Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Issues that should be addressed this bye week

Get the playbooks out, cross out Toby's name and rewrite "Yeldon" over it..

Lots of whiteout please...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Kicking needs to be addressed. Myers had his shot, and he's blown it. It is time to start evaluating other options

2. Interior OL needs to be evaluated. I know its easy to pin it on the backs (and Tyson), but our interior OL allowed penetration on those short yardage situations. Time to give a serious look at Bowanko and Shatley at LG, and even Bowanko at Center.

3. Sort out the CB situation. Seriously. Just play the best players. Sit Gratz, and start House or McCray opposite Colvin.

4. Sort out the Safeties. Cyp continous to makes mistakes, but I don't think we have anyone to push him (actually we do, but he's playing FS because Brown can't tackle and Sample isn't ready). Start prepping Nick Marshall for a full time FS switch.

5. Get healthy

please fix the toilet on the second floor....

No need.... Crap flows downhill...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Get hypnotist.  Hypnotize all employees to thinking the 2nd half is in fact the 1st half.

Kidnap Belicheat.  Hire this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spefM2OjKp4

Perform 1st ever coach to coach brain transplant.

Bring in a fullback instead of an overrated defensive lineman to block in short yardage situations.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:They need to find whatever it is that makes them fall apart after the half.  Once again like clockwork the offense and defense falls off the face of the Earth.  

Could it be an endurance thing?  I mean are they simply tired by the 2nd half?  Maybe the new head Physical Trainer is bad, of course been years that this has happened so maybe its simply HC Gus Bradley not motivating and adjusting his game plan (or coaching it up) to the players at the half...

But seriously worst 2nd half team adjustments & play in the NFL it would seem anyways from watching them...

Quote:Honestly in theory (now that I've been explained this scheme today lol) it makes sense on paper. Sitting in that cover 3 touches all your bases to "bend not break" if you play it correctly.

The problem is this scheme LIVES AND DIES on the ability to apply pressure with your front 4 and keeping everything in front of the defense. Without pressure you are just going to give the QB time to find holes in the zone.

Now I imagine Gus figures he wasn't going to change his whole defensive scheme for one season without Fowler so he is truly doing his best with the rushers he has...Clemons and Branch...ugh.

Didn't think losing Fowler would be this much of a blow. But honestly I do see why Khan will give Bradley time. It's not his fault he doesn't have the rushing talent available.
I now what the scheme is designed to do, but whats the difference between giving up one big play for a score or 15 little ones all the way down the field until they score?  LOL I hate that scheme 

Cut and replace Myers.

Cut Gertrash or move him to FB. No more alualu on offense please.

Top 3 corners should be Colvin, House, McCray. Put Gratz on IR and pay the rest of his salary in bubblegum. Or cut him.

Cut Marcedes and let Nic Jacobs do his job. He has shown that he can drop passes and block ok.

Cyprien sucks. Trade him for a conditional 2018 7th rounder.

Cut Branch. He is just embarrassing himself out there so Dave would be doing him a solid.

Cut Henne. I don't like his stupid beard.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Find a new kicker.  

Self-scout.   Figure out why we can't move the ball in the second half.   Figure out whether we need to blitz more.  

Get healthier. 

Figure out how to get Julius Thomas more involved in the offense. 

Quote:Cut and replace Myers.

Cut Gertrash or move him to FB. No more alualu on offense please.

Top 3 corners should be Colvin, House, McCray. Put Gratz on IR and pay the rest of his salary in bubblegum. Or cut him.

Cut Marcedes and let Nic Jacobs do his job. He has shown that he can drop passes and block ok.

Cyprien sucks. Trade him for a conditional 2018 7th rounder.

Cut Branch. He is just embarrassing himself out there so Dave would be doing him a solid.

Cut Henne. I don't like his stupid beard.
Spot on...

I'd add back to the basics for the offense as well.  Illegal formations, off-sides, holding, etc. are terrible.

Find a new kicker.

Find an acupuncture healer or something else for Lee; the traditional methods aren't working.

Coaches need to review the tapes and determine the best CBs, and stick with them.

Quote:I now what the scheme is designed to do, but whats the difference between giving up one big play for a score or 15 little ones all the way down the field until they score?  LOL I hate that scheme 

I think its easy to say "what's the difference?" Well, I think back to our offenses in the Garrard/Fred/MJD era. Two of the best running backs in the game and a QB who was good enough to compliment them. Our offense was basically run run slant or run run play action. Everything was predicated off the run. It was good when it worked. But one bad penalty, a hold or false start, and suddenly we're facing 15 yards or 20 yards instead of 10. Suddenly, its easier for the defense to get off the field. The way I look at it, by playing a bend but don't break, you're giving the offense more opportunities to make a mistake.

We can make a case that our defense, at times, has done a good job of doing this this season. The problem is that, absent a four-man rush, even the 3rd and long gets completed.

Quote:They need to find whatever it is that makes them fall apart after the half.  Once again like clockwork the offense and defense falls off the face of the Earth.  

I think that's a stretch.  I don't think they fell apart at all.  They score on that one drive and I think that game is a whole different story.  No, the defense didn't look real great after that, but that damn goal line stand set the tone for the second half.  A TD there would have been a dagger to the heart.  

I just can't believe they couldn't come up with anything more imaginative that running Gerhart into the middle of the line four straight.  I think that's the loudest I've cussed out the TV all year.  Fer crissakes, you have a mobile QB.  Roll the friggin' guy out and have some sort of run/pass option.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bad play calling on the goal line.

The garbage kicker needs to go.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Kicker.

Evaluate the success of the blitzing which was pretty obvious.

CB, put House back in his spot.

Play calling and the logic behind it.

Cut bait with consistently underperforming players.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

until the final 2 drives when we needed them.

Bortles was near perfect on game winning drive.

Defense played tight on final Bills drive.

Bring back House as a starter.

Look into possible trade scenarios.

I know Caldwell doesn't want to trade valuable picks for players. But the bye week would be time to make a move if one is to be made.

Maybe we could package Toby, and a pick for S or Dline help. I don't know... but I hope they are trying to add punch to the areas on D we're lacking it.

And if we could maybe not use AluAlu as a rusher, yeah that'd be great.

The bye would be a perfect time to trade for Willie Young and get him acclimated to the system *cough cough*
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm still backing Myers. You guys would probably be shocked if you, like I do, watch every play of every game with the DirecTV NFL cut-ups. Kickers are missing extra points this year right and left. It's by no means automatic any more. The Vikings and Saints missed x-tra points yesterday off the top of my head, and there were a couple more. But it's every week I keep seeing them all over the place.

'02