what I call a ball player, only to be tossed. I wrote a blurb on him in this thread eealier today, and just deleted it, because why bother?

We love our dear deplorable Jags. One day, very soon, this will all be distant memory. After we win the South this year, simply because the sorry Jags are structurally the best team in the division. In spite of how inferior and low their southern GA posse feel.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.